PDA

View Full Version : wind waker baton!

migokalle
08-18-2006, 05:08 PM
:) well... i need a wind waker baton instead of an ocarina... anyone got this?! for DoR?! and one more thing.... i also need a boat to replace with the flippers... so it looks like link is on king of the red lions instead of swimming....
also for DoR...:) thank you in advance!

(now that i did say thank you, you have to help!:D )

Imprisoned
10-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Well, you can always draw the sprites different.

Go to the sprites and open the flippers picture, and draw a KoRL there. And when you want Link to look like on KoRL draw the swimming Link tiles to look like Link on KoRL.

Also you can turn the ocarina into a baton. But I don't think you can use it just like in WW...

The_Amaster
10-21-2006, 05:05 PM
You cant. But we figure, it plays music, it uses wind to warp you around, it activates secrets...It's wind waker-ish

C-Dawg
10-26-2006, 03:24 PM
You cant. But we figure, it plays music, it uses wind to warp you around, it activates secrets...It's wind waker-ish

What? Sure you can.

Set the Wind Waker to a whistle. When it is used, have link's current location and screen stored in a global variable and take him to a special wind waker close up screen.

This screen asks for his directional input. Layer 3 and above tell the player to tap up, down, left, or right. On Layer 0, Link is actually just walking into direct warp A, B, C, or D. Set up your warps so that, after three directions are inputted, Link arrives at a screen demonstrating the combination he just did. Three is a managable number of screens to use ( 4 choices * 3 times = 12 possibilites). Depending on the resulting screen, load a particular number into a second global variable via an FFC script.

Then return Link to the screen he came from, using the first global variables you stored. Have the normal screen then check if the right WW tune was conducted (if the right global variable value is in place) and if so, have the FFC script activate something.

thepunkguy
12-20-2006, 01:49 AM
hey ive got an even better idea. expand the raft path or somthing like that. because its kinda harder to control than just swiming. because it kinda looks like the korl is being pushed by the wind it may not work somtime probly because there is not enuff room to move so link will get stuck. or something like that