PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Slash

SpacemanDan
08-14-2006, 06:51 PM
Something very minor, but how about the option to change which style of slash you use? (GB style, or that other style that I'm not sure exactly what it's called, but it's not the GameBoy version and it was used in 2.10, or any other style that may come up)Whew...:googly:
I personally prefer the slash used in 2.10, but that's my opinion.

Sorry if this seems completely pointless.

_L_
08-14-2006, 11:43 PM
What, you mean like:

* 90 Left-handed slash
* 90 Right-handed slash
* 180 Left-handed slash
* 180 Right-handed slash

SpacemanDan
08-16-2006, 12:10 PM
Yeah, that too. And the style they are using right now, where it looks similar to the GB games where the sword is further out, and the style they used in 2.10, where the blade was only visible. (And anything else that may come up...)

Freedom
08-16-2006, 12:46 PM
I still don't understand why you just don't go into tiles and slide the slash tiles over to fit Links hand in your game. ;)

SpacemanDan
08-16-2006, 02:07 PM
I still don't understand why you just don't go into tiles and slide the slash tiles over to fit Links hand in your game. ;)
I'm trying, but I've noticed something ELSE that's a bit odd. Link tends to jump a bit. I'm not posting it as a bug, 'cause it may also be part of the GB slash style. (Havn't played the GB ones in a while...:) )

To sum it up, take it like the "Master Subscreen" thing, in 2.11b10. Instead, you would have different styles, like "Gameboy 90 Degrees, Gameboy 180 Degrees, Z3 style(Having more frames than the GB ones, unless that also goes for when you use Z3 style animations in the Link menu...), 2.10 90 Degrees, 2.10 180 Degerees, (for lack of a better term...) ect...
I'm sure more will come, but if not, then...yeah...

Sorry if my previous post was vague on what I ment...
THIS is what I ment to say, though.;)

Freedom
08-16-2006, 02:19 PM
I wouldn't call it a "jump" per say.
Link steps forward when he uses the sword, same applies to hookshot etc.
I guess depending on what Link tiles you are using, and be it big link or small Link, what style, and animation type, like 2 frame or BS animation....
There are a lot of varibles, basically you're just going to have to set Link up for your individual quest.
So trying to set up a "master subscreen" type thing to take into account all the different styles and sizes of Link people use would be difficult at best I would think.

SpacemanDan
08-17-2006, 02:32 PM
Okay. It was only a thought.

But as for "fitting" the sword, it works for when you have slash, but when you use stab, it dosn't look right. (My quest starts with stab, then you learn slash... so it causes a problem for me. I'll just stick with stab. :))