PDA

View Full Version : Turnig or disabling abei smoke effect animations

ch33zer
08-17-2006, 03:28 PM
In one of my houses (the house is located on a dungeon map), I have Abei giving some information and bombs. I put warp tiles in front of his "desk" (2 non-walkable docks :) that take you to an identical room. the problem is that when you enter the room (via the warp tiles) you see him flash in through the smoke. there are no animations that I know of. someone please help me disable this effect.

Note: you may not have noticed the smoke effects, it happens whenever you enter a cave.

Pineconn
08-17-2006, 03:58 PM
The guy poof animation is the same as the enemy spawn animation. You can go to Quest -> Graphics -> Sprites -> Weapons/Misc. The animation is "MISC: Spawn". You can set the tiles for that to empty ones and it will get rid of the smoke.

HOWEVER, this will also get rid of the enemy poof animation. Enemies will now just appear on screen instead of using that animation. Generally, it's better for enemies to use it so that you know where they appear before they actually do. With no animation, they will appear slightly after the screen loads and Link may accidentally get hit by one. With the animation, you'll know to avoid that spot.

Your choice.

erm2003
08-17-2006, 04:09 PM
What version are you using? There is a rule called No Guy Poof that gets rid of this as well, but I believe it's only available on the ZC 2.11 betas.

ch33zer
08-17-2006, 04:18 PM
Yeah, I'm usin 2.10 and it's not there. thanks for the anwser Pineconn and erm. that really helps.