PDA

View Full Version : New Enemies...

idontknow
08-21-2006, 11:51 AM
I'd first like to say i dont mean to be a pest & appreciate all the new features in the latest beta (although i'll appreciate them more when I finally learn FFC scripting) Anyway, i was wondering if its possible to implement the last winner in the enemy contest, the Grappler Bug.

Here (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=89605) is a link to the contest poll if you need more info.

_L_
08-23-2006, 09:18 AM
I could implement an FFC that latches onto Link and slows his movement. But it'd be nice for them to spring forth from bushes and grass.

ShadowTiger
08-23-2006, 01:02 PM
I could implement an FFC that latches onto Link and slows his movement. But it'd be nice for them to spring forth from bushes and grass.

Better yet, an FF Combo Script command that generates other FF Scripts at precise locations and under certain conditions.

Dark Nation
08-23-2006, 03:26 PM
I'm still working on the new enemies. Does anyone have a save state for one of the GB Zelda games that is near some grappler bugs so I can see how they act?

*b*
08-23-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm still working on the new enemies. Does anyone have a save state for one of the GB Zelda games that is near some grappler bugs so I can see how they act?

As far as I know, those aren't in the GB Zeldas. My idea came from those little things in Minish Cap, which latch onto you and prevent you from using weapons, I think...

Dark Nation
08-23-2006, 03:47 PM
Oh. Well, a save state from that game, then?

*b*
08-23-2006, 04:44 PM
They're found almost everywhere in that game. Once you get a useable sword, just start hacking away at bushes, and you'll eventually have one pop out at you

Though I know where there are some at all times, and I'll see if I can get a savestate for you near one of those areas

idontknow
08-23-2006, 05:03 PM
Similar things are in Wind Waker, like the black & orange spike things. If i recall correctly, they slowly drain health.

_L_
08-23-2006, 10:34 PM
Similar things are in Wind Waker, like the black & orange spike things. If i recall correctly, they slowly drain health.
You recall incorrectly!

*b*
08-23-2006, 10:57 PM
This SHOULD be the right save. I used massive amounts of cheats to reach this point, which explains Zelda and all items with only like, six hearts

[edit] I think this might be a savestate, and it would be the first slot. If it is, it'll put you right next to one of the little bastards

If you go south-west, you should come upon a circle mark on the wall, just south of the mayor's house (It's not too far from where you start), and use the claws (Which I have assigned allready) to dig into it. Eventually, you'll come across them in the open areas

Other than that, just slash tons of bushes, and you'll eventually get one stuck to you

And IDK, the ones in Wind Waker slow you down depending how many you have on you, and I think they also disable rolling. They don't damage you... just piss the player off