PDA

View Full Version : 1.90 Style Tribble Enemies

Exdeath
08-20-2006, 03:05 AM
I know this has been discussed before and DN showed interest in doing so, but I would really like to see 1.90 style tribbles implemented before the next "final" release.

They used to work as follows, and I will use a Zol and Gel tribble as an example:

Zol Tribble -> 2 Gel Tribbles -> 2 Zols -> 4 Gels

Please implement this as many 1.90 quests do not work correctly with infinitely growing tribbles (ALTADD, one of my favorite quests, comes to mind).

Note: by no means am I saying to get rid of the new kind of tribbles. I would either like to see a new enemy type created (like 1.90 style tribble) or a screen flag that causes tribbles to behave like 1.90 tribbles.

Thanks for listening.

Dark Nation
09-07-2006, 09:37 PM
How about a quest rule that is auto-enabled for older quests?

Exdeath
09-07-2006, 11:31 PM
How about a quest rule that is auto-enabled for older quests?

Thanks for replying DN,

That would be good if it's all you and the developers are willing to do, but wouldn't it be simple (I'm not a programmer so I don't know.) to add a screen flag for that behavior also?

The quest in question uses a unique style of giving you the mirror shield as the first item and making you kill enemies by bouncing fireballs from fireball shooters into enemies like keese and gels. One particular room (and it works with 1.90 tribbles) has a fire shooter and 4 gel tribbles. If you don't kill them fast enough, they grow into normal Zols and become a bit harder to kill. You can imagine, how nightmarish it will get if they grow into tribbles and keep splitting.

Again, an auto quest flag would work for quests like that, but it would be cool to have the flexibility to do stuff like that with the current version.

Whatever you decide though. I appreciate you taking the time to consider this. :)