PDA

View Full Version : Saving in NeoFirst:

ShadowTiger
08-16-2006, 04:35 PM
Okay, after a few people have expressed their concerns about the save system in NeoFirst, I've decided to leave it up to you. Remember though, NeoFirst is an exhibition quest. It'll exhibition all of 2.11's new features. Thus, keep it "complex," and "interesting."

However, there's a conflict here. NeoFirst -WILL- be using Save Points, but there are two methods of using these Save Points. I'll list them both.

Skip Continue Screen Off - If this quest rule is off for NeoFirst, whenever you save at a save point, it's marked as your last known location. It's an automatic "Continue Here." If you die and choose to continue, you'll continue there with whatever you had when you died.
Skip Continue Screen On - If this quest rule is on for NeoFirst, whenever you save at a save point, all of your progress is saved. Everything. If you die, you revert to the point in the game when you had last saved, and nothing you have accomplished afterwards was recorded, so you'll have to do it all over again.

So naturally, you can see the conflict there. Which would you prefer?

EDIT: If you cannot vote in this poll, please log in.

If you still cannot vote in the poll, then the devs forgot to check a box or something when they made this forum. :p

CJC
08-16-2006, 04:51 PM
Skip continue screen On. It allows for avoiding any complicated continuing problems that could be encountered during multiwarping or being on a special floor of a dungeon (Like the Fire/Ice dungeon).

Shoelace
08-16-2006, 04:54 PM
I am the one that keep urging you to turn off the skip continue screen. Because even though it was my level I still die in it. And everytime I had to do since the last save, I had to do again. I thought it was annoying and made me want to stop playing. And that was my own level. I am thinking when the game gets harder this will get even more annoying.

So I vote Skip Continue Screen should be off.

Also, I don't see how there should be continue problems it it was off. If you played HoD, I do things like that and I never had continue problems.

ShadowTiger
08-16-2006, 05:01 PM
That'd probably be because I'm paranoid about such a thing, and place every Link Start Position I can find in the middle of the screen, rather than keep them in the corner for screens Link will never be warped to. Every single screen. Link will probably never be subject to a continue error, and if he is, that's why we're all playing it to find them. :p

ShadowTiger
08-20-2006, 12:05 PM
Only three votes? Can I get more opinions from you guys? You're the ones it'll be affecting, so...

Sir_Johnamus
08-20-2006, 06:16 PM
I vote it off.
It will give it more of a...
RPG feeling.
It would also make continue bugs less likely.

Michael729
08-20-2006, 06:45 PM
In all honesty, if you're going to use save points, unless there's a point in the game that you can not return from, just turn on the skip continue screen rule.

SeirraMist
08-20-2006, 06:49 PM
On, as it actually gives somewhat of a penalty for dieing, and makes it a tad bit harder :D

Nicholas Steel
08-20-2006, 09:18 PM
Skip Continue Screen Off - If this quest rule is off for NeoFirst, whenever you save at a save point, it's marked as your last known location. It's an automatic "Continue Here." If you die and choose to continue, you'll continue there with whatever you had when you died.
Skip Continue Screen On - If this quest rule is on for NeoFirst, whenever you save at a save point, all of your progress is saved. Everything. If you die, you revert to the point in the game when you had last saved, and nothing you have accomplished afterwards was recorded, so you'll have to do it all over again.sorry for dragging this off topic... but, i thought the "Skip Continue Screen On" meant that when you physicaly die you don't see the "continue, save, quit" screen... and with the rule off you do see that screen... i did not know that it affects save points, as such is it a bug that it affects save points?

Pineconn
08-20-2006, 10:59 PM
Meh, off. I don't like how you lose your data since the last save point. :sweat: