PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Radcliffe has no sense of pride

Tygore
08-14-2006, 01:05 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/5223520.stm

Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe is to appear on the London stage next year, playing a stable boy who has an erotic relationship with his horses.

Richard Griffiths will co-star in the revival of Peter Shaffer's 1973 play Equus, to open in the capital in March.
Radcliffe and Griffiths are currently shooting the fifth Harry Potter film.
The role will require Radcliffe, 17, to appear naked and symbolically blind six horses. Richard Burton and Peter Firth starred in the 1977 film version.
Firth played disturbed stable boy Alan Strang in the original London stage production and later on Broadway.
Equus will be directed by Thea Sharrock, director of the Gate fringe theatre in Notting Hill, west London.
The controversial play marks a departure for Radcliffe, whose only previous stage appearance in London was as a guest star in The Play What I Wrote, directed by Kenneth Branagh.
He recently completed filming December Boys, an independent Australian film about four orphans growing up in the 1960s.

If you need me, my brain will be collapsing over in the corner.

goKi
08-14-2006, 01:11 AM
I wonder if he'll be playing with his wand in this one?

Beldaran
08-14-2006, 03:23 AM
He played Harry Potter. What gave you the impression he had any pride to begin with?

{DSG}DarkRaven
08-14-2006, 07:52 AM
I agree with Beldaran. Just because he looks like some wizard nerd that millions of fanatical readers with poor taste in literature worship doesn't mean he's actually got anything to brag about.

Archibaldo
08-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe is to appear on the London stage next year, playing a stable boy who has an erotic relationship with his horses.

They actually do those plays in London?

Darth Marsden
08-14-2006, 04:38 PM
Yeah, we just call them 'arthouse' plays.

He's an actor. He's playing a role. What's the big deal? Why's this any different from Lolita? Let him do it. It's his call.

Dechipher
08-14-2006, 10:33 PM
I would consider this the correct action, actually. It shows he's serious about acting. Just because he's a very well known actor because of one series of films doesn't mean he doesn't want to do "serious" acting as well. Who says Tommy Lee can't do drumline?

Tygore
08-15-2006, 01:26 AM
I would consider this the correct action, actually. It shows he's serious about acting. Just because he's a very well known actor because of one series of films doesn't mean he doesn't want to do "serious" acting as well. Who says Tommy Lee can't do drumline?

Yeah, but dude. Horse sex. There are plenty of serious opportunities out there that don't involve having an "erotic relationship" with a horse.

koopa
08-15-2006, 07:09 AM
That's London for you. I just hope all his underage fans won't be coming to watch their star perform. Kids and sex don't mix in my opinon, and the same for animal sex. It's what I'd call "wrong".

I know it's a play, but I still find it disgusting. It's one of those things I don't really want to know.

Darth Marsden
08-15-2006, 07:21 AM
I'm sure they'll have people 'at the door', as it were, to turn the underage away and warn people what they're letting themselves in for.

Archibaldo
08-15-2006, 08:47 AM
So it's pretty much going to a play and watching a man fuck a horse? How many people show up for this kind of thing?

Modus Ponens
08-15-2006, 09:39 PM
I say good for him. This happens to be a well-known and well-received play, and is quite serious. It may help him not become typecast, as he certainly will if he's not careful.

Glitch
08-16-2006, 12:50 AM
I totally just got wood.

Darth Marsden
08-16-2006, 06:42 AM
You would, ya freak.

Riverman: Sadly, he always will be known as Harry Potter. No matter what else he does, that's what'll end up on his gravestone. But hey, if he can show that he can do other things as well, then I'm all for it.

AtmaWeapon
08-17-2006, 12:24 AM
Ahahaha I wonder how many fan fictions about this very subject already exist