PDA

View Full Version : Item Room Question

Kouhaku
08-20-2006, 01:07 AM
Hello everyone, first time poster here. Have a bit of a problem I'm hoping to get some help on resolving.

Basically, I have an item room setup as it's shown in the alphadawg tutorial (basically push block to uncover a stairway). Everything as far as I can tell works proper, however, when I attempt to leave the item room, nothing happens (basically Link can't get out). Is their something perhaps I'm missing?

The_Amaster
08-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Have you made sure to put the blue square in front of the stairs on the OW map. This shouldn't be a problem, but I'm just throwing stuff out here. Oh, and what version do you have?

Kouhaku
08-20-2006, 10:35 AM
Yeah, that's all in place. As for version, I'm using 2.11 beta 12b.

edit: Tested this on 2.10, seems to work correctly there. A bug in the beta perhaps?

The_Amaster
08-20-2006, 11:18 AM
Probably, you should post this in the beta bug forum. Also, try downloading 12c. That might help.

ShadowTiger
08-20-2006, 11:22 AM
Just to test it out, try doing two things, one at a time. Backup the quest first, of course. (And backup the screen itself; copy it somewhere on an unused area with "c" for copy and "v" for paste. Better yet, an advanced paste. Edit menu.)

1) Turn the WHOLE SCREEN into walkable ladders, and having the part that's originally walkable a ladder of a different Cset to mark its usual location (To change Csets, press Keypad plus or minus.) This way, we have the whole screen to test walkable locations. Maybe the way back was moved. :shrug: That'd have to be a bug then. Far too few people even use that item room nowadays anyway. :shrug: They just stick the item in a chest. :p

2) Place a side warp on the upper side of the screen warping you back to the place of origin. YES, it'll warp you to the same location every time, so it's only good for one use, but hey, we're testing, remember? :p See if you can warp with a side warp in place. Don't forget to click the upper bar to tell which side of the screen is affected by the side warp.