PDA

View Full Version : Mommy wow! I'm a college boy now!

Archibaldo
08-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Well tomorrow I leave for my first year at college. I've got an on campus residence with 3 other guys I have never met in person before. I have, however, talked to two of them on MSN. But the third guy doesn't even have an email address. I'm not sure what kind of person these days doesn't have an email address. So I'm stuck with a music enthusiast, a military enthusiast and a mystery man.

Supposedly the school I'm going to is considered the "perty" school. Now I don't know if every college is considered a "party" school, but the reaction I get from people when I tell them where I'm going is usually along the lines of "so you don't really want to learn then?" It sounds like it's going to be fun.

So I'll be back when I get my computer hooked up to the internet there.

Prrkitty
08-19-2006, 12:12 PM
Good luck hon :) Remember to learn a few things or two whilest you are there.
<hug>

goKi
08-19-2006, 12:46 PM
Remember. There's a time and place for everything, and that place is college.

Brasel
08-19-2006, 04:31 PM
I've been told that you really haven't been to college until you've had an STD. Well, I wouldn't advise that. I also wouldn't advise doing what I did and dropping out to join the Army. Have fun, study hard, pass your classes and get a job. Good luck man.

Dechipher
08-19-2006, 04:51 PM
I've been at OCU for the last week doing orientation stuff. It's been so much fun. I've known my roommate since 7th grade, but we don't really see each other much, so it's all good. Also, the word on the street here is that the ratio of girls to guys is 7 to 1, but when you factor in the gay men (it's a liberal arts college) it's like 11 to 1 which is freakin cool.
College is fun.

Brasel
08-19-2006, 06:36 PM
I've been at OCU for the last week doing orientation stuff. It's been so much fun. I've known my roommate since 7th grade, but we don't really see each other much, so it's all good. Also, the word on the street here is that the ratio of girls to guys is 7 to 1, but when you factor in the gay men (it's a liberal arts college) it's like 11 to 1 which is freakin cool.
College is fun.

11 to 1 as in more women, or 11 to 1 as in people you want to get with? ;)

Cloral
08-20-2006, 03:09 AM
Is it any college we may have heard of?

As for your roommates, the worst thing you can do is go into the situation with a predisposition towards them. Which I have to say it sounds like is the case. Try and be open-minded, and you may learn some things.
For instance, my Sophmore-year roommate annoyed me at first. Whenever he would hang out with his friend who referred to himself as 'Bass' (it took me half the year to find out what his real name was) he would act all spastic and random. They would say totally random things, perform 'free-style walking', and talk about how cops should give you cookies when you have nothing in your mouth (don't ask). Over time though, I realized something. When they were together, they didn't care what others thought about them. They just had fun. And really, how great is that? But by the time I realized this, Bass had graduated and moved away for work. And without Bass, my roomate was very quiet and reserved. So now at work, I have a sign that reads, "Food goes in the mouth" that I put up when I go to lunch. It just seems to me to be something that he would say when Bass was around.

So my point is, you'll get along better with your roommates if you approach them with an open mind. You might even discover something about yourself.

Archibaldo
08-22-2006, 03:20 PM
Woo, I have access to the internet for now. As for my roommates, they're pretty cool. The militaryish guy is by far the nicest person I have ever known. The mystery guy however is a druggie. And the music enthusiast is just plain normal.

But yeah. We spent the past 2 days trying to figure out how to connect the internet to the computers in the dorm. One guy even called the customer service at like 11 o'clock at night and was on hold for like an hour. The military guy and I almost got it hooked up, but it seems as if the user name and password are wrong so thats the only barrier seperating us from connection to the wondeful word of dial-up.

On a bad note though, when we arrived at our appartment, the shower's floor wa covered in hair and dirt and since the shower drain, drains so slowly, there isn't enough force to pull the dirt after I scrubbed it away down the dain. It drains so slow that the dirt settles back on the floor of the shower before it's even half empty.

Btw, the name of the college is Champlain Lennoxville Regional College. It's in the city of Sherbrook. If you're in the area, sent me an email.

lord_jamitossi
08-22-2006, 10:32 PM
Oooh, you're a college boy now.
Still not gonna get any. :p

Robin (my brother) was up there on Monday night, did you see him? I think he was pretty hammered by the end of the night.

When did your classes start? I'm starting next monday, moving in... sometime this week.

Archibaldo
08-24-2006, 03:40 PM
Oooh, you're a college boy now.
Still not gonna get any. :p

Robin (my brother) was up there on Monday night, did you see him? I think he was pretty hammered by the end of the night.

When did your classes start? I'm starting next monday, moving in... sometime this week.

I saw him there on Sunday afternoon when I moved in. As for classes, mine started on monday.

Aegix Drakan
08-24-2006, 07:42 PM
? huh? your college has the same name as mine, except mine is in St lambert...

Oh, well. hope you adjust well and everything! It's WAY different from high school

Archibaldo
08-25-2006, 10:34 AM
I know what college you're talking about Aegix. One of my friends goes there. Maybe you know him, his name is Francis Bolap. It's his first year there too.

moocow
08-25-2006, 11:22 AM
College is for losers.

(I'm soooooo kidding.)

lord_jamitossi
08-25-2006, 04:55 PM
? huh? your college has the same name as mine, except mine is in St lambert...

Oh, well. hope you adjust well and everything! It's WAY different from high school

No way! I'm going to Vanier in Montreal starting Monday, my roommate (who I havn't met yet) is going to Champlain St.Lambert. That's pretty awsome.

Thing most people don't realize is that there's 2000+ people going to that school, so the chance that you would know each other is slim to none.

Rainman
08-29-2006, 06:25 PM
Good Luck man. I'm coming back to college on my third year in Computer Engineering. Things are really getting interesting.

What are you majoring in by the way? Or are you undeclared?

RevKeltina
08-30-2006, 06:14 AM
a music enthusiast, a military enthusiast and a mystery man.

Hmm.....sounds like my pre-marital love life! LOL

Congrats on your new educational venture!! Here's a tip, take a microcassette to lectures, your are bound to doze off now and again! Eat lots of cold pizza and don't take so many classes at once that you burn out. Keep us posted on your classes and major so we can encourage you!

Blessings,
RevK

Archibaldo
08-30-2006, 09:41 AM
What are you majoring in by the way? Or are you undeclared?

Well Currently I'm undeclared but I will be going into Business once I get my pre-requisits.