PDA

View Full Version : Snakes On A Motherf***ing Plane. Tonight!!1

War Lord
08-17-2006, 02:37 PM
http://www.iwatchstuff.com/images/2006/03/snakes-on-a-plane-logo.jpg

Today, one of the greatest movies of our time starts be showing. Dont' let America down. Go see it.

I already got tickets for a 10pm EST showing.
I'm so excited I have pissed myself twice.

Archibaldo
08-17-2006, 02:40 PM
Seriously, an instant cult classic must be seen on opening night. All the cool people are doing it.

DarkDragon
08-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Already have tickets ;)

moocow
08-17-2006, 02:57 PM
...Wow.

goKi
08-17-2006, 02:59 PM
Still a few more days until release down here. Unfortunately.

War Lord
08-17-2006, 03:15 PM
I feel so bad for you.
If that were the case here, I'd explode.

goKi
08-17-2006, 03:22 PM
Jarrod, you need to take a camera to the opening, and feed it to me live. I don't care how. And if people in the theatre are making noise, you have to kill them. I don't want to miss a second.

Samson007
08-17-2006, 03:36 PM
I know im seeing it. I mean, its got snakes, a plane.........Samuel L Jackson............how could it NOT be great!?

AtmaWeapon
08-17-2006, 07:38 PM
I'll see it one day. I hope directors take notes on how much effort you can surpass by making an internet meme out of your film. Perhaps I'll see it this weekend but I'm pretty sure there's other movies the missus would like to see and I can't imagine getting in to this film being easy as there will be plenty of people there to record catchphrases for eternity. I'll just wait until the crowd dies down as I always do :)

Cloral
08-17-2006, 08:09 PM
Hey, when they fly over your office with a plane pulling a banner advertising the movie, you know its got to be good.

On an off note, I've seen 4 of those ad planes in the last 2 weeks. Before that, I hadn't seen any in years. Is there some sort of resurgance of that style of advertising?

MottZilla
08-17-2006, 10:55 PM
I saw him on some show on TV talking about the movie. I'll want to see it (not nessisarily in the theater) cause he's an awesome actor.

War Lord
08-18-2006, 01:14 AM
Watched it.
Awesome.
First time in a theater I've ever witnessed so much cheering and clapping, and even standing ovation clapping.

Was a really good movie, can't wait to watch it again tomorrow night.
I can't wait to see opening weekend numbers.

Samson007
08-18-2006, 01:16 AM
OH......MY.......GOD!

Snakes on a Plane was by far the most fun I have had at the movies this year. And I see a movie every week!

Im with War Lord. NEVER have I seen so much enthusiasm at a movie like that. It was a frickin blast! The only problem is that the reason it was so much fun was the crowd. If you wait until it comes out on DVD or wait too long to see it in the theatres, you wont get the full effect of the Snakes on a Plane!!!!!

Tygore
08-18-2006, 02:26 AM
Just got back myself. The crowd was fantastic, and of course all in unison with Samuel L Jackson's "I've had it with these Muthaf***ing snakes on this Muthaf***ing plane!"

Starkist
08-19-2006, 03:11 AM
I went to the theatre and saw a movie that truly lived up to its title. There were snakes. They were on a plane. A fun time was had by all. :)

AtmaWeapon
08-20-2006, 08:55 PM
If you went to see an A+++ blockbuster film: 6 out of 10.

If you went to see a B-grade film: 15 out of 10.

If you went to see a horror flick: 10 out of 10.

I mean there are some pretty big plot problems I have with the film but it's not exactly like I went to the theatre expecting to see "The Lion King" on broadway or something fantastic. I'm pretty glad the crowd wasn't as enthusiastic as the crowds you guys were describing because I paid good money to hear Samuel L. Jackson use coarse language and I don't want to hear some group of 13-year-olds attempting to sound as awesome.

It was an excellent horror flick but I probably won't pick up the DVD. I had a great time watching the film but I honestly can't understand the bubbling praise about the movie. It delivered exactly what I expected though, which earns it very high marks because few films are able to do that.

Love For Fire
08-21-2006, 12:09 AM
I saw it on opening day. Best movie I've seen all summer. You got snakes, a plane, and Samuel L. Jackson. It's a secret formula for instant success. Let's now hope they don't try to do something stupid like make a sequel...

DarkDragon
08-21-2006, 02:17 AM
I saw it on opening day. Best movie I've seen all summer. You got snakes, a plane, and Samuel L. Jackson. It's a secret formula for instant success. Let's now hope they don't try to do something stupid like make a sequel...

Snakes on a Train?

Ich
08-21-2006, 02:59 AM

At the MTV Movie Awards, Samuel L. Jackson said "I'm here tonight to present the award everyone's been waiting for: best movie. Now, this award holds a special place in my heart because next year I'll be winning it for Snakes on a Plane. Now I know, I know that sounds cocky, but I don't give a damn. I am guaranteeing that Snakes on a Plane will win best movie next year. Does not matter what else is coming out. The New James Bond... no snakes in that! Ocean's 13... where my snakes at? Shrek the Third... green, but not a snake. No movie shall triumph over Snakes on a Plane. Unless I happen to feel like making a movie called Mo' Muthafuckin' Snakes on Mo' Muthafuckin' Planes."

I can't wait to see it.

Love For Fire
08-21-2006, 09:42 AM
Snakes on a Train?

Actually, Snakes on a Train I heard was a B-horror movie that was released straight to DVD 3 days before the opening of Snakes on a Plane.

Starkist
08-21-2006, 01:07 PM
If Snakes On A Plane was already a B-movie, then wouldn't that make a direct-to-DVD copycat at least a C-movie, if not a D-movie? :)

punkonjunk1024
08-21-2006, 10:43 PM
WHY THE FUCK DOES EVERYONE CARE ABOUT THIS MOVIE?
Can someone link to a trailer, please? I havent' seen one commercial. It doesn't sound that funny, and I'm sick of hearing quotes from it.

Just got back myself. The crowd was fantastic, and of course all in unison with Samuel L Jackson's "I've had it with these Muthaf***ing snakes on this Muthaf***ing plane!"
That right there... I'd kill myself. I hate that shit so bad.

AtmaWeapon
08-21-2006, 11:32 PM
...Here's the deal with Snakes on a Plane as I remember it. Read the wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snakes_on_a_plane) for a more detailed account from nerds more devoted to the cause.

Some time before the summer came, I saw a link to an interesting IMDB entry. The name of the film was "Snakes on a Plane" and didn't really register as an event to me because that's a pretty normal name for a cruddy B-movie film. What made the entry link-worthy was the name of the lead actor: Samuel L. Jackson.

I don't know why, or how, but suddenly people decided this was going to be the greatest movie ever. It's probably the concept of a high-value actor in a low-value film that got it started. Either way, it became a meme and approached annoying proportions surprisingly fast. The studio responded by taking the movie more seriously and adding more content, some of it inspired by the rabid internet fan base.

So if words aren't your forte here's the synopsis: The movie was a concept internet nerds found funny Said internet nerds beat it until mass spectrography was necessary to identify the remains as a horse Movie took advantage of fan base and added fan service Internet nerds faithfully watched the movie multiple times and, surprisingly, did not change their predetermined evaluation of "best movie ever".In all honesty it is an OK movie and it has some pretty funny moments. However, if you're like me and you don't like crowd shenanigans you may want to just put this one in your Netflix queue or get it from Blockbuster or get someone in China to bootleg it for you.

goKi
08-24-2006, 12:45 AM
I just got back from seeing Snakes on a Plane. I actually did like it.

Arth99
08-24-2006, 07:40 AM
Even though there are mixed feelings, I haven't seen it.. It sounded a bit lame on the ad I saw. "Are you claustrophobic?" "Are you --phobic?"
Kinda like that.. It didn't sound too exciting..

goKi
08-24-2006, 07:11 PM
That movie has an impact on your life. This morning, i checked the toilet for snakes.

KJAZZ
08-24-2006, 10:33 PM
Heh. I saw the movie last tuesday night with a few friends. Overall, we agreed it was a pretty decent movie, however the ending left something to be desired..

biggiy05
08-29-2006, 08:20 PM
Heh. I saw the movie last tuesday night with a few friends. Overall, we agreed it was a pretty decent movie, however the ending left something to be desired..

Saw it with my mom a few hours ago and I agree with KJAZZ. It was a good movie but overall it wasn't as good as I was expecting.