PDA

View Full Version : Poll for Beta Testing

Dlbrooks33
08-20-2006, 10:12 AM
I think we should continue Beta Testing because, the faster we get bugs out and new things in, the faster ZC becomes complete and the faster people can make better quests and finally be able to redo their old quests.

The_Amaster
08-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Ummm... It says"You may not vote in this poll"
Well, anyway, I'd vote yes for several reasons
1.) Developers, as talented as they are, cannot develop all of this stuff and test it completly without going a few years between versions.(Maybe an exageration)
2.) On a personal level, I enjoy constant upgrading, because it would be quite annoying to finish a quest in 2.10, just in time for 2.11 to come out, and have to go back and update for the new features.
3.) I really cannot see a reason not to run public Beta tests. I mean, what's the harm?

Dragonslicer
08-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Fixing bugs is always good. Adding new features and breaking quests, especially between minor/patch versions (e.g. 2.10 to 2.11), is not always good.

erm2003
08-20-2006, 11:50 AM
You cannot vote in a poll if you have under 100 posts I believe.

And yes, beta testing is extremely important. Many bugs have been squashed with each beta release due to the fact that many people have been testing and confirming bugs. It will help the developers achieve their goal of having a final release which should be pratically bug free.

EDIT: I have to add this in though. Once we get a final release on 2.11, I think we do need a break from public betas for a while. It would be good to make it public again in the final stages to help with bugs, but that can be down the road so that we can get full use out of 2.11 before something new comes out.

The_Amaster
08-20-2006, 12:23 PM
Well yeah, the whole pont of Beta tesing is that it comes after "Alpha Testing". We should take a break, so the developers can develop some more stuff. My point is that we shouldn't take a break from Beta testing just because, we should take a break because ther's nothing to test, because it's being developed.