PDA

View Full Version : ...New Enemy Contest?

Modus Ponens
08-19-2006, 04:30 PM
Hey, remember forever ago when there was a contest to design a new enemy that DN would put in the game? There were a lot of cool entries. Did any of them win, or did that kinda fizzle out? I made an entry that I liked and I'm curious to see if anything won at all.

Go you Huskies.

Pineconn
08-20-2006, 11:12 PM
Yeah, some have been implemented in the latest beta, like the Summoner, File Gel/Zol, Bombchu, some Shooters, a magic Pols Voice, and a Fire Octorok/Bomb Octorok. I don't remember which ones were actually part of the contest. I believe an Ice Wizzrobe is also being worked on.

EDIT: [Here (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=89605)] is the contest for anyone who cares...

idontknow
08-21-2006, 11:40 AM
Yeah, just for your convenience, here are all the winners & a discription of each:

+ Summoner
Summons a variety of enemies. Currently implemented so that the enemies it summons are those enemies on any of the 6 layers.

+ Projectile Shooter
This is an enemy class, consisting of multiple enemies, all of which are invisible & can't be damaged. They each should a different projectile, hence the name. There are Fire Shooters, Rock Shooters, Flame Shooters, Arrow shooters, and so on. (All of the aforementioned are currently implemented)

+ Bombchu
This is an enemy that charges at Link (similar to a rope) but explodes when it crashes into Link. These are also implemented.

+ Fire Gel
This is a gel enemy that leaves behind a trail of fire wherever it walks (which slowly disappears) There's also Fire Zols and tribble Fire Zols & Gels. (Again, these are implemented)

+ Grappler Bug
This is an enemy that will jump out of bush combos towards Link & stick to him & drain his health. (Currently not implemented)