PDA

View Full Version : Map carry overs

The_Amaster
08-18-2006, 08:07 PM
If I have a dungeon with multiple floors, how do I make it so when on the respective floor, the d-map in the subscreen is proper.
PS: My current theroy is to make each floor it's own D-map, and put them all at the same level. Is this correct?

Rulehy
08-19-2006, 12:07 PM
Close. Your idea would work, but to make it easyer, have it all on one Dmap.
Just nicely place how the warps are from floor to floor.

erm2003
08-20-2006, 04:35 AM
But if you want the level map to be different for each floor, then you will need to use different dmaps unless the entire level can fit in an 8x8 grid. If that is the case you could opt to use just one level map instead.

The_Amaster
08-20-2006, 09:54 AM
Wait...So I should make each floor on it's own dmap, and all on 1 level. Or make them on their own dmap, and on own levels. (but then, wouldn't you have to re-get the map every floor)(When we say level, were both talking about the number set in the Dmap screen right?)

4matsy
08-20-2006, 09:48 PM
If all the floors can fit in one 8x8 area, you can use one dmap for the whole dungeon, but you'll only be able to get one map item.

If the dungeon is bigger than 8x8, you'll have to use multiple dmaps. Probably one for each floor (depends on how many floors you can fit into each 8x8 area, but one dmap per floor is "cleanest").

If you want one map item for the whole dungeon, use only one level number for the entire dungeon.

If you want the player to have to get a new map item on every floor, then make each floor a different level number. (In this case you'd have to make each floor a different dmap as well.)

There. Hope that cleared everything up. :p