PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Adventure ZC

Zelda_Warrior
08-19-2006, 12:47 AM
This is just a Sonic game i've been working on... The graphics have been a real pain for me but i've been working on this in my spare time.

This is a messy beta, Marble Garden act 2 is missing, so is Gene Gadget's boss, and some other stuff, its just to show you what to expect in the full version.

I have to go so i'll just give you a link.

READ THE README! This uses it's own .sfx file so if you don't know how to use it read the readme it will tell you. It'll also tell you some other useful stuff. Also, this is a beta so any comments are welcome, and for me bad comments are better than good comments so I know what to change, so don't feel mean by giving it a bad comment.

To download it right click on the link and click on save target as, then extract it to wherever.

It's for 2.10 just so you know, and these are hosted on filespace.

LINKS:

RAR version
http://www.filespace.org/users/God_Of_Pso/Sonic_Adventure_ZC..rar
Size: 1,358Kb

ZiP Version
http://fast.filespace.org/God_Of_Pso/Sonic_Adventure_ZC.zip.
Size: 1,364Kb

Freedom
08-19-2006, 01:27 AM
A lot of people aren't set up to open rar files, how about one in zip?

Also you didn't say what version this is for. ;)

Zelda_Warrior
08-19-2006, 12:50 PM
oh i forgot to say some of the stuff... the version is in the readme though, but its for 2.10, and like freedom asked i guess ill make a zip version, ill post a zip form in a bit

i used to always use zips but then someone complained, so i used rar for a while now i guess ill just use both when i release stuff.

Also i really seem stuck on what to do... If anybody that reads this ever got to starlight zone on sonic 1 i would like your help...

http://fast.filespace.org/God_Of_Pso/Screen_167.bmp

thats starlight zone in the editor and the screen seems really empty. I think the backdrop I made looks really good in the screen thats 1 above the one in the picture, but without it the screen looks real bland. I made the buildings and the red light thats in sonic 1, but i cant think of any objects i could remake in ZC that are in sonic 1 and i dont have a cartridge at the moment (its lost) and while using an old video card (VERY OLD... ZC at barely 30 fps) i cant emulate it so does anybody know any objects they can describe here that are in the game, i dont want to make some stuff that isnt in sonic 1 im trying to make it look right. Also, if anybody thinks its fine as it is just say so.

also if you notice you cant move in the first screen on starlight zone this is intentional, thats the end of the short beta, im going to make the zones larger later

also sorry for the long post but if i disable 'continue here' on all the maps will that make it so the game is playable in one go? There are no triforce pieces or really any special items except heart containers, so even if you save and restart your still at the beginning. Because itll make it more like sonic 1 plus itll be rather short even when its completed, so it would be better if it could only be completed in 1 sitting.

beefster09
08-19-2006, 03:36 PM
And I bet you made it from the classic set. You should use a better tileset.
You can find them at http://www.purezc.com/
I know for sure that there are a couple of good Sonic tilesets there.

Zelda_Warrior
08-19-2006, 03:42 PM
i dont need a better tileset. this is almost all completely custom tiles and the pallettes dont matter because i can just make them suit my needs

and anyways you can only tell because in the tileset list you can see a part of the lockblock

this is tobias daboi's tileset only i have been working on it, so technically its not classic tiles

and i know where theres tiles i just choose not to use them

in fact tobias dabois tileset is off of purezc

and there are no tilesets for sonic on purezc i checked again, tobias dabois tiles arent even there anymore it seems =(

im using tobias dabois tileset because it dosent use classics limited pallette, they made some very flexible pallettes already, i made the whole game in 1 colorset without even using the + and - keys, and no number keys. (Minus the enemy tiles)