PDA

View Full Version : Just 3 lens questions...

beefster09
08-18-2006, 11:23 PM
1.How can you make a puzzle that requires the lens?

2.Is there a way to make a shadow temple type dungeon?

3.Would you recommend the lens in L5, even with lens hints turned off?

The_Amaster
08-18-2006, 11:37 PM
All I know about the lens is that it reveals secrets. I presume, if in the secrets panel, you set say, a floor tile to 16, and than place the flags on blocks in the room, activating the lens will activate the floors and let you pass. I've never tested it, though.

Zelda_Warrior
08-19-2006, 05:18 PM
the lens lets you see flags. Let's say you have a bush in the forest that looks odd. the player uses the lens to see if they can burn it and it turns white. that means a burn flag is there. Using the lens dosent let you walk over paths, but if you have a screen completely black in a dungeon with a hidden path and use the lens im sure that will work too. (And for the tiles not part of the path make them 'stair's so it makes the player pretty much need the lens to continue)

ECNM
08-19-2006, 08:54 PM
I'm not sure if this would work, but you could have put flag 16 (without any secrets in the room) on an overhead combo that looks like a wall for the Shadow Temple type thing.

fopo3141
10-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Some comments on the lens:

1. The lens has a specific flag which does nothing other than flash when you use the lens. It's flag 14 (I think) and it's called "Lens marker flag."

2. You could make a puzzle with pit combos and then make a path out of walkable combos that look exactly like the pit combo. Then put lens marker flags over the path. You could do a similar thing with the fake wall, make a walkable wall combo and then put lens marker flags over them.