PDA

View Full Version : Rifftrax

Starkist
08-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Michael J. Nelson, formerly writer and later host of Mystery Science Theater 3000, has an ingenious idea. He has recorded mp3 files of himself and later Kevin Murphy (Tom Servo) commenting on movies just like they did on the show. For $2-3 you can download these commentary files and it is up to you to play them alongside the DVD of the movie being riffed. I just downloaded the one for Star Trek V and I'll watch it tonight as soon as I get the DVD.

If you miss MST3K, and wish they could have done some more popular movies, this could be just the ticket.

http://www.rifftrax.com/index.php

Jigglysaint
08-20-2006, 05:55 PM
That show was awesome. I remember they also did some of those educational films, like the one about the springs. "Hey look, it's Coily's army of darkness!" There's a line I am going to remember for a long time.

Prrkitty
08-21-2006, 12:47 AM
I miss MST3K. Used to watch it every week when it'd come on. You've not enjoyed a good movie until you watch one with the guys from MST3K. :)

Starkist
08-21-2006, 04:57 AM
The Star Trek V track was hilarious.

(As Captain Kirk climbs El Capitan.) "He's trying to climb his own ego!" "That's pretty hard."

(As Kirk enters the bridge unexpectedly.) "I'm too vain to stay off camera for long."

Darth Marsden
08-21-2006, 02:15 PM
This is a great idea, and if I had the money I'd be all over these. MST3K rocked. Who's seen Mr B Natural?