PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Classic 2.11 Beta 12

Dark Nation
08-14-2006, 08:43 AM
Get it here:

Windows:
Zelda Classic 2.11 beta 12d for Windows (programs only) (http://darknation.armageddongames.net/zc/zc211b12w-d.zip) - Unzip this into your zc beta folder.
Zelda Classic 2.11 beta 12d for Windows Support Files (http://darknation.armageddongames.net/zc/zc211b12ws-b.zip) - Unzip this into your zc beta folder, too.
Allegro 4.2 DLL for Windows (http://darknation.armageddongames.net/zc/alleg42.zip) - Just to be safe, unzip this into your zc beta folder, as well.

Linux: Not available yet

OS X:
Zelda Classic 2.11 beta 12d for OS X 10.3.8 and older (Complete) (http://knj.randomskk.net/zc/ZC-O-b12d.tar.bz2)
Zelda Classic 2.11 beta 12d for OS X 10.3.9 and newer (Complete) (http://knj.randomskk.net/zc/ZC-N-b12d.tar.bz2)

ZC Beta 12 list:
Mostly bugfixes from beta 11. (I'll try to compile a complete list later on), but here are a few new additions and explainations for some of the older new enemies (in code tags to keep things aligned).

Tile (old): The tile that is used if the New Enemy Tiles quest rule is not turned on.
Tile (new): The tile that is used if the New Enemy Tiles quest rule is turned on.
Rows: Rows of tiles used by the new enemy tiles.
HP: How many hit points the enemy has.
CSet: The CSet the enemy uses.
Melee Power: How much damage the enemy does by touching you.
Weapon Power: How much damage the enemy's weapon does to you.

For comparison, the Octorok (L1, Slow) has a 1 for HP, Melee Power, and Weapon Power.

Goriya (L3)
Tile (old): 130
Tile (new): 8480
Rows: 3
HP: 9
CSet: 9
Melee Power: 4
Weapon Power: 4

Leever (L3)
Tile (old): 96
Tile (new): 8540
HP: 8
Weapon Power: 2

Octorok (L3, Slow)
Tile (old): 92
Tile (new): 8600
HP: 4
CSet: 8
Melee Power: 2

Octorok (L3, Fast)
Tile (new): 8660

Octorok (L4, Slow)
Tile (new): 8720
HP: 10
Melee Power: 6
Weapon Power: 6

Octorok (L4, Fast)
Tile (new): 8780
HP: 10
Melee Power: 6
Weapon Power: 6

Summoner
Tile (old): 169
Tile (new): 9140
Weapon Power: 8

Shooter (Magic)
Weapon Power: 8

Shooter (Rock)
Weapon Power: 1

Shooter (Spear)

Shooter (Sword)

Shooter (Fire)

Bombchu
Tile (old): 126
Tile (new): 9260
Rows: 2
Melee Power: 1

Gel (L2, Normal)
Tile (old): 120
Tile (new): 9300
Rows: 1
HP: 2

Zol (L2, Normal)
Tile (old): 137
Tile (new): 9320

Gel (L2, Tribble)
Tile (old): 120
Tile (new): 9340
HP: 2

Zol (L2, Tribble)
Tile (old): 137
Tile (new): 9360

Spinning Tile (Immediate)

Spinning Tile (Random)

Bomb explosions can now be different that Super Bomb explosions.

Spinning Tile enemies aren't completely finished yet (they don't break up when they hit Link or a wall). Spinning Tile (Random) enemies aren't working yet. The Spinning Tile enemies are created by combo types (you can't put them in the enemy list). They actually get their tiles from the first tile after the combo that called them. So, if combo 724 has 9 tiles, starting with tile 396, then the Spinning Tile enemy created by it will start with tile 405 (9 tiles away from tile 396). The CSet is also pulled from the cset used by the combo on the screen. Additionally, Spinning Tile enemies use 4 tiles for their animations. With Spinning Tile (Immediate) combos, make the combo look like it will with the Spinning Tile already removed from it (so you can combo cycle from a normal floor combo to a Spinning Tile combo which will have the spinning tile removed and create the Spinning Tile enemy). Finally, only combos on layers 0, 1, or 2 will create Spinning Tile enemies.

The new Gel and Zol enemies are Fire-based. They leave the Fire Trail weapon behind when they move.

Octorok 4 shoots enemy bombs.

Bombchus are basically Ropes that explode when they get close to you (if they are charging at the time). The second row of tiles is the charging tiles.

Summoners are like Batrobes. However, they get their enemy list from the enemy list of the layers on the current screen. So, if you have layer 1 set to screen 7, then go to screen 7 and set some enemies there. Summoner will randomly call them. This works on all layers. So, you could theoretically have summoner call from a list of 60 different enemies if you choose. It also depends on how many copies of an enemy you have in the layer enemy lists. So, if you have 4 Octorok 1 enemies on layer 1 and 1 Darknut 1 on layer 1, then you have an 80% chance of having an Octorok 1 summoned and a 20% chance of having a Darknut 1 summoned. Yes, you can summon other Summoners. No, this is generally not a good idea. There is a bug at the moment where summoners will sometimes summon enemies into solid combos. This is being addressed.

The shooter enemies are like the Fireball shooter. They will try to aim in Link's general direction.

If you submitted a bug that we "fixed" (check the quarantined bug forums if you can't remember), please test it and post in your bug report thread to let us know if this fixed it.

BACK UP YOUR QUESTS BEFORE YOU USE THIS ON THEM!

_L_
08-14-2006, 09:03 AM
First thought:
Projectile shooters = cooler custom bosses!

Second thought:
Magic shooter + magic prism = unlimited entertainment?

Mega Link
08-14-2006, 09:23 AM
My first emotion to this: :eek: *Rubs eyes* "Is this some kind of joke?" *Faints*

Is the special revolutionary feature here yet?

_L_
08-14-2006, 09:23 AM
PROBLEM: the OSX disk image doesn't mount on my system for the same reason that the 2.11b11 image didn't for trip_i_fall. My system is 10.2.8 and Disk Copy gives the following error when I disable verification:

"ZC211b12.dmg" failed to mount due to error 95. (no mountable file systems)

Mega Link
08-14-2006, 09:32 AM
Are all of the subscreen editor bugs fixed?

jman2050
08-14-2006, 09:42 AM
And now to reveal the special revolutionary feature.........

FREEFORM COMBO SCRIPTING!

Yes, you heard right, there is now a scripting engine in place in ZC, and boy will you love it. It provides a programatic way of controlling almost every aspect of a freeform combo. This is how it works...

It is an ASM-like language consisting of a set of instructions that can manipulate the freeform combo. In addition to the normal FFC attributes, there are now 8 data registers (Defined as d0 to d7) and 2 address registers (Defined as a1 and a2). Data registers can hold a decimal number of up to 4 places. They are general-use registers, for whatever you want to do with them.

a1 and a2 are registers that hold a reference to another freeform combo (0-32). Using the SETA and LOAD instructions, you can manipulate the data of any other freeform combo in the same room.

Anyway, for each instruction, you will use up to 2 arguments. These arguments will either be one of the designates below or a hard value. The description of each argument is as follows:

d0-d7 - The data registers
a1-a2 - The address registers
data - the combo reference of the FFC
cset - It's cset
delay - It's animation delay
x - It's X position
y - It's y position
xd - X speed
yd - Y speed
xd2 - X accel
yd2 - Y accel
cd### - the room's combo data, where ### refers to the tile number of the room (tile 0 is at 0,0, tile 16 is at 0,1, etc.)
cc### - the room's cset data
cf### - the room's secret flag data
lx - Link's X position
ly - Link's Y position

Note: The engine still does not test for certain things, like whether Link's position is inbounds. BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN MESSING WITH THESE VALUES OR YOU COULD POTENTIALLY CRASH ZC. THIS IS ESPECIALLY TRUE OF THE ADDRESS REGISTERS.

And now, a description of the instructions:

Note: V instructions use a designate argument and a value, while R instructions use two designate arguments.

SETV, SETR - Set's the contents of the first argument to the contents of the second argument.
ADDR, ADDV - Add's the contents of the second argument to the contents of the first argument, storing the result in the first argument.
SUBR, SUBV - Same, only it subtracts the second argument from the first.
MULTR, MULTV - Same, only it multiplies both arguments
DIVR, DIVV - Same, only it divides the first argument by the second argument.
COMPAREV, COMPARER - Compares the first argument with the second argument. If the two arguments are equal, the TRUEFLAG is set. If not, it is unset. If the first argument is greater than or equal to the second argument, the MOREFLAG is set. Otherwise, it is unset.
WAITFRAME - One of the mos important commands. It takes no arguments, and tells the script to STOP executing at that point. Execution will resume from the next instruction in the list in the next frame. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A WAITFRAME WHEREVER NEEDED. USE OF GOTO (described below) CAN POTENTIALLY CAUSE AN INFINITE LOOP WHICH WILL CRASH ZC.
GOTO - Goto instruction number #. Uses one argument. The instruction number is simply the number of instructions counted down from the top of the list, starting from instruction 1.
CHECKTRIG - Not currently implemented yet, but when it is, it'll check if th current FF combo has been triggered via secret, and if so, will set the TRUEFLAG. Otherwise, it will unset it.
WARP - Uses two value arguments. The first is the map to warp to, and the second is the screen to warp to. IT CAN CRASH THE GAME IF THE VALUES ARE OUT OF BOUNDS.
GOTOTRUE, GOTOFALSE, GOTOMORE, GOTOLESS - The first two will go to instruction number # depending on the status of the true flag. The last two depend on the status of the MOREFLAG.
LOAD1, LOAD2 - The first argument refers to the elements of the current FFC, while the second refers to the elements of the FFC referred to by the address registers (a1 and a2 respectively.) Set's the first argument to the second argument.
SETA1, SETA2 - The first argument is the reference FFC element, while the second argument is the current FFC elements. Sets the first argument to the second argument.
QUIT - Stops execution of this FFC's script on this screen.

The format of each line in a script file is as follows:

[spaces]SETV[spaces]d0,0.45[spaces];[comment] (everything after a ; is ignored)
Note: DO NOT USE TABS FOR THE TIME BEING!

Each line in the text file MUST have an instruction, no exceptions. The end of the script will automatically be a quit instruction.

To implement the scripts, go to the Tools menu in ZQuest and select Import FF Script. Select the script slot to upload the script to, then select the text file which containsthe script. If no errors are reported, the script hasbeen loaded successfully. To use a script, just select the applicable script number in the FFC menu. 0 automatically means 'don't use script'

That should be it for now. DarkDragon is working on a C compiler that'll make writing ZC scripts much eaasier, but for now, this wll have to do. Hope this special feature is revolutionary enough fo you :)

Freedom
08-14-2006, 09:45 AM
Won't let me load my Castle Haunt III quest from 2.11b10b
boots me out as soon as I press enter to start the game.

side note;
The alleg42.dll isn't in the support files download above, I used the same one I used for 2.11b10b and 2.11b11

Edit;
That freeform combo stuff will be mighty handy after I go take a 2 year coarse in programming. ;)

Takuya
08-14-2006, 09:45 AM
Guys use this for now: I tarred and bz2ed it up, I don't know why the DMG doesn't work. It might use Tiger specific compressions functions, but I'll play with it.

Use this: Zelda Classic 2.11 Beta 12 for Mac OS X (Tar.bz2 archive) (http://knj.randomskk.net/zc/ZC211b12.tar.bz2)

jman2050
08-14-2006, 09:51 AM
As a side note, here's a test quest and test script to play around with. Note that the effect in the quest is achievd without the use of FF combo attribute change combos ;)

http://www.cgi101.com/~jman2050/testscript.zip

Mega Link
08-14-2006, 10:01 AM
Uhh... it will not open! "-windowed" (put at the end of the target line) worked for beta 10 and beta 11, but what is it this time?

rocksfan13
08-14-2006, 10:14 AM
I get the same thing. Isn't it supported?

Freedom
08-14-2006, 10:15 AM
This version won't let me play any custom quests it seems.
I tried 2 different versions of Castle Haunt III one from beta 2.11b10b and the other from 2.11b11, and thinking it might be freeform combo related I put in Link to Tortuga from 2.10 which has no freeform combos.
It allows me to load them but then boots me out when I hit enter to play.
It did allow me to open the Adventure tileset in the player for some reason.

(I run in fullscreen)

jman2050
08-14-2006, 10:17 AM
There seems to be a slight issue with loading quests. We're looking into it as we speak. It might be allegro related.

_L_
08-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Guys use this for now: I tarred and bz2ed it up, I don't know why the DMG doesn't work. It might use Tiger specific compressions functions, but I'll play with it.

Use this: Zelda Classic 2.11 Beta 12 for Mac OS X (Tar.bz2 archive) (http://knj.randomskk.net/zc/ZC211b12.tar.bz2)
Thanks!

But what's this?!

NEW PROBLEM:

It doesn't seem to run under 10.2.8!

Console gives the following error:

dyld: /ZC211b12/ZQuest Editor.app/Contents/MacOS/ZQuest Editor can't open library: /usr/local/lib/libpng.3.dylib (No such file or directory, errno = 2)

EDIT: Okay, I made that problem go away by downloading and compiling (http://kenno.wordpress.com/2006/04/20/compiling-libpng-for-mac-os-x/)libpng. But then A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES:

dyld: /ZC211b12/ZQuest Editor.app/Contents/MacOS/ZQuest Editor can't open library: /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
Something tells me I'm not going to get much sleep tonight.

rocksfan13
08-14-2006, 10:25 AM
Neither Zelda Classic or Zquest will run under windowed mode. Just tried both to confirm.

The_Amaster
08-14-2006, 10:26 AM
I'm looking at this FFC scripter, and you make it sound awsome, with it's Data adding, and field modifieng, and stuff, but WHAT DOES IT ACTUALLY DO? I mean, what can we do now that we couldnt do before? Just wondering.

jman2050
08-14-2006, 10:35 AM
I dunno. The scripting is just a platform. it's up to each developer how you want to use it. You can make moving platforms for example by writing a script that checks if Link is within a certain range and updating Link's X,Y position accordingly. Or perhaps script a boss that shoots a boomerang in Link's direction. Ormy personal favorite, script an ic shooter that, when it fires, turns the ground in front of it to ice. The stuff you can do with this is quite diverse if you learn to use it properly.

koopa
08-14-2006, 10:51 AM
If it fails to open, which it did for me, download the support archive and replace fonts.dat and zquest.dat with the new ones. That got mine to work.

rocksfan13
08-14-2006, 10:57 AM
That did it. Thanks koopa.

Takuya
08-14-2006, 11:00 AM
Mac users redownload the archive for OS X. It might be static now.

Freedom
08-14-2006, 11:10 AM
Still crashes for me with the two new .dat files.
I'll try redownloading everything again.

Mega Link
08-14-2006, 11:32 AM
Thanks! It works now!

-----------------------------

I have a suggestion. (this should be easy to do) In the tile editor, there currently is a overlay feature, well put in a underlay feature. This would save time in the add the transparent pixels/copy/paste/copy/paste/copy/overlay prosess. All you would have to do is add the transparent pixels, copy the background tile, and underlay it.

Freedom
08-14-2006, 11:46 AM
It's just not going to work for me I guess.
I redownloaded everything including the two new dat files, it still crashes when I try to open a custom quest.

_L_
08-14-2006, 11:47 AM
Mac users redownload the archive for OS X. It might be static now.
Hmm, it still needs libstdc++, though. How come this release requires it and 2.11b9 didn't?

koopa
08-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Try this, if it still doesn't work:
make a new folder. Unzip first the new support archive, then the newest beta.
If that doesn't work download beta 11, unzip into the same folder but choose NO to any "overwrite?" questions. Then delete ag.cfg.

Can't promise anything, but there's a chance it'll work.

EDIT: and I see some fixes have been added to the first post - try them too.
If it still doesn't work could you post your allegro.log file that should be created in the ZC folder when you try to run, and your precise version of alleg42.dll (right-click it, choose properties, select version tab. It should say "File version: 4.2.0.0". If not, post that too.

EDIT2:

there currently is a overlay feature, well put in a underlay feature.

It exists. CTRL-O. Also, you can mass overlay by selecting a range of tiles and pressing SHIFT-O. Press CTRL-SHIFT-O for mass underlay.

Takuya
08-14-2006, 12:02 PM
We have some calls to the stdc++ library. :P

Freedom
08-14-2006, 12:31 PM
koopa,
this threads getting confusing so I don't know if you're talking to me for sure, but here is the info with mine.

mine works except when opening custom quests, then it crashes when you press enter to start game play after regestering a name and choosing the custom quest.
I've downloaded and tried it 3 times, not overwritting files, but deleting them out and starting fresh.

alleg42.dll
4.2.0.(RC2)

Zelda Classic v2.11 Beta (Build 12)
Allocating quest path buffers (4.00k/4.00k)...OK
Allocating map buffer (510.53k/514.53k)... OK
Allocating string buffer (6.75M/7.25M)... OK
Allocating door combo buffer (159.50k/7.41M)... OK
Allocating dmap buffer (53.00k/7.46M)... OK
Allocating combo buffer (1.62M/9.08M)... OK
Allocating color data buffer (158.11k/9.23M)... OK
Allocating new tile buffer (511.88k/17.73M)... OK
Allocating trash buffer (97.66k/17.83M)... OK
Allocating item buffer (3.00k/17.83M)... OK
Allocating weapon buffer (2.00k/17.83M)... OK
Allocating guy buffer (19.00k/17.85M)... OK
Initializing Allegro... OK
Checking Files... OK
Allocating bitmap buffers... OK
Loading data files:
Zelda.Dat...OK
Fonts.Dat...OK
SFX.Dat...OK
Loading saved games... OK
Initializing sound driver... OK
Triplebuffer available
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Misc. Data...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Combo Aliases...okay.
Reading Color Data...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Reading Cheat Codes...okay.
Reading Init. Data...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Reading Custom Guy Data...okay.
Reading Custom Link Sprite Data...okay.
Done.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.

rocksfan13
08-14-2006, 12:56 PM
I just tried it and it did the same thing to me Freedom. Any ideas why guys?

No matter what quest you use, if you register a new name then chose a custom quest fresh, it'll crash.
If the name is already resgistered and you just reassign it to another, it works fine.

firefly
08-14-2006, 01:23 PM
I thought the enemy contest winners were going to be implemented like in beta 30 or until final version... (Whee! Bombchus!)

The current FFC scripting seems quite difficult right now, but seems to be really useful.
I suggest using another programming language for the FFC scripts (C or C++ could be better)

_L_
08-14-2006, 01:40 PM
We have some calls to the stdc++ library. :P
Ah, of course - but the problem (from what I've just learned) is that it requires the dynamic library "libstdc++.dylib", but for Mac OS 10.3.8 and earlier there's only the static library "libstdc++.a" available. (Is that what you meant by "it might be static now"?)

The_Amaster
08-14-2006, 01:48 PM
JUst wondering, is there absolutly NO WAY IN HELL that this might work on OS9. Cause if not, I'd be so happy not to have to deal with my stupid PC. Ah, it's an impossible dream. If only I had OSX!!

Pineconn
08-14-2006, 02:09 PM
Wow, there are 8 members and 3 guests viewing this thread right now.

You developers know how to keep me happy. All this new stuff within a week. Seriously, you can take a break. ;)

Freedom, I'm getting the same problem as you. When I play a custom quest, ZC crashes within 2 seconds. I'll try downloading everything again. I'll just delete all of the old beta 10 files.

EDIT: Nope, the same thing happens. Still crashes. 1st.qst works, though.

Freedom
08-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Pineconn,
don't waste your time, it just ain'ta gonna worka

This beta is so bad I don't think I'm going to be able to test much with it, just going to have to wait for the next release.
I can't compare bug fixes with earlier quests because I can't load them, and I can't load gifs to try and make tiles for the new enemies, and the freeform combo thing is above my head right now, so I don't have a clue what it's supposed to do..... you get the idea.
I've been messing with this since 10 minutes after DN uploaded it and can't seem to do anything with it.

Pineconn
08-14-2006, 02:52 PM
Yeah, guess not. I guess I'll wait until beta 12b/13.

jman2050
08-14-2006, 03:12 PM
We're working on the problem. Kinda hard to fix since I don't think I'm getting this same problem. Kinda weird that it's happening though...

koopa
08-14-2006, 03:26 PM
Ok, I tried this: unzipped beta 12 to a new folder, made a custom quest (one screen) and tried to load it. Freeze. Every time. I replaced alleg42.dll, put the new one in the ZC folder, and it worked. I'll just post a link to the new dll, and edit when it's done. Tell me if it's any use.

EDIT: link to dll (h1.ripway.com/zckoopa/stuff/alleg42.dll)

Freedom
08-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Your problem is different from mine koopa, mine is closing when trying to play custom quests.
I did try your dll though, but it didn't change anything. ;)

koopa
08-14-2006, 03:51 PM
No, I do mean the same thing (I hope) - crashed zc when I pressed enter to load the game to play. Odd. Well, the search goes on then ...

Pineconn
08-14-2006, 04:11 PM
I'll download it. I'll let you know if it works.

EDIT: Sorry, it does not.

Freedom
08-14-2006, 04:14 PM
I found something here,
it's changing the created date of the alleg42.dll in the b12, but not in the b11 or b10.

http://members.toast.net/mfreedom/dll_1.gif

Pineconn
08-14-2006, 04:16 PM
Do you think Allegro is the problem? By the way, that is a nice find.

Freedom
08-14-2006, 04:23 PM
You got me, koopa seems to think it is, that's what got me looking at it.
I don't know enough about it to know one way or the other.

erm2003
08-14-2006, 04:26 PM
I made a copy of my beta 11 folder, unzipped the new beta 12 files, and then overwrote my alleg42.dll file with the one that koopa gave us and I have no problem loading custom quests. I was able to load old save files and load them from new files without a problem.

Pineconn
08-14-2006, 04:28 PM
Does anyone else have a problem with loading custom quests other than Freedom and me?

I mean, it's not like I need the beta. I'd just like to experiment with the new enemies and such. I'm not in a hurry to play it. :shrug:

rocksfan13
08-14-2006, 04:30 PM
Yes, Pineconn. I have the same problem. I'd try koopa's file, but I can't from work. Firewall block's it.

Dark Nation
08-14-2006, 04:35 PM
We are working on 12b and hope to post it tonight.

rocksfan13
08-14-2006, 04:43 PM
Ok, out of curiousity I went and grabbed the alleg42.dll from beta 10 and overwrote the one from beta 12.

Guess what, it worked. I do believe koopa is right on this one. Something's up with alleg42.

Pineconn
08-14-2006, 04:44 PM
Hm. Sort of strange that this problem exists for several people, though the previous beta was released a few days ago and worked fine.

Shoot. I got rid of the beta 10b allegro. :D

rocksfan13
08-14-2006, 04:46 PM
Re-download it. It's still here. That's where I got it.

Freedom
08-14-2006, 04:46 PM
I've tried the alleg42.dll from b10, b11, and the one koopa posted and get the same result each time.

rocksfan13
08-14-2006, 04:50 PM
Ok. Just tried again. Still happening. It would seem that if you use the 2.11 test quest it works. Anything else crashes it.

Pineconn
08-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Allegro seems to cause quite a few problems. ;)

The_Amaster
08-14-2006, 05:07 PM
Ummm.... I haven't been able to use 11 or 12, cause my computers in the shop until tomorrow. I've been following this thread, and I'm quite confused. Once I get my computer back, exactly what do I have to do to get 12 to work?As best you know.

CJC
08-14-2006, 05:18 PM
Well, it seems to work fine on my system with just the first download, and I can open all my beta 11 files no problem.

Maybe, for those encountering custom questfile problems, give this a try:

Paste a copy of the old beta 10b questfile into your beta 11 folder, then open it and save it.
Paste a copy of the file created in step one of this instruction into your beta 12 folder and try to open it.

It might not work for you, but it seems to work fine for me.

EDIT: Like the two posts below, I'm running it on Windows XP.

rocksfan13
08-14-2006, 06:03 PM
Just got home. Downloaded it and it works fine. I use XP at home. I don't understand.

Sir_Johnamus
08-14-2006, 06:08 PM
I don't get the quest loading bug like you all said, and I am loading every quest in my library. I loaded ZC in windowed using ZC2.10 launcher v 0.3 and it worked fine.
I replaced the Alleg42.dll with Koopa's and I noticed no difference.

So, this is quite a perplexing one.

[edit] I use XP. Rocksfan posted at the same time I did, so I edited.

texasdex
08-14-2006, 10:13 PM
In b11 I can walk on water on other screens after using the whistle in a whistle->stairs screen. I found it out by accident in PrinceMSC's Revenge quest, and was able to walk all over almost the entire map! I'm pretty sure this is a bug, and the buglist fixlist doesn't list it.

erm2003
08-14-2006, 10:17 PM
This has been reported here and fixed, though still may need to be tested in beta 12.

http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=92451

Dark Nation
08-14-2006, 10:50 PM
Okay. Beta 12b is now out. Redownload all the links for your OS in the first post of this thread.

The new beta 12b for OS X is not available yet until Takuya posts here about it.

_L_
08-14-2006, 11:10 PM
We have some calls to the stdc++ library. :PAh, of course - but the problem (from what I've just learned) is that it requires the dynamic library "libstdc++.dylib", but for Mac OS 10.3.8 and earlier there's only the static library "libstdc++.a" available. (Is that what you meant by "it might be static now"?)
EDIT: Problem solved.

Pineconn
08-14-2006, 11:14 PM
Okay. Beta 12b is now out. Redownload all the links for your OS in the first post of this thread.

The new beta 12b for OS X is not available yet until Takuya posts here about it.

All righty! I shall see if it works! :)

EDIT: And it works! Thanks to whomever fixed that! :thumbsup:

EDIT2: Well, it did, only with a Bombchu on the screen. I added the new ones and now it doesn't. I'll single out the enemy that may be the problem.... for me.

EDIT3: It's the Summoner. When it spawns something, ZC crashes.

Freedom
08-14-2006, 11:44 PM
Still crashes when trying to play a custom quest for me.

Pineconn
08-14-2006, 11:49 PM
Yeah. Do you have a Summoner on the screen? That makes it freeze for me (still).

Dark Nation
08-14-2006, 11:51 PM
Did you set enemies on any of the layers of the screen? Read the description for how Summoners work.

Pineconn
08-14-2006, 11:52 PM
Also, other non-2.11beta12 quests still do not work. I'm trigger-happy to post the reply.

EDIT: Oh, whoops, I didn't check to see how Summoners work. No, I had no enemies attached to layers. Yes, now the Summoner doesn't cause ZC to crash. My bad. Sorry about that.

But still, no enemies attached to layers shouldn't cause the program to crash. IMO, they should either not appear, cause any random enemy to appear (that would be interesting), or just not spawn any enemies at all.

Dark Nation
08-15-2006, 12:17 AM
Which quests are not loading? Can you give links?

Pineconn
08-15-2006, 12:22 AM
All of them. Mine, Mario Crisis, NeoFirst... Even 1st.qst doesn't work now.

The only quests that work are ones created with the beta12b editor. Just to let you know, beta 10b ran very nicely.

erm2003
08-15-2006, 12:24 AM
DN, I have had the exact opposite experience. Custom quests have loaded fine for me in both beta 12 and beta 12b.

Freedom
08-15-2006, 12:25 AM
I tried my Castle Haunt III from both 2.11b10b and 2.11b11, and I tried Link to tortuga from 2.10.
I went with a varity of builds to try and see if it was a certain feature, like freeform combos causing it, or maybe a new screen flag or enemy, but it doesn't seem to be.
CH III hasn't been released anywhere, and isn't complete, but Link to Tortuga is on my page in my sig.
I'm running windows 98 and direct X 9
My allegro.log is showing no error

Pineconn
08-15-2006, 12:25 AM
Erm, does 1st.qst work? (Just to know.)

This is quite odd. :p

Yeah, I have a fairly decent video card, nVidia GeForce 6200. Basically brand-spankin' new (never been used, actually. The 6200 brand is a little "old."). Windows XP and DirectX 9, too.

jman2050
08-15-2006, 12:35 AM
This bug is starting to piss me off. One of us changed something, and we're having problems identifying what's going on.

Actually, for now, just give us the error report of the crash. Whether it's n unhandled exception, etc. Actually, just copy and paste the beginning of the whole report and post it here.

Freedom
08-15-2006, 12:40 AM
It's not giving me any error, it's just closing the instant you press "enter" to play the custom quest.

jman2050
08-15-2006, 12:41 AM
Wait wait wait wait wait... it's not crashing? It's just exiting? That's VERY different.

Guess I shoulda read better >_>

erm2003
08-15-2006, 12:43 AM
Erm, does 1st.qst work? (Just to know.)

I am able to load the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quests with no problems as well.

Freedom
08-15-2006, 12:45 AM
Or I should have explained it better. I've used both terms closed and crashed, but it simply closes/exits the program.

I've also tried all the "tricks" everyone else has suggested like loading the file and then exiting and then going back in and trying to load it, etc.
I get the same results no matter what.

1st quest works for me.

jman2050
08-15-2006, 12:51 AM
Try this... Use the -load switch and see if that helps you start your quest

The format is -load # where # is the save number to load

Pineconn
08-15-2006, 12:54 AM
It gives me the "Send Error Report?" message when it crashes/exits.

New conflict. I played a quest made with the beta 12b maker. Okay, looks like the enemy causing ZC to freeze this time is the Fire Gel. I left the screen, went back on, killed the Fire Gel, then reset and started the quest. Freeze. I didn't get this every time, and the order of killing it/going from one screen to another would be different/sometimes I wouldn't even change screens. But there seems to be a bug with the Fire Gel. It may be with relevance to the custom quest crashing. (Not the most precise bug find. But one is present, I just never pinned it down to consistancy. :p )

BTW, with all this with the Fire Gel and custom quest crashing, am I being a nuisance or helpful? Or both? ;)

Freedom
08-15-2006, 12:54 AM
I work out of the folder double clicking on the zquest-w.exe and zelda-w.exe files.
I don't use shortcuts.

or are you telling me to make a change in the ag.cfg file?

jman2050
08-15-2006, 12:55 AM
Use a shortcut.

Freedom
08-15-2006, 01:06 AM
Doesn't seem to want to work, I'm probably doing it wrong.

here's what I tried

D:\ZClassic\zelda-2.11\211b12\zelda-w.exe -load2

D:\ZClassic\zelda-2.11\211b12\zelda-w.exe-load2

2 is the slot the quest in registered in, and I tried with and without a space between the .exe

jman2050
08-15-2006, 01:07 AM
zelda-w.exe -load 2

Freedom
08-15-2006, 01:11 AM
Did the same thing, started to open then closed.

jman2050
08-15-2006, 01:29 AM
I dunno what else I can do. I have to go though, so hopefully this can be rectified by tomorrow.

rocksfan13
08-15-2006, 08:27 AM
Alright! I grabbed th new stuff and it works for me now. Thanks guys.

But so you know, when I did get the error, it crashed and said zelda-w.exe has caused errors and will now close.

Dark Nation
08-15-2006, 08:37 AM
So, it looks like freedom is the only issue left?

Freedom: Check your windows/system and windows/system32 folder for alleg42.dll and delete it from there (or rename it to alleg42.dl2).

Then delete everything in your beta 12b folder and download again.

Dark Nation
08-15-2006, 08:54 AM
The OS X version of 12b is available now. The the first post of this thread. MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE RIGHT ONE FOR YOUR VERSION OF OS X!

_L_
08-15-2006, 09:49 AM
Yippiaiyay! It finally works!

Thanks! Now I get to play NeoFirst!

Freedom
08-15-2006, 12:00 PM

Freedom: Check your windows/system and windows/system32 folder for alleg42.dll and delete it from there (or rename it to alleg42.dl2).

Then delete everything in your beta 12b folder and download again.

They didn't exist in my system or system 32 folders.
I always put each version in it's own folder and work with it from there.
Also I'm not the only one having a problem, Pineconn posted earlier a whole list of quests he tried without success he runs XP where I run 98.

I Removed a bunch of the old betas from my hard drive and put them on disc last December, but I still have 190, 192-183 and 184, 2.10, and 2.11 b2, b5, b6, b8, b9, b10, b10b b11, b12, b12b, all on my computer, each in it's own folder, and they all work except for the b12's.
The b12's work except for loading custom quests, I can even put in the adventure tileset and use that, but a quest built with that tileset I can't.

I just don't believe this is an issue with my system, I believe it's an issue with the b12, and if it won't work for me, then it's not going to work for others either.

The_Amaster
08-15-2006, 12:07 PM
Wait...Now I'm running 10b. What do I have to download, and what do I have to move around, etc. in order to get it to work. This entire thread has been very conusing.

Freedom
08-15-2006, 12:27 PM
Don't discuss 10b in this thread, this thread is about 2.11b12 and 2.11b12b

If you discuss the 10b here then you'll confuse everyone.

There is a 10b thread, try posting in there. ;)

The_Amaster
08-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Sorry, I worded that wrong, it's not a 10b, question, it's a 12b question. My computer has been in the shop for the last week, so 10b's the latest version I have. What steps do I take to get 12b running, such as what files to download, and where to load them.

Rulehy
08-15-2006, 01:03 PM
Look at the first post in this thread. ;)

It should say the files to download there.

Pineconn
08-15-2006, 02:17 PM

No, I still can't play quests. The only quests playable are ones created directly with the beta 12b editor. I still can't confirm whether or not the Fire Gel "bug" exists.

"-load 2" skips the intro screens and doesn't fix the crashing for me, either.

Freedom
08-15-2006, 02:20 PM
DN,
I just tried opening and saving my Castle Haunt 3 quest in Zquest (12B) and making a change and saving it, and it still won't open in the player, same as above you load it, and when you click "enter" to play it closes the program.

Would it help if I send you this quest?
If you want it sent do you also want the optional sound files, I'm not using them in the 12b but I did try it with them in 12 and using them or not using them didn't seem to be an issue.
I have several mp3's used for screams, or jumps, etc, and a music sound file, and if they aren't needed I'd just as soon not spend the time uploading them.

Pineconn
08-15-2006, 02:27 PM
Freedom, can you play...

-1st.qst with 12b?
-any other 2.11 (any beta) custom quest?
-a quest created with the 12b editor?

I know you can't play Castle Haunt III, I'm just curious to see if we have the exact same problem. Again, I can play only quests created with ZQuest 12b. Not even the original beta 12.

Freedom
08-15-2006, 02:33 PM
yes, I can play the 1st quest, I can also open and use the Adventure tileset which is what I built CH III with.
It leads me to believe its a feature being used in a quest that is causing this, that's why I tried Tortuga from 2.10 since CH III uses all of the features available in 2.11b10b and Tortuga doesn't.
That "sorta" rules out things like freeform combos and multiple warps which weren't used in Tortuga but were in CH III.

Pineconn
08-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Very strange. We have similar problems, but you can play 1st.qst whereas I cannot.

I tried playing many quests. One from 1.92b183, several from 2.10, and a couple from various 2.11 betas. None worked.

BTW, to avoid confusion, ZQuest works perfectly for me. It's just ZC that is buggy.

Dark Nation
08-15-2006, 02:40 PM
Yes, Freedom. Send me (some of) the quests that are giving you trouble and I'll see if they are doing the same thing here.

Dark Nation
08-15-2006, 02:41 PM
Just to make sure I understand, the quests load fine in ZQuest but ZC crashes when you hit enter on a save slot to play it?

Pineconn
08-15-2006, 02:53 PM
Um, I dunno. Give me one second to test.

Indeed, I can load quests [that do not work in ZC] into ZQuest, and they work fine. These quests (which are all of them besides beta 12b quests) crash upon hitting enter.

Freedom
08-15-2006, 03:06 PM
Just to make sure I understand, the quests load fine in ZQuest but ZC crashes when you hit enter on a save slot to play it?

every custom quest built in another version I have tried doesn't work, you load it press "enter" to play and the program closes, and I also tried opening and saving CH III in the 12b zquest and then saving it, and it still refuses to open in the player.

I also tried loading a quest into a save slot and then exiting the program and then starting it again and it closes that way too.

My Adventure tileset will open in the player, but CH III and Robinhood which were both built with the Adventure tileset will not open in the player.

I can open and play the 1st quest that comes with 12b with no problems.

I'll upload the ch III quest and PM you an address to it, give me a few to get it up there.
The version I'll upload is the one I opened and saved in the 12b zquest, but still won't open for me in the player.

Pineconn
08-15-2006, 03:09 PM
Huh. Try opening ZC in windowed mode. "-windowed"

It works like that. I can... load quests. Wow.

But not in fullscreen.

Dark Nation
08-15-2006, 03:12 PM
Just as a quick test, load up one of the quests in ZQ, delete all the MIDIs from it, then save as a different name. Then try playing again.

Pineconn
08-15-2006, 03:20 PM
I'm not sure if that worked. Because quests are now working in fullscreen mode. Freedom, create a short cut to ZC. Open it in windowed mode. Close. Open it in fullscreen mode. Load a custom quest. It might work now...

That sounds really stupid, but it seems that it might have fixed it.... :shrug:

Dark Nation
08-15-2006, 03:30 PM
Pineconn: You can't load quests or can't play them?

Freedom
08-15-2006, 03:31 PM
Just as a quick test, load up one of the quests in ZQ, delete all the MIDIs from it, then save as a different name. Then try playing again.

Same result, closes on enter.

I got that quest uploaded, I'll PM you the address right now.

Pineconn
08-15-2006, 03:33 PM
Pineconn: You can't load quests or can't play them?

Loading was fine, but playing didn't work.

However, I want to say that I can play quests now... But, when I load 1st.qst, reset, then select a custom quest and hit enter... CRASH!

As is, playing a custom quest does work. I'll delve into this farther.

Freedom
08-15-2006, 03:38 PM
I tried it in windowed and got an illegal operation error upon pressing enter for the quest.

here are the details

ZELDA-W caused an invalid page fault in
module ZELDA-W.EXE at 015f:004a5bed.
Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=015f EIP=004a5bed EFLGS=00010246
EBX=00000000 SS=0167 ESP=0107eb20 EBP=0107fa78
ECX=01e8000c DS=0167 ESI=00000000 FS=3f8f
EDX=0002c59e ES=0167 EDI=037505ec GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
66 8b 94 77 7c 02 00 00 8a 84 3e 8c 04 00 00 81
Stack dump:
81954b9c 00005a18 00005a18 00000000 037505ec 00000002 00000000 00000000 00000001 037d000c 00000000 7803ac88 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

Pineconn
08-15-2006, 03:41 PM
Really? That works just fine for me.

I cannot confirm whether or not playing 1st.qst then a custom quest freezes ZC. It happened before. But, here's the thing. Quests loaded into ZC before I opened it in windowed mode work. (Remember that I switched back to fullscreen.) However, loading a quest now does not work. 1st.qst does, though.

Dark Nation
08-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Man, this bug is so frustrating. Freedom, do you have an AIM account? or do you have an IRC program?

Pineconn
08-15-2006, 03:46 PM
I know.

Presently, ZC sometimes freezes, sometimes is okay. Sorry that I cannot nail down this bug to a consistancy. I've tried many, many ways.

Dark Nation
08-15-2006, 03:47 PM
Not your fault.

Freedom
08-15-2006, 03:47 PM
Pineconn,
I imagine you are really confusing DN with; "it works it don't work"

You should set down and find out exactly what does what and then post a detailed report on exactly what is happening.
You've even got me confused. ;)

My problem is simple, the program works except for playing custom quests from other versions, and opening and saving those quests in 12b doesn't fix the problem.
In other words....
It's broke. ;)

Dark Nation
08-15-2006, 03:49 PM
Pineconn, do you have an AIM account or an IRC program?

If either of you use IRC, join irc.initialized.org, #PureZC. I'll be there for the next 45 minutes.

Pineconn
08-15-2006, 03:50 PM
I truly am trying to get the bug to be consistant. I just cannot pin point it. This is not my first beta testing job, let me say.

So... How would you guys say that we scrap beta 12 and go back to 11? :p

(I'm not being serious.)

Yeah, I have an AIM account. It's in my profile. ;) MikeFurst1st. Sorry, I don't have IRC.

Freedom
08-15-2006, 03:52 PM
Man, this bug is so frustrating. Freedom, do you have an AIM account? or do you have an IRC program?

Sorry DN, I sure don't.

I have to run and take care of some business in town, probably be gone an hour or so.
When I get back I'll start deleting things out of that Castle Haunt III quest a piece at a time until I can get it to open, maybe I can back track it all the way down to the tileset which does open and see if I can determine exactly whats causing the problem. ;)

Dark Nation
08-15-2006, 04:23 PM
Freedom and Pineconn, download the following file and unzip into your ZC folder. It will overwrite your zelda-w.exe file, so rename that first. Then, run this and load up a quest to play so that it crashes. Then, paste the results of the Allegro.log file here.

Try different variations, too. Fullscreen, windowed, different quests. Just tell me what you did each time so I can try to pinpoint the cause of the problem.

http://darknation.armageddongames.net/zc/zc211b12b2.zip

Master_of_Power
08-15-2006, 04:32 PM
It seems now that it crashes after you quit -> retry -> open the same game

rocksfan13
08-15-2006, 04:36 PM
Just checked in Full Screen(should have earlier) and had same issue. Downloaded your link DN, stll same.

Here is the alleg.log

Checking Files... OK
Loading data files:
Zelda.Dat...OK
Fonts.Dat...OK
SFX.Dat...OK
Loading saved games... Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Misc. Colors...okay.
Reading Game Icons...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Reading Custom Subscreen Data...okay.
Reading FF Script Data...okay.
Done.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...error.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
OK
Triplebuffer available
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
init_game 1
init_game 2
init_game 3
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
init_game 4
init_game 5
init_game 6
init_game 7

All I did was load a my custom quest that I built in 2.10. When I did this in windowed mode it worked with the other version(the one at the begining of this thread), this version it crashed.

Pineconn
08-15-2006, 04:36 PM
Can do, DN.

Here it is. I renamed the old Allegro.log file, allowing it to make a new one. I'm not sure if that would have made a difference with this:

Checking Files... OK
Loading data files:
Zelda.Dat...OK
Fonts.Dat...OK
SFX.Dat...OK

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
OK
Triplebuffer available
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
init_game 1
init_game 2
init_game 3
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
init_game 4
init_game 5
init_game 6
init_game 7
init_game 8
init_game 9
init_game 10
init_game 11
init_game 1
init_game 12
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
init_game 1
init_game 2
init_game 3
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
init_game 4
init_game 5
init_game 6
init_game 7
init_game 8
init_game 9
init_game 10
init_game 11
init_game 1
init_game 12
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
init_game 1
init_game 2
init_game 3
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
init_game 4
init_game 5
init_game 6
init_game 7
init_game 8
init_game 9
init_game 10
init_game 11
init_game 1
init_game 12
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
init_game 1
init_game 2
init_game 3
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
init_game 4
init_game 5
init_game 6
init_game 7

I had to open a few quests before it crashed.

Dark Nation
08-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Can you try some other quests, rocksfan? And try fullscreen and windowed?

rocksfan13
08-15-2006, 04:46 PM
I just tried to load a quest made in 1.90 and did the same thing. Windowed and Full Screen mode.

Pineconn
08-15-2006, 04:50 PM
EDIT: Windowed mode error. I edited this because I said I didn't get errors in windowed, but that is false. I do.

Here's a new Allegro.log. I used windowed mode for this.

Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
OK
Used switch: -windowed
Triplebuffer not available
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.

rocksfan13
08-15-2006, 04:53 PM
The only difference is in windowed, it crashes. In Full Screen, it closes.

Pineconn
08-15-2006, 04:57 PM
It crashes in windowed and fullscreen for me. Both ways I get the "zelda-w has encountered a problem and needs to close. Send error report?" message. (Those aren't the exact words, it's close enough :p )

Okay, here is an image of what's going on when it crashes if you're still not entirely sure.

[image (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/error_message.png)]

rocksfan13
08-15-2006, 05:02 PM
You're using XP right, Pineconn?

I'm on 2K here. When I did it at home last night, it was working fine. Both Full Screen and Windowed. My home PC is using XP.

Pineconn
08-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Yep, XP dimension 8300, pentium 4, video card is an nVidia GeForce 6200. The card, physically, is brand new, though ZC 2.10 works fine on it. The computer is about 2 years old.

rocksfan13
08-15-2006, 05:11 PM
I'm going home now. I'll let you guys know if I have an issues there as well.

Freedom
08-15-2006, 05:16 PM
I just got back, I'll download the new exe and let you know what happens.

Freedom
08-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Castle Haunt III in fullscreen
program closes
new alleg.log file

Checking Files... OK
Loading data files:
Zelda.Dat...OK
Fonts.Dat...OK
SFX.Dat...OK

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Done.
OK
Triplebuffer available
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
init_game 1
init_game 2
init_game 3
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
init_game 4
init_game 5
init_game 6
init_game 7

-----------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Freedom
08-15-2006, 05:34 PM
Castle Haunt III in windowed
gets illegal operation

ZELDA-W caused an invalid page fault in
module ZELDA-W.EXE at 015f:004ab67c.
Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=015f EIP=004ab67c EFLGS=00010246
EBX=00000000 SS=0167 ESP=0106eb40 EBP=0106fa98
ECX=01e7000c DS=0167 ESI=00000000 FS=3a37
EDX=009c5bd6 ES=0167 EDI=037405ec GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
66 8b 94 77 7c 02 00 00 8a 84 3e 8c 04 00 00 81
Stack dump:
8194dc84 00005a18 00005a18 00000000 037405ec 00000002 00000000 00000000 00000001 037c000c 00000000 7803ac88 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

new alleg.log used in windowed mode

Checking Files... OK
Loading data files:
Zelda.Dat...OK
Fonts.Dat...OK
SFX.Dat...OK

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Done.
OK
Used switch: -windowed
Triplebuffer not available
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
init_game 1
init_game 2
init_game 3
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
init_game 4
init_game 5
init_game 6
init_game 7

jman2050
08-15-2006, 05:49 PM
I can't say exactly where for sure since DN isn't around yet, but DN's program combined with your input helps us pinpoint exactly what we need to look for. Just be patient...

jman2050
08-15-2006, 06:04 PM
I hope DN doesn't mind, but I'm doing my on little diagnostic work. Downloadthis zelda-w.exe and do the same thing DN asked you to. Report your allegro.log file. More specifically, the part where it says 'check0' and the like.

http://www.cgi101.com/~jman2050/ztest.zip

Freedom
08-15-2006, 07:00 PM
here's a little update on what I've been doing.

I took the Castle Haunt 3 quest that won't load and started peeling it back like an onion
I've done this a step at a time and tried again to load and play it.

I've deleted
midis
strings
all maps a screenat a time in some cases.
unchecked all rules
changed to original subscreen
deleted all shops
all maps are now completely gone.
All combos are now completely gone, in steps starting with cycling combos.

About the only thing that remains is the tiles

I did note 2 problems

1)When you delete a map being used as layers, and then go the the map with screens calling for those layers on a map that no loger exists, zquest crashes

2)When you delete a map, it doesn't give you the option to save.

Here's my alleg.log in DN's zelda-w.exe with the quest almost totally cleared out.

Checking Files... OK
Loading data files:
Zelda.Dat...OK
Fonts.Dat...OK
SFX.Dat...OK

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Done.
OK
Triplebuffer available
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
Loading Quest...

Decrypting ...okay.
Opening...okay.
init_game 1
init_game 2
init_game 3
Loading Quest...

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Reading Combos...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading MIDIs...okay.
Setting up subscreens
Done.
init_game 4
init_game 5
init_game 6
init_game 7

Freedom
08-15-2006, 07:16 PM
Jman,
here's the results of your zelda.exe file,
everything said ok like the others so I'll only post your difference, If you want to see the whole log file let me know and I'll post it.

Done.
check0
check1

jman2050
08-15-2006, 07:21 PM
I've narrowed down the problem. Download this and do the same thing I asked before.

http://www.cgi101.com/~jman2050/ztest2.zip

Freedom
08-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Jman test 2
same results everything reads ok

Done.
check0
check1
check2
check3
check4
check5
check6
check7

jman2050
08-15-2006, 09:01 PM
I believe i've found the problem. Try this EXE and tell me if the quest loading problem stil occurs. If it doesn't, then as I thought it was something DN did :P

*thwaps DN*

http://www.cgi101.com/~jman2050/ztest3.zip

Dark Nation
08-15-2006, 09:01 PM
Freedom and/or Pineconn, if the above doesn work, then try using this version on a crashing quest and post the allegro.log file here (it should be a bit larger than before).

http://darknation.armageddongames.net/zc/zc211b12b3.zip

Questions
08-15-2006, 09:11 PM
I'm having the same problem as Freedom and haven't tried the new players but I found it might be realted to this bug. (http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=92741) Freedom open up the problem quest in ZQuest and look at your passive subscreens. After mine crashed I noticed mine became treated as active. Sure the player may load the screens okay, it's applying them that may be the problem.

Pineconn
08-15-2006, 09:13 PM
Okay. Just give me a couple minutes for it/them to download.

EDIT: Check and mate. I believe Jman's ZC does not produce the bug I am getting. What I would do to get the bug is start a quest, reset, start another, reset, etc. until ZC crashed. I opened maybe 50 quests at random and it never crashed. I'll have to do it in windowed mode, too. I'll also try Dark Nation's.

Jman, you should be sorry for thwaping DN. :p

Dark Nation
08-15-2006, 09:26 PM
No. He was right to thwap me. I made a boo boo. :(

Pineconn
08-15-2006, 09:29 PM
True, true, but violence is a no-no. :p

Windowed mode checks out good! :thumbsup:

EDIT: DN, your ZC froze. :p Jman's works for me without freezing.

Dark Nation
08-15-2006, 09:33 PM
Mine wasn't meant to fix, but to find the issue. :/ Anyway, all is good now.

Pineconn
08-15-2006, 09:35 PM
Ah, okay. Well, we can't know for sure that all is well until Rocksfan, Freedom, and Questions try it out. (And anyone else that had a problem. ;) )

Questions
08-15-2006, 09:54 PM
Wow that fixed it. Must have reset the subscreen as passive.

jman2050
08-15-2006, 10:19 PM
It had nothing to do with the subscreens. In fact, it was a problem with the spintiles.

Pineconn
08-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Lol. :p

Anyway, I'll try to see if that Fire Gel bug really exists. I doubt it. It must have been a coincidence in conjunction with the random crashing.

EDIT: Out of interest, why did the spin tiles cause ZC to randomly crash?

Love For Fire
08-15-2006, 11:06 PM
Do you any of the developers know what the final tile numbers for the new future enemies will be on? I have to move my maps and other graphics, but some spaces say that the space is reserved for things like Ice Wizzrobes and Peahat L2.. and so on. I would like to just have to move the tiles around once if possible.

Questions
08-15-2006, 11:11 PM
I have a question.

What is the Selector 2 element?

Pineconn
08-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Ice Wizzrobe? Sounds good. :)

Selection 2? My guess would be with a different type or part of a subscreen. But I actually have no idea. :p

Freedom
08-15-2006, 11:42 PM
You guys got it!
Works in both winderz and fullscreen, cept you just made more work for yourselves, cause now I can open it and tell you about all the other bugz in there. ;)

Glad it was you DN that done it in, a new dev would drag it around like a ball and chain if the mistake had been theirs.

Thanks guys, I know you were pulling your hair out over that one. ;)

Do we just continue to use this test 3 zelda exe or do you plan to release another?

jman2050
08-15-2006, 11:58 PM
12c is coming out tonight.

Shoelace
08-16-2006, 01:06 AM
12c! Wow, I like, I like! And also, a Ice Wizzrobe. :O

rocksfan13
08-16-2006, 08:23 AM
Yay, you guys. That did it. First I tried DN's fix. Same issue. Then I tried jman's fix and it worked. Thanks you guys for working so diligently on this issue. :thumbsup:

Dark Nation
08-16-2006, 08:43 AM
12c is now available in the first post of this thread. The support files have not changed since 12b, so if you already got those, you don't need to download them again, just the program files.

rocksfan13
08-16-2006, 09:21 AM
It's working! No crash bugs here. Thanks DN.

Solair Wright
08-16-2006, 12:31 PM
I still encounter the Graphics Pack grab bug, which hasn't been fixed yet. It still occurs and no one reported it yet.

rocksfan13
08-16-2006, 12:38 PM
Then confirm it here: http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=92830

jman2050
08-16-2006, 01:35 PM
Also,as another addition, labes are now allowed in the scripting language. Just put the label in front of the instruction as so:

Label1 SETV d0,0.45 (Don't use a colon, it isn't neccesary)

Then, if you wnt to jump to that instruction...

GOTO Label1

And it'll automatically generate the right value to jump to.

Rulehy
08-16-2006, 06:04 PM
Do I need to already have ZC 2.12b to get 2.12c to work? Do I need 2.12 to
get 2.12b to work? (sorry if this has been asked already)

Solair Wright
08-16-2006, 06:33 PM
Then confirm it here: http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=92830

That "help" is not going to work. It is a different thread and it has nothing to do with the Graphics Pack glitch.

erm2003
08-16-2006, 06:38 PM
Solair Wright: If you know of a bug then YOU report it. That's why the betas were made public in the first place. Start a new thread, give it the new bug icon (the one with the star) and be specific so that others can confirm that what you are seeing is a bug so that it can be fixed. If it's just the import/export issue, then that has been brought up several times but it's good to confirm if it is or is not working in beta 12b.

Rulehy: You do not need the previous 12 betas if you download from all three links in the first post of this thread: the program files, support files, and the alleg42.dll file.

ShadowTiger
08-16-2006, 06:44 PM
This (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=92830) is the bug he's referring to. Sometimes threads are just hard to find, I guess. :p

I should probably prepare another "Full" Beta package, but I'm wary to do so considering the bugs people found concerning startup earlier. ...

Freedom
08-16-2006, 07:08 PM
I believe the start up bugs are well taken care of ShadowTiger, the 12c seems to be doing well for those of us that were having problems with it closing or crashing. ;)

Pineconn
08-16-2006, 11:38 PM
Yeah it does.

I'm lovin' it. :)

ZC and ZQuest seem to run better. In the previous betas, the cursor would sometimes flicker (even with vsync off) when it hovered over the combo list, but it's smooth in 12c.

_L_
08-18-2006, 05:43 AM
Where's Mac 12c?

I want my FFC Script labels!

Dark Nation
08-18-2006, 07:43 AM
Where's Mac 12c?

I want my FFC Script labels!

Well, Takuya? Where is it? :p

ShadowTiger
08-18-2006, 09:59 AM
ZC and ZQuest seem to run better. In the previous betas, the cursor would sometimes flicker (even with vsync off) when it hovered over the combo list, but it's smooth in 12c.Does that for me in ZQuest; Windowed mode. In the upper half of the combo page, I can't see the box highlighting the combo I'm on. (A topic similar to, but not identical to the cursor, admittedly.) In the lower half, it's fine.

Oh, lol, when I'm running ZQuest in -windowed mode, and click the Fullscreen option under the Etc menu when it's in a Window, (It's not checked when I get there...) ZQuest simply quits in a split second. No error, no nothing. Gone.

Master_of_Power
08-18-2006, 01:13 PM
The cost of the smoothness is, however, Zelda Classic seems to eat all my virtual memory at an excessive rate. After about 10 or 20 minutes I get a pop-up on my start menu that says "Virtual Memory too low - Windows is freeing virtual memory, yada yada yada, during this some programs may close"

then Zelda Classic closes.

Zquest, however, works fine.

Dragonslicer
08-18-2006, 07:15 PM
Are there still backwards-compatibility problems between 2.10 and the latest 2.11 beta? Last time I checked, there really weren't any quests made in 2.11, and the last 2.10 quest I tried had a game-ending bug where a certain trigger didn't run correctly, making it impossible to get any farther in the quest. Is it worth trying 2.10 quests again?

Freedom
08-18-2006, 07:24 PM
I would play quests in the versions they are built in, unless you are only playing them to test the newest beta. ;)

ShadowTiger
08-18-2006, 07:38 PM
Copied from This thread (http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22063) -

http://users.sephiroth.ws/ST/zc/SpinningTileSetup.gif

I'll be going for the weekend, (Back Saturday night, etc.) but until then, this is a fairly adequate way of setting up the thing.

SAVE AND RIP FROM THIS IMAGE!

Okay, my diagram indicates four combos. It's actually a rather nasty way of looping it so it creates a new tile to shoot at you, so it generates an infinite number of them to throw at you. I haven't tested it yet, but if you leave off that last combo, it should work perfectly as a single throw, and it just may even look good (I.e. error-free.) as you do it.

You've got the tiles and most of the setup, so experiment for yourself. :)

Oh, and yes, you are in fact seeing the tile go back into the diamond shaped hole. That's what you combo cycle back into the normal floor so it can spit it back at you. :p Feel free to mess around with it all you'd like.

It's for the NeoFirst / DoR Tileset Palette, though it should be easily recolored into most anything else.

EDIT:

Okay, I finished the rest of the tiles.

http://users.sephiroth.ws/ST/zc/spritesforyou/ShadowTigerSpinningTiles1.gif
Rip and enjoy. It uses pretty much the same format of combos. Experiment as you'd like.

http://users.sephiroth.ws/ST/zc/spritesforyou/ShadowTigerSpinningTilesComboPage1.GIF
This is my combo page setup. Remember, only the first combo uses the Combo Type "Spinning Tile (Immediate)" .. the others just do whatever. Hell, the only thing that actually has animation (That you animate via the frames / speed prompts.) are the combos that cycle to other combos. The spinning of the spinning tiles (The ones that fly at you.) animate simply by having the tiles on the tiles page. You don't animate the actual combo. (See the image.)

For example, take the combo to the right of the "1x" and "*infinity sign*x" combo (Same combo.) You'd see a pot or skull pot or floor tile. To its right, you'll see the spin tile or pot or skull pot with no background. To its right, you'll see the empty tile.

The blue sentence's combo is the only "Spinning Tile (Immediate)" combo in the group. It combo Cycles to the empty tile. To the right of the spinning combo tile is the enemy tile. Notice how I arranged it in the image up there; a spinning tile with a transparent background.

Now, it goes straight across the screen in groups of four. Why? ... I honestly have no idea. Seriously, try to label it like 1111222233334444 and see what happens. You won't be able to follow it. :p It'll be more chaotic than anything else.

jman2050
08-18-2006, 09:06 PM
The first post has been updated with the OS X builds for 12c

Dart Zaidyer
08-18-2006, 09:11 PM
Alright, so I've downloaded the new beta, fire it up aaaaaaaaaaand...

Nothing happens!

Allegro.log is chewing me out for having an incompatible fonts.dat file, but it's the one that came with beta 11.

jman2050
08-18-2006, 09:43 PM
There are news ones for beta 12. Download the support archive for 12 and extract fonts.dat and zquest.dat

idontknow
08-19-2006, 02:05 AM
Jman, your test9 script doesn't work. I mean, i open up test9 quest & the platform does not do anything.

Praethus
08-19-2006, 07:02 AM
It shoud move back and forth diagonally. It's not supposed to do anything but move.

mikepjr2
08-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Finally, thank you so much DN for custom sub screens, i was so sick of seeing triforce when in my quest you are collecting something totally different.
OHHHH WOWWwww i can change all the other words to, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Finlay ZC quests can have something to do with anything but an actual Zelda quest and not have words sitting around that don't fit in.

All i can say is bring on more customizations, i can't wait till you can have talking npc's with message boxes and i mean made easier then making an extra screen that is a duplicate.

Can the monsters be taller to, or just link?
Also with my taller charecter the sword pokes out too low when facing up back in 11, has that been fixed in 12, or was that intended to be that way?
-EDIT-

Found a bad bug, in the sub screen editor from time to time it just crashes, nothing happens but ZC quest editor just closes, i think thats what a crash is.

-EDIT AGAIN-
I found out that, that bug only happens when you try and load up a quest from a previous version, otherwise if you start a new one from scratch you do not get any crashes from anything.

Questions
08-23-2006, 10:25 PM
Soo... when's 12d coming out?:googly:

Dark Nation
08-24-2006, 12:12 PM
Now. Check the first post of the thread. If you already have 12c, you only need the 12d program files.

_L_
08-25-2006, 02:47 AM
Hey, don't forget about the Mac version y'all.

Techokami
08-25-2006, 07:52 PM
Hey, don't forget about the Mac version y'all.

Or the Linux version :)

jman2050
08-25-2006, 08:23 PM
If the computer of mine that has Linux was working, you all would have a Linux version by now.

Nicholas Steel
08-26-2006, 03:30 AM
could you please compress exe files with upx in the future?

jman2050
08-26-2006, 05:09 PM
OS X builds for 12d are now available.

Questions
08-26-2006, 08:09 PM
could you please compress exe files with upx in the future?

What in stans ass is upx?

Nicholas Steel
08-27-2006, 04:38 AM
superior compression tool for EXE files... much better then winrar, winzip, 7-zip, winace etc.

an include the compressed exe's in the next package.... as with it the exe files are reduced to around 500kb ~ .

rama_pot_lomas
08-27-2006, 05:37 PM
I cant make it run in fullscreen
why???
(I have wide screen)

*b*
08-27-2006, 08:57 PM
superior compression tool for EXE files... much better then winrar, winzip, 7-zip, winace etc.

an include the compressed exe's in the next package.... as with it the exe files are reduced to around 500kb ~ .

Considering the fact that you're the only one asking for this, I'm guessing that's not going to happen. .zip is the most common compressed file, and pretty much everyone uses it, and I know that if it were up to me, that'd be what I'd use

zyoss2000
08-29-2006, 06:59 PM
I think I have found a bug in the subscreen. All of the subscreen types are z3 style. How do I change this?

Nicholas Steel
08-29-2006, 11:34 PM
upx compression requires zilch work from the end user... and takes about 15 seconds to do per exe file (if you drag and drop) and reduces the size of the exe far better then anything that i know of and as stated above this requires no work from the end user as decompression is done everytime the exe is run... so at a small (say a few 10'ths of a second) longer load time you can get a considerably smaller zip file containing the exe files plus everything else.

Stecchino
09-03-2006, 09:10 AM
First of all, you guys ROCK.

Secondly, I'm using OS X (10.4.7) on a MacBook (2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo). I don't know if this is the right thread for feedback so point me elsewhere if I'm wrong...

Downloaded beta 12D for Mac OS X and my thoughts were as follows (in order):

Holy crap, that's small, I need to put my contacts in! (Is there no way to change the resolution? Could not find any docuemntation for the Mac beta)
Holy crap, this is Zelda Classic!...in Mac OS X!!
Repeat and dwelled upon #2.
ZC uses about 45% of my processor which I suppose not because it's a hog of a game but because it's not a universal binary and is running through Rosetta emulation...
Repeat #2.

I'm so pumped you guys are working on a Mac version. I'm not a programmer but I'm willing to help in any way to debug and test the Mac version and will subscribe to this thread if that's the best to way to help. Just let me know.

Also, any tips on the resolution change and/or full screen?

Rakki
09-03-2006, 09:58 AM
Only 45%, Stecchino? My resources get taken up between 55% and 60%. :p Zelda Classic's just a RAM intensive program, you know. As for the small screen problem... If you know what the Macintosh equivalent of Windows' Command Line is, then that's where you'd go to set the option "-scale x2", I believe it is. It's either that or "-large", I think.

_L_
09-03-2006, 10:25 AM
Tip for the Mac version: when you take screenshots, the .bmp files are actually created within the application package. Control-click Zelda Classic and "Show Package Contents" to find them.

Tesseract
09-03-2006, 11:03 AM
The Mac version crashes on launch for me. Is there someone I should send the crash log to?

Stecchino
09-03-2006, 01:06 PM
OnlyAs for the small screen problem... If you know what the Macintosh equivalent of Windows' Command Line is, then that's where you'd go to set the option "-scale x2", I believe it is. It's either that or "-large", I think.

You referring to Terminal? And if so, I have no idea how to use it, but I'll try to search and see how I can use those commands to change the size.

Thanks!

_L_
09-04-2006, 12:10 AM
I've worked out how to change the size. First, Show Package Contents. Then, open ag.cfg in TextEdit, and change the lines that say
resx = 320
resy = 240to, I dunno, something like
resx = 800
resy = 600

Stecchino
09-04-2006, 08:49 AM
I've worked out how to change the size. First, Show Package Contents. Then, open ag.cfg in TextEdit...

I was hoping it'd be as simple as that. :shakeno:

My obeservations when trying this:

1. When setting resx and resy to 800 and 600, respectively, I get a game picture that is slightly bigger than the original 320 x 240 but is much smaller than 800 x 600. Also, the game becomes centered in the screen and the rest of the screen goes black, as if I invoked some sort of full-screen mode.

2. At 1024 x 768, the same full-screen effect happens with the black background (a screen capture attempt only revealed a completely black picture) but the game actually runs smaller than the "800 x 600" version. It appears to run at the original 320 x 240. :confused:

Nicholas Steel
09-04-2006, 08:51 AM
don't forget to change the "sbig = 0" line to "sbig = 1"

Stecchino
09-04-2006, 09:01 AM
don't forget to change the "sbig = 0" line to "sbig = 1"

Okay, doing what _L_ suggested and changing sbig to 1 made a big difference. At 800 x 600 it's a notable difference and a more enjoyable playing size although it still doesn't appear to be a full 800 x 600. Also, that full screen effect comes into play again which is fine, but if you ever want to leave Zelda Classic you have to save and quit, it doesn't allow you command-tab away or interact with anything else.

Also, the 1024 x 768 runs bigger than it did before but still smaller than the 800 x 600 setting.

Stecchino
09-04-2006, 09:20 AM
You referring to Terminal? And if so, I have no idea how to use it, but I'll try to search and see how I can use those commands to change the size.

Thanks!

Rakki, I found this article (http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/macosxhints/2006/08/guiscale/index.php) from MacWorld, here's an excerpt:

Set scaling per application
To change only a given application’s scale factor, you just need to use a modified version of the above command. iTunes, for instance, can be scaled down with this command (quit iTunes first):

defaults write com.apple.iTunes AppleDisplayScaleFactor .75

When you launch iTunes, you’ll see the shrunken window as in my screenshot above—assuming you’re using the mini controller. But it’s not just the mini controller that’s been scaled down; every iTunes window, along with its menus, is now at 75 percent of normal size. The only tricky part about setting application-specific scaling is determining the com.apple.iTunes portion of the command. You need to find out what each application names its preferences.The key here being that it doesn't appear Zelda Classic uses a traditional preferences file (.plist). "Info.plist" is in Zelda Classic package contents -> Contents but that wouldn't seem to work.