PDA

View Full Version : Looking for quest testers

Tanza
08-19-2006, 07:19 PM
Where can I get people to test and criticize my quest?

If you'd like to test my quest, aim me at TanzaIratier

Thanks

erm2003
08-20-2006, 04:37 AM
Tell us about it. Show us some pictures. Try to generate some interest and you may get more response.

ms_zelda_lady
08-20-2006, 12:13 PM
I don't have aim but I'd like to give your quest a try.
Send it to me at [email protected]
Thanks
ms_zelda_lady

The_Amaster
08-20-2006, 12:20 PM
I do have AIM, but can't acess it at the moment. Send it to [email protected]. My AIM is Amaster423.

Tanza
08-20-2006, 11:07 PM
Well, here's a looong post to detailed explaination on my quest:

Here's a rough draft version of what a prelude for my quest would be (ignore the roughly drawn word choices and such)
“Years ago, trouble stirred in the northern reaches of the land. An evil entity known as Gannon arose from the flames of the underworld, bringing with him the thousands and thousands of monsters and evil fiends of his great army. The long era of peace was lost, and Gannon’s army of darkness ushered in an age of terror that would never be forgotten. But, a great hero would rise to the occasion and embark on a journey to restore the peace of Hyrule, journeying across the land and learning of a legendary power called the Golden Power. The Golden Power was born of the Sacred Triforce, an ancient artifact forged by the gods at the dawn of Hyrule’s creation. It was said to have the power to grant the wishes of its holder. Naturally, when Gannon entered Hyrule, he sought this power. When he obtained it, he cast the land into darkness and divided the Triforce into shards which he spread all across the land, so that no one could us its power to foil his plan. And so the hero of Hyrule ventured into the dungeons and gathered all of the shards. After recreating the Triforce and obtaining the Golden Power, the hero wished for the return of the light in Hyrule. And at long last, he sought out Gannon and sent him back to the underworld. The Triforce was then re-divided into shards and spread across Hyrule, and of the Lower Lands, Underworld, and Outside Land, and even as far as the vast Green Forests.”

“Today, Gannon is escaping the underworld once again. Monsters have already broken through the barriers which divide the worlds. Even deep under in the Inner Land they’ve reached. They’re the worst in the Outside Land, and even worse in the northern reaches of Outside Land, once known as Hyrule. I am afraid to ask of you, my only son, what no one else may have the power to do, but I must. Gannon seeks to obtain the Golden Power once again, and I fear that if he does, he will wish the worlds to oblivion. You must obtain the triforce shards and wish what the hero before you could not – the death and destruction of Gannon, so as to procure the peace and serenity of all the Worlds, Forever and Ever.”

And...for *some* photos:
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m208/ReitariAznat/zelda027.jpg
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m208/ReitariAznat/zelda026.jpg
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m208/ReitariAznat/zelda025.jpg
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m208/ReitariAznat/zelda023.jpg
I'll try to produce more.

In more general terms: My quest uses the old tileset, with many custom tiles all created by me (except for one.) I tried to make it progressive in difficulty, and not to easy either. A lot of secrets are available, with things like bomb cracks, flute tiles, and so forth. I didn't make it entirely linear, but it isn't all that non-linear either.
The quest has its 8 dungeons all uniquely named, one secret dungeon, 6 overworld maps (scattered across 8x16 room maps.) Rooms on the overworld with a dungeon have a "Number Tile" so you know its on that room.
Now the dungeons are interesting - each has two heart pieces, and one heart container. The heart container is in a separate room from the triforce, and has its own boss. THe triforce room has its boss too. Each dungeon has one puzzle room, with a heart piece, and two rooms with Red Darknuts.
These Red Darknut rooms have blocks you can move to go downstairs and grab an item. The first Red Darknut room holds the second heart container; the other; the special item. The number of red darknuts in those rooms is the level number of the dungeon.
And one final note of the dungeons - the room just before the boss has a number of come-to-life statues, and number in of the dungeon level number.

Well...that's about it. That took quite a while to write, mebbe i'll make it my ReadMe.

Tanza
08-20-2006, 11:13 PM
I don't like to double post, but thought it to be the right thing to do.

^^ I sent to those who requested the quest file, but it's 550 KB, and I don't know how acceptable the online IMAP accounts accept "large" files. If so, I'll try zipping it or splitting it.

The_Amaster
08-20-2006, 11:26 PM
Um...550kb is not a large file. That is, in fact, quite tiny.

ms_zelda_lady
08-21-2006, 11:09 AM
Thanks for sending me your quest. I've played up to the beginning of level 5 and haven't had any trouble or come across any bugs so far. The only thing I didn't get was the heart piece from Tridor. I spent at least 10 minutes trying to figure out which blocks to miove but never got the solution. BTW I'm assuming the hammer is in level 5 and I will have to go bck to get the whole heart from level 4.
I like your overworld and the only thing I think is missing are more secret bomb places. The fact that you've marked them all with X's takes a bit of the secrets away but its still pretty good.
Dungeons are great, especially the warps and btw they all work properly so far.
The enemies are really getting a little hard in level 5 but I haven't given up yet.
All in all its quite a fun quest to play and I would recommend it to all whether or not you like classic tiles or not.

ms_zelda_lady

P.S. I'm now stuck in the Green Forest trying to figure out how to get into a tree thats surrounded by trees all around it. It contains something I need to go forward in the game. If anyone has gotten that far please post or pm me with the solution.:confused: I can't go anywhere until I solve this.