PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Moveable Freeform Combo in Zquest

cbailey78
08-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Wouldn't it be ALOT easier to be able to move freeform combos with your mouse where you can drag them around to your spot than spending minutes on the X and the Y position boxes?

sorry if this doesn't sound clearer.

Would you guys agree?

ShadowTiger
08-20-2006, 04:40 PM
This would be a dream come true. That is all.

_L_
08-21-2006, 12:20 AM
What I do is move the Green Box to where I want the FFC, then take note of its displayed X and Y coordinates, and then transfer those to the FFC definition.

ShadowTiger
08-21-2006, 12:32 AM
What I do is move the Green Box to where I want the FFC, then take note of its displayed X and Y coordinates, and then transfer those to the FFC definition.
I do that too. Hell, I think pretty much all of us actually do this, as it's the only surefire way to do it right now.

I would personally favor a hotkey or something, such as Shift+P (For Positioning.) to place a grabber-like icon on the screen, transmitting its precise coordinates back on the screen. If you actually clicked, it'd ask you to position a Freeform Combo number there. If you don't click, just moving around the mouse cursor moves the box around, showing you the coordinates in the upper left corner of the screen.

Oh, also note, that (On 800x600 resolution, I think... Not sure if it happens on any other resolution.) but when you DO use the method _L_ reminds us of, and you open up the FF combo dialog to mark in those coordinates, you can only actually see the Y value (The lower of the two) as indicated there. It blocks off the X value from view.

beefster09
08-21-2006, 06:38 PM
We need this in the subscreen editor as well.