PDA

View Full Version : isle of the winds

sayed hafing
08-19-2006, 05:49 AM
hello i need a little help... :)

i found the entrance to level 2 on swamp island, which can only be entered by hopping over logs or how to call, but i dont know how to open the big brown block to get there. or do i have to get around?

thx
s.

erm2003
08-19-2006, 09:11 AM
You need a super bomb to blow it up. You can find a shop on the desert island.

DarkFlameWolf
08-19-2006, 04:05 PM
And that's actually level 4. But you can take levels 2-7 in any order. So don't be afraid to enter level 4 just because you found it first. Just be wary that you'll need more skill to beat it than if you were to find level 2 first.

sayed hafing
08-20-2006, 07:47 AM
hmmm... but wheres then lvl 2? ^^

erm2003
08-20-2006, 11:48 AM
Forest Island... go west from the first island and look for hidden raft paths (try pressing different directions on the control pad while on the raft). You will eventually find it. But you still need a super bomb to enter that level too.

Pineconn
08-20-2006, 11:26 PM
Heh, that's funny. When I first played this quest, I thought the dungeon in the swamp was Level 2 also.

Yeah, don't do Level 4 yet. It has Red Wizzrobes in it... a pain if you have few hearts. That spells out
I-N-S-T-A-N-T D-E-A-T-H.

No, I can't use that in a sentance.

Let me warn you, this quest isn't easy. It's very complicated with all the raft paths going around, and it feels like Wind Waker. You know, when you first set sail to Dragon Roost, you felt so... "away." You'll get that feeling. (But, in retrospect, you'll probably be only 1 or 2 screens away from Town Island. ;) )

DarkFlameWolf
08-21-2006, 11:20 AM
Cool that you felt it had that feeling Pineconn! But yes, the wizzrobes do mean instant death to beginning players, but for a skilled player, shouldn't be a problem.

that guy
08-22-2006, 07:17 AM
This is a very good quest. I just finished lvls three and four and I think by and far that level three was the hardest lvl that I have played in a Zelda game.

Love For Fire
08-22-2006, 10:55 AM
This is a very good quest. I just finished lvls three and four and I think by and far that level three was the hardest lvl that I have played in a Zelda game.

Wait till you reach the Master Dome.

Kingboo30
08-22-2006, 12:55 PM
I remember taking on level 5 with only a white sword and normal tunic. The enemys were easy with the ancient dolphin music playing from SD3 but that 8-headed Gleeok wasn't easy at all with barely any space. If your good, I recommend level 4 first as it has the blue tunic in it.

:scared:

How many Zelda games have you played? Or what Zeldas have you played? Level 3 should be an easy level. Only the darknuts can provide a bit of small challenge.

Pineconn
08-22-2006, 01:24 PM
Meh, but the Master Dome isn't required to beat the game. If anything, it's good to swipe keys from. ;)

Same thing here, Kingboo. I missed the Blue Tunic in Level 4, got to the end boss of Level 5 and I couldn't beat it! I needed that tunic!

Cool that you felt it had that feeling Pineconn! But yes, the wizzrobes do mean instant death to beginning players, but for a skilled player, shouldn't be a problem.

Yes, it's a shame not too many quests have that feeling. And it was one of the first custom quests I've ever played (if not the first), that's why I died so many times by the Wizzrobes. Inexperience. :)

that guy
08-24-2006, 10:14 AM
I had no problem with the wizrobes the reason that I say it was the hardest was because of the darknuts in the close spaces, and those damn things that eat your shield. I run like hell and slash but they just kept bullying me into a corner. Also I still have the wooden sword. I can't find the white sword. I think I know where it is but have yet to figure out how to get it.

I have played the original Zelda some of the second one, the one for the original gameboy I think it was links awakening? I played the oracle s for gameboy color, I played a link to the past ( the snes one?) and the minish cap. In all of those games have never had as hard a time as in this quest. That is by no means a complaint, I am loving this quest and if it had ever gone to a retail venue I would not have thought twice about buying it. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite things to play. Thank you Dark Flame Wolf for your awesome quest.

erm2003
08-24-2006, 10:28 AM
that guy: Did you find the island with level 5 on it yet? It's north of the forest island (level 2) I believe. If you find a triforce symbol on the ground around the water, try playing music there. You will appreciate the upgrade.

pvd
08-24-2006, 11:50 AM
While we are on this quest and I figured out how to use a raft. Is there an additional entrance to level 2? If so where is it?

that guy
08-24-2006, 12:31 PM
Not that I am at all an authority on the subject, but I would have to say no there is only one entrance to level 2. I will try the music thing thanks for the advice.

that guy
08-24-2006, 12:41 PM
Thank you so very much for the tip erm2003. I never remember to use that damn whistle.

pvd
08-24-2006, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the help on the 2nd dungsion. I too forget to use the whistle and need it spelled out when to use it.

DarkFlameWolf
08-24-2006, 09:50 PM
When in doubt, when no other item works, use the whistle.

sayed hafing
08-26-2006, 09:13 AM
oh my good... if aou all say its hard even in lvl 3 and 4, then im very frightened. never was very skilled ... by the way, how do you kill wizzrobes?^^

erm2003
08-26-2006, 12:18 PM
The red wizzrobes are easier. If you can stand on one spot, they will always appear so that you are in their direct line and they can shoot you. As soon as they appear, move out of the direct line and attack them with your sword from the side or behind. It's also a lot easier with the Magic Sheild since you can block their magic and take less damage.

Blue wizzrobes are always on the screen moving around and it takes more hits with the sword to kill them. More than likely you will take a few hits fighting them unless you have an item like the hookshot or fire boomerang that can stun them. It will be easy to take them out at that point.

I won't go into the special wizzrobes right now. You can figure them out pretty easy though (the sword always works). By the time you fight them you will be powerful enough to take them out. Always try to carry a potion though, it may be helpful.

Mushroom3691
08-28-2006, 01:22 AM
This is my first custom quest and believe me it is great. Im on lvl 3, just got power gauntlets! Died alot on Darknuts. They are so hard! Anyway great quest! Outstanding Job!

that guy
08-28-2006, 12:22 PM
This is my first custom quest and believe me it is great. Im on lvl 3, just got power gauntlets! Died alot on Darknuts. They are so hard! Anyway great quest! Outstanding Job!

See im not the only one!

that guy
08-28-2006, 01:03 PM
Ok I give up how do I proceed in lvl 6? I entered the third room that i could get to and killed all the enimies, bombed just about every wall surface and I tried blowing the whistle. Nothing seems to be working. Dose anyone know what you are supposed to be doing? Also how many hearts do i have to have to get the master sword?

DarkFlameWolf
08-28-2006, 02:37 PM
12 hearts to get the master sword and walk straight through the middle of the northern wall. I introduced walk-thru walls. Get used to it. :P

that guy
08-28-2006, 05:00 PM
Oh damn, no way. That is something I will defiantly have to get used to, thank you for the info.

zeldafan500
08-28-2006, 08:24 PM
Edit2: Nevermind I got it.
Oh and I'd like to say this is the greatist custom quest I've ever played. Good job.

that guy
08-29-2006, 12:43 PM
Okay I give up. I can't figure out what to do in level 6. I have found all three of the lettered levels and can't progress in them at all. In C because it is too hard, and I can't progress in A and B because I haven't got the hammer. I am hoping beyond hope that the problems I am having in level 6 are not a version issue.

I have walked through the wall like I was told and I blew through the wall in the next room. The room after that startles me because if I press on either of the blocks to left or right I get trapped and have to continue to get out of it. If I go down the steps I get to a room where there are invisible enemies which isn't to bad, the only problem is that there is no way to progress in this room because of button blocks with no button that I can see.

I really like this quest and would hate to have to start it over in a different version of ZC. If anyone has had the same problems or if this can be chalked up to my insufficiencies then please let me know.

that guy
08-29-2006, 01:03 PM
If anyone wants to call me a whiney punk please do it would be justified. I have bombed every wall that I could find and have made some progress. Sorry for the negativity.

zeldafan500
08-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Uh wheres level 2? I can't find it anywhere. Not on the islands on the west. east, nowhere. Really, this game is good enough to be a real zelda game!

DarkFlameWolf
08-29-2006, 01:05 PM
You first order of business is the Cross which lets you see invisible enemies. If you hit a room with invisible enemies, you went the wrong way. The only exception to this rule is the room where you get the cross in, where there are 3 invisible blue lanmolas and some bubbles. Following that logic, just attempt to walk through walls and if that doesn't work, bomb them to continue on, turning back only when you come up against a room with invisible enemies that you can freely exit from. (if the door shuts behind you and you're trapped in the room with invisible enemies, you're most like in the room where the cross is, just tough it out and beat those invisible lanmolas to claim your prize)

EDIT: For Zelda fan500, you can change directions on the raft to find more islands. Look carefully for formations of rocks in the water to form 'junctions' in which you can alter the raft's direction from there. Level 2 is on Forest Island, super bombs to reach each level can be acquired from shops at Desert Island, Waterfall Island and Snow Island.

pvd
08-29-2006, 01:30 PM
I just found a boomerang of flame... Is this the same why I get to the hidden dungeons by diving under the water?

erm2003
08-29-2006, 02:13 PM
I just found a boomerang of flame... Is this the same why I get to the hidden dungeons by diving under the water?

Some of them, yes. Look for certain patterns in the water and try diving there. This water pattern will show up a few times.

that guy
08-29-2006, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the help.

Pineconn
08-29-2006, 04:51 PM
Hey, you found the fire boomerang? I've searched for that thing forever and had no luck. I thought I read somewhere that it was off the coast of Desert Island... But I dove and never did find it.

zeldafan500
08-29-2006, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the help.

that guy
08-29-2006, 06:15 PM
Okay where is this room where the door closes behind you?

zeldafan500
08-29-2006, 06:42 PM
Just saying isn't it spelled aisle not isle?

erm2003
08-29-2006, 07:11 PM
Aisle as in, "The bride walks down the asile." No.

that guy
09-01-2006, 06:22 AM
Dose anyone know where to find the cross in level 6? I can't find it. I found the master key. I have found a room that seems to have only one exit and four entrances. Please some one help me.

pvd
09-01-2006, 09:59 AM
I have another question. I beat the master dome and got the letter/map. What do I do with it now. The letter/map is not showing up in my inventory either.

I even tried going to the witch on the first island but nothing.

erm2003
09-01-2006, 11:14 AM
pvd... it's the letter, but if you already have a potion you need to use them to see it. Then use the letter in the shop.

that guy
09-01-2006, 03:17 PM
I still can't find the cross in level six can anyone help?

that guy
09-03-2006, 09:17 PM
I found the cross. Dose anyone know how to kill the boss of level six?

DarkFlameWolf
09-03-2006, 10:15 PM
The Patra? Just skill really. You can shoot from afar with arrows or the wand, but be aware that the best time to do so would be when it retracts its 'protective circle'.

firelight
09-03-2006, 10:38 PM
I have almost beaten the game. I finally figured out that the hammer is in level A. I beat the blasted level after about and hour of play and I imediatly saved the game after getting the hammer. The only problem is that now when I start the game I am stuck in a wall or something. Link is invisible and I don't know how to get him out. Can anyone be of help? Thanks -- if there is no solution can the author send me the password for the quest so I can edit the screen link is on and perhaps get him out of where he is stuck... or maybe temporarily make him so he can walk through walls and get him out?

4matsy
09-03-2006, 10:42 PM
Uh, wait...Patra? In a 1.92 quest? <_<

You wouldn't happen to be playing this in 1.92 beta 184, would you? And is it a Patra 2 or 3 (i.e., 2 rings of kids)?

Because 184 has a glitch where the last kid of the inner circle has its vertical position tied to your horizontal position, or something like that.

If I remember right, you have to get into the bottom right corner of the room, and wait for the last kid to get near enough for you to kill it.

Once that's out of the way, the leader should be vulnerable, and no problem to kill; it's just that one kid that's glitched. :p

erm2003
09-03-2006, 11:52 PM
I have almost beaten the game. I finally figured out that the hammer is in level A. I beat the blasted level after about and hour of play and I imediatly saved the game after getting the hammer. The only problem is that now when I start the game I am stuck in a wall or something. Link is invisible and I don't know how to get him out. Can anyone be of help? Thanks -- if there is no solution can the author send me the password for the quest so I can edit the screen link is on and perhaps get him out of where he is stuck... or maybe temporarily make him so he can walk through walls and get him out?

This is actually a game ending bug with this quest. If you didn't play this quest in the correct ZC verison, you will end up running into bugs like this one. There is only one POSSIBLE fix to this. If you go to www.purezc.com and find the most recent version of this quest, the updates DFW made MAY get you out of this jam. Just overwrite your current quest file, open up the quest, and hope that it works. If not, you will unforunately have to start over. Always check the quest info for the version of ZC you are supposed to play it in. There is a reason that info is given to you.

firelight
09-04-2006, 07:07 AM
Crums! I just downloaded the newest version and Link is still missing from the screen. If DarkFlameWolf is out there would you be willing to send me a password to edit the quest to make that particualr screen blank and thus free Link wherever he is stuck...

elise
09-04-2006, 07:32 AM
If you are playing it in 192/184 you can put your quest and save file in 192/183
that will get you out this bug .
If you play it in 210 or 211 you have a problem.
This quest is made to play in 192/183 , you will walk into a few bugs if you play it in another version and this is one of them :shrug:

DarkFlameWolf
09-04-2006, 07:57 AM
The latest version should have the 'Continue Here' box unchecked for Levels A-C. So you no longer start in those dungeons if you save and quit and resume. Now, unless the staff at PureZC didn't UPLOAD my latest version, downloading and overwriting the old version of the quest should fix things.

firelight
09-04-2006, 09:35 AM
I have the quest updated on 8.12.06, but still I continue from the same starting point -- I have 2.1 version of zelda, so I suppose I'm using the wrong one for this quest... bummer. I've began the quest from the beggining and now I'm on level 3 -- it is time comsuming, but a lot less now that I know where most items are -- especially the number two sword :-) -- that took forever to find. Thank you for the help.

zeldafan500
09-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Where is the level2 sword?

firelight
09-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Next to the guy who gives you the level two sword of course :-)

firelight
09-04-2006, 11:49 AM
But seriously... you find it on the isle of waterfalls. Look for the triangle and blow the whistle... I had about 12 hearts when I got it, but you only need five.

pvd
09-05-2006, 03:39 PM
I beat this quest over this weekend thanks to a hurricane. I must say this had to be one of the best zelda games I have ever played.

DarkFlameWolf
09-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Thank you for the compliment. Hopefully Lost Isle when its finally released will please you even more. Feel free to try some of my other quests if you haven't done so already. Just note that most of my quests do tend to lean towards the hard spectrum of difficulty.

that guy
09-06-2006, 10:46 AM
She's not kidding.

dadio
09-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Hey there.. I`m new to the whole "Zelda Classic" thing but I Just thought I`d pop in to say that I`ve played through a few of the quests now & this "Isle of the Winds" quest is *alot* better than the others I`ve played. The game seems well planned.. pleasing use of graphics, nicely laid out overworld, smart dungeon design.. the wind waker-esque rafting in the ocean works wonderfully.. & no bugs so far.. I`m very impressed. Even more so now that I`ve noticed how many quests you have made DarkFlameWolf! You must love Zelda games very much to spend so much time & effort bringing these quests of yours into being!
I`m really looking forward to your next quest "Lost Isle" - do you have a release estimate for it? If you need a beta tester before releasing, I`d be more than happy to try it out.
Now for the negatives: by your own admission, you design these games to be "hard".. which is fair enough considering that I`m sure you want to give *yourself* a challenge when playing your own games (& you`re obviously very skilled at this stage).. I imagine there would be others like you out there who get a thrill out of dodging/slashing screen after screen of bad guys.. but I`d guess that the majority of people would like their games to be alot easier. Your layouts/design are fantastic. but consider reducing the number of enemies on each screen.. & giving the player some time to breathe & explore without constant fear of death. Relaxed exploration is a really important part of Zelda games I think.. & it`s mostly missing from "Isle of the Winds" (it was pure pleasure to wander around the opening island.. but it`s frustrating to explore the other islands because of the sheer amount of bad guys)
Well, I think plenty of people have commented already on the difficulty of your games & you probably aren`t going to change.. but consider the fact that if you made a game with the same quality as "Isle of the Winds" but reduced the difficulty & "eased" the player into it, you would have a *much* bigger & more appreciative audience.
Something else to consider would be releasing a walkthrough.. or at least maps of the game with marks for where things are. This would be a big help to alot of people.
Well, I`m going to get back to playing "Isle of the Winds" now.. it`s very professional & enjoyable, congratulations on creating a solid, believable Zelda world & very best of luck with your current work in progress!

DarkFlameWolf
09-12-2006, 01:05 PM
Well, try some of my other quests, a few of them are a bit easier. Fragments of Power comes to mind with concerns to playing an easy quest. Try Hidden Duality: Director's Cut as well, its a bit harder than Isle of the Winds, but it does ease the player into the quest a lot smoother than Isle of the Winds does. Furthermore, my current quest Lost Isle is a little delayed and we're looking for a Christmas release date, while everyone will probably be busy playing Twilight Princess. Kinda sucks, but it can't be helped. But I can promise you this for Lost Isle, the player will be eased into the quest initially, but at this point, the later parts are harder than Hidden Duality and Isle of the Winds!

dadio
09-12-2006, 08:50 PM
I`ve tried some of your other quests & I`m glad to see that they all have the similar amazing quality! The way I see it, you`re performing a spectacular service to Zelda fans by providing us with whole new Zelda experiences while we wait for the next official release. I`m sorry to hear that "Lost Isle" has been delayed but I`m sure it will be worth the wait! (I`m actually more curious about it than Twilight Princess! - being a big fan of the orginal 2D Zelda games) About the difficulty.. yes I think it`s more important to "ease" the player into it rather than simply reduce the difficulty across the board. Anyway, I`m really very impressed here with what you`ve created.
LttP has always been my personal favourite of the Zelda series, hmm.. I can only imagine how awe inspiring a quest you would make if there was a "LttP Classic".. you really push the "Zelda Classic" program to it`s limits & have mastered the whole "single screen design" thing. Do you design your games out on paper first or how do you go about creating them? I`m very curious & interested to hear any thoughts & tips you have about the best way to make games like this.

vinays84
09-13-2006, 10:01 PM
I'm stuck on the boss of the master dome. Nothing hurts it after all the flies are gone (and theres no extra fly hangin out below like the others)..am I missing something?

Joe123
09-16-2006, 04:56 AM
Im stuck on level 8 >_< I cant seem to find any keys anywhere; ive used the extra four you get in levels 1 2 5 and 7 to get the titans mitt. I got to a room where theres a key, a few Pols Voices, a bubble and some of the monsters that split into green keese that i cant remember the name of. When you kill them all a key appears on the other side of a wall, but I cant seem to reach it whatever I do...

Love For Fire
09-16-2006, 09:09 AM
There's an extra key in levels 1-7. Go get the ones from 3, 5, and 6... or start buying them for 500 each on Volcano Island.

Vinays84, what version are you using? 1.92 b184 has a very weird glitch concerning Patra 2/3 sometimes making one of the kids impossible to kill.

Joe123
09-17-2006, 06:56 AM
Thanks Love For Fire, after having one of my first playthroughs on Zelda 1 going pretty glitchy cause i bought a key, i tend to make it a rule not to get them from shops anymore so i didnt think of doing that :D. Im also a bit stuck on level A, howcome i cant push the eye statue with the stairs underneath it in the first room? :S

Joe123
09-17-2006, 07:07 AM
Ohhhhhh you have to bomb it *slaps self* forget that >_<

DarkFlameWolf
09-17-2006, 08:12 AM
please edit your posts rather than double posting, thank you.

DarkDragon
09-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Could I get some hints about where to find the fire boomerang? I've found many triforce pieces and a minidungeon filled with rupees and a many-headed Gleeok 2, but no sign of the 'brang. Is there a distinctive wave pattern I'm looking for, or do I have to resort to random diving?

erm2003
09-19-2006, 05:32 AM
DD, don't wander too far from Desert Island. You will find it if you search around it.

Love For Fire
09-19-2006, 08:15 AM
The Lens of Trith will help a lot when looking for the Fire Bommerang and secret money underwater.

djdarkx
09-20-2006, 01:43 PM
EDIT
Nevermind, I found it.

Jesse~

Joe123
09-25-2006, 01:34 PM
How do you beat the white cloaked wizzrobes in levels B and C? I can't seem to damage them

DarkFlameWolf
09-25-2006, 03:35 PM
Utilize the mirror shield you find in level B.

YotamElal
10-28-2006, 08:14 AM
Great game, but I'm stuck...
I am in level 2. I got the boomerang and the lantern but I can't find a way to pass the blocks that have cracks in them.

erm2003
10-28-2006, 09:32 AM
Some of the blocks in level 2 can be burned with the lantern, others that are the normal color with cracks need to be bombed.

DarkFlameWolf
10-28-2006, 09:33 AM
not sure what type of blocks you are referring to without more information, but I'm guessing they can only be effected in one of two ways. Either by bombing or using your new candle to burn them.

YotamElal
10-28-2006, 03:14 PM
thank, I got it now.
Before I didn't think the color mattered so I happened to try bombing the yellow ones and the fire on the blue ones. oops... :googly:

YotamElal
11-01-2006, 06:36 AM
This is a very fun game. I past levels 1-4.

I'm stuck on level 5 boss (dragon).
I keep killing more green heads and then they turn into red ones.
I don't know how to kill the red ones, and I can't survive long enough to kill all the green heads. Is there something that I should do, or maybe a secret or strategy that can help me?

DarkFlameWolf
11-01-2006, 07:50 AM
Kill all the green heads, ignore the red heads. (well don't ignore their shots though!)

YotamElal
11-01-2006, 08:58 AM
It's to hard.
Is there any good strategy to kill these heads without dying first?

I have the 2'nd level sword and a blue armor but I keep dying with killing no more then four heads.

DarkFlameWolf
11-01-2006, 04:57 PM
buy a few potions to make it red. Try coming back at it using that. If you're having trouble with this boss, you won't be looking forward to boss of level 8, which is a fire gleeok with many heads,.

YotamElal
11-02-2006, 02:54 AM
Thanks, that red potion trick is very useful.
I am also collecting quarter hearts from the islands.
Soon I will try to face the dragon again...

I by mistake started to play using zelda new ver 2.10 .
Can I somehow move my saves to the old ver 1.83 ?
or can you tell me what to make sure not to do or yes to do in ver 2.10 ?

BTW If you like adventure games, I created an adventure called 'The Quest To Zooloo': http://www.yotamelal.com/shop/userfiles100/Zooloo.asp
and I also have a cool freeware site: http://www.concisefreeware.com/

DarkFlameWolf
11-02-2006, 07:53 AM
There are certain levels called Level A, Level B and Level C. In ver 2.10, I'd suggest NOT to save and quit in those levels. After beating them, get to either another 'main' dungeon entrance, or back to Town Island and save and quit from there. Otherwise the continue bug will most likely strike.

YotamElal
11-03-2006, 04:05 AM
I've left the dragon boss for now, exploring the world for heart pieces and special items. I tried to beat the dungeon under the stone pillar with the 3 creatures that ask for food. I keep dying in the rooms that are filled with blue ghost wizards.

Where can I find a better armor, and where can I find a better sword. I need to be stronger to beat this dungeon and the green dragon...

Also I can't seem to find the third pillar dungeon... I found the one that I am stuck on which you use the flute to get in. I found the one that you need the chain to get across to it and then a super bomb (but there I need a hammer to continue). and I tried searching but where is the 3rd stone dungeon?

YotamElal
11-04-2006, 09:51 AM
I beat the dragon using a blue potion... didn't think of using it before :D
I found the third pillar but also there I need a hammer, I will go back to the blue wizards pillar later, when I am stronger.

I found the 3rd level sword but I need a 2nd level glove for it...

I'll be heading on to level 6 now... thanks.

YotamElal
11-04-2006, 10:34 AM
HELPPP!

What am I supposed to do in level 6?
One way I go and find invisible soldiers with blocks that have to be popped down to get past. The other way I get to a room that seems empty and when I try to go to the door underneath I almost immediately die from a very powerful invisible monster. I tried even using the red potion to get across that room but it kills me to fast...

I have the compass and some keys but I am really stuck, not knowing where to go.

DarkFlameWolf
11-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Here's a trick, keep following the visible monster path. Meaning, go through the dungeon room by room, and if you come across a room with invisible enemies, you went the WRONG WAY. So work your way up and right constantly. If you can't find a door, bomb or walk through walls to get there. But whenever you come across invisible enemies, turn around and try another route. Follow the trail of visible enemies until you hit a room with 4 blue wizzrobes and some traps, that's when you know you went the right way! Look carefully on the ground for some floor mismatched tiles, bomb where the floor is different. Enter the stairs and enter the next room over when you reappear. NOW YOU WILL be facing some invisible lanmolas for the Cross, so don't be worried about that, its inevitable. So the lanmolas should be the only invisible enemies you have to face as a requirement for the Cross. Hope that helped.

YotamElal
11-06-2006, 02:10 PM
Sorry for asking for so much help, it's not an easy game...

1. Ive searched in the sea all around desert island (level 7), but I can't find the fire boomerang.

2. What am I supposed to do with the witch.

3. I'm in level 7. I got the boots and the silver arrow. I got to a room with red wizrobees and a gap and then spikey floor. I blew the wistle to find stair on the other side but I can't get across. I don't know where else to go.

DarkFlameWolf
11-06-2006, 02:25 PM
1) not that you need the fire boomerang, :P But to narrow down your search, its in the north western portion of the seas around desert island.
2) You won't find out until after the Master Dome, so don't worry about it.
3) Use your lens.

DarkFlameWolf
11-06-2006, 02:25 PM
1) not that you need the fire boomerang, :P But to narrow down your search, its in the north western portion of the seas around desert island.
2) You won't find out until after the Master Dome, so don't worry about it.
3) Use your lens.

YotamElal
11-06-2006, 03:49 PM
I can't find the fire boomerang, I search the north west portion of the sea near desert island and I used up almost all my magic using the magic lens and diving everywhere... I need another hint...

YotamElal
11-07-2006, 05:03 AM
1. I've been searching so much for this fire boomerang but I can't find it.
2. I'm totally lost in level 7, I have no idea where to go.
3. I've been trying to find a quarter heart piece in the seas but i can't find any of the four, I try around the mermaid statues and around the small eye statues, I also try to use my lens, but I can't find them.

please....

DarkFlameWolf
11-07-2006, 10:36 AM
1) From the lower left dock on Desert Island, go up two screens, left one screen, up one screen, its in the waters there.
2) Its hard to explain to you what to do in that level if I don't know where you are stuck at. So I'm going to give some general hints: Level 7 is named Gemini for a reason. There are two sides to the dungeon, almost like twins, and each section is the same as the other except for slight differences. These slight differences MEAN EVERYTHING! A shooting fireball statue in one side, would not be there in the same room on the other side. So you'd probably have to push it out of the way on the side that isn't firing at you. One side has a doorway, but the other has a solid wall that you must bomb to make that doorway. Its all about checking one side, and seeing if its any difference from the exact room on the other side and exploiting that difference.
3) There are four sections of water that have waves VERY CLOSE together in a cross formation. You dive in the middle of this cross-section of waves to enter the mini-dungeons. There are two close together by the lower right of waterfall island. (but not in the paletted waterfall island area, the map title should read 'Big Ocean.' Just telling you those are near the lower right of waterfall island.) By recognizing what they look like, it'll be easier to find the remaining ones.

YotamElal
11-08-2006, 05:03 AM
1) thanks, I got it... (it's actually very useful)
2) I didn't get to doing this yet, but the idea of seeing whats different between both sides is exactly what I didn't get...
3) I beat 3 of the underwater dungeons, but I got stuck at the one with the lava and the unlit candle. I tried lighting it and blowing the whistle but I couldn't figure out what to do.
4) HELP!!! I just beat the boss of level C and now I am stuck in a room with a treasure inside it (with the red cloak) and I need a hammer to get past but I have no hammer...? Do I need to restart from my last save, or is there a trick to getting past those weird popup creatures. I was in the room with the white wizrobees but I didn't know how to kill them. I tried having them hit the mirrors that were there but their fire magic didn't harm them! I don't know how to kill them and I assume that i am supposed to get the hammer there.

BTW did you try 'The Quest to Zooloo' ?

DarkFlameWolf
11-08-2006, 08:16 AM
1) ok!
2) I don't think I can explain it to you better than I already have. Just think of duality between the two sides and you're exploiting differences between the two.
3) You'll need the magic book from level 8 and your wand to solve that one.
4) stuck? What version of ZC are you using? If its anything above beta 183 (like 2.10 or something) you'll have to restart from your last save, don't quit and save in any of the lettered dungeons, go to Town Island or enter one of the main 1-9 dungeons and save there. The white wizzrobes in level C are nothing except guardians of 200 rupees for which you need the mirror shield to kill them. Mirrorshield is in level B, which can only be accessed by having a hammer which is in Level A.

YotamElal
11-10-2006, 06:20 AM
2. I didn't explain myself well, I meant that is exactly the help that I needed, it is exactly what I didn't understand to solve level 7... (Now that I have a red armor, a hammer and a mirror shield, I'm ready for level 7!)
3. I didn't get stuck in a wall or something... After beating the boss I needed a hammer to get the red armor and exit the dungeon, but I didn't have a hammer (seems like a bug on your side, you should add some sort of block before the boss that lets you enter only when you already have the hammer).
4. I beat level A, B & C but I couldn't find a red ring, only a red armor.

YotamElal
11-10-2006, 07:05 AM
5. I need the Master Key... I am in level 8 and I don't want to go searching for missing keys from the other levels. Where can I find the Master Key?
6. Will I get the second level glove in level 8 or did I miss it somewhere?

BTW Did you make the music? (It's Great!)

DarkFlameWolf
11-10-2006, 08:59 AM
5) You must finish the entirety of the Master Dome near Goron Isle to get the letter, then TAKE that letter to the witch and then pay 950 rupees for the master key. If that's too much for you, you can get spare keys in two places: One is the shop on volcano island for 500 rupees a key OR you can borrow spare keys from the Master Dome, but that'll prevent you from finishing the Master Dome unless you buy some spare keys for 500 to complete it. Up to you.
6) The second glove is in level 8.

YotamElal
11-10-2006, 10:43 AM
You missed the post before that: 2-4.

YotamElal
11-13-2006, 06:47 AM
1. I beat level 8. How do I stop the winds? I got into level 9 but I don't know have to pass through the 3rd room?

2. I still have a missing item in the items. Is it the letter/the master key?

DarkFlameWolf
11-13-2006, 08:08 AM
1) By entering level 9, you already stopped the winds. As for that third room, feed the statue.

2) Probably both, the letter from the Master Dome, the magic key from the witch.

YotamElal
11-14-2006, 04:12 AM
I am in level 9. I found many keys and I found the boss room. But where is the boss key (I thought I found it but either I didn't save or I have to kill the tornado wizrobees to open the boss door).
Please tell me where it is...

DarkFlameWolf
11-14-2006, 08:33 AM
Upper right corner of the main portion of the dungeon, through a walk-thru wall. Must destroy a few mirror robes to get it. Let the robes do the work for you and your mirror shield.

YotamElal
11-15-2006, 04:25 AM
Yey! I beat the game!
Thanks, it was awesome.

DarkFlameWolf
11-15-2006, 08:32 AM
Welcome, hope you stay tuned for Lost Isle. :)

Franky
11-16-2006, 11:06 AM
Hey players,

is there anybody, who can send me a save file using version 2.10. I trapped into the the savebug, and now I read the thread here.

Sorry, level A got the hammer.
Thanks Franky

nindavs
08-25-2008, 10:51 PM
Hi Pinnecon! It's been the second time i've tried playing ur quest. But i got stuck (again) in the cave after i got the hammer (what a long journey! :eek:) and when i save or die and tred to continue, i found myself in the room where i got the hammer but there was no link! :( what should i do? the first time this happened i deleted the game and played it all over again. I learned my lesson to save before i enteredthe cave. But after i got the hammer for the second time and i died, i got stuck again. Should i replay it all over again? Guess i mustn't die until i got to level 7 (which will be a very hard effort, then). Please help me ... Thanks a lot for all :)

Pineconn
08-25-2008, 11:24 PM
Uh........ something is wrong. DFW made Isle of the Winds (and more), I made Link to the Heavens (and another). I think you might be referring to the infamous playing-IotW-in-2.10 bug.

DarkFlameWolf
08-27-2008, 06:52 AM
Which I don't know how to fix since I've made sure in the quest that the starting position was all fixed, etc. etc. So 2.10 just hates that level.

Falvern57
12-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Where is the cross in Level 6? I've searched every room on the map that I could reach without passing through the rooms invisible enemies in them which only leaves the top left corner of the map, bottom right corner, and the 3 rightmost rooms in the top right corner. I've walked through several walls and bombed every wall possible, pushed every block, and killed every enemy in every room. As far as I know, I have left no stone unturned(I've found 5 keys in total) so what do I keep over looking?

DarkFlameWolf
12-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Go to the upper right where there is a room with 4 blue wizzrobes. Take a look at the floor tiling. See anything different? Spot the difference in the floor texture and bomb it.

DarkFlameWolf
12-13-2008, 09:35 AM
Falvern, did you ever figure that room out with the blue wizzrobes? Like to know you completed it man! :D