PDA

View Full Version : Isle of the Winds Bug

SubjectToChange
08-11-2006, 04:59 AM
Ok, I'm new to this, so I'm not sure if this is where I should post this or not, but I was playing Isle of the Winds, a custom quest by DarkFlameWolf, and I was playing the level c dungeon, and after I beat the dungeon and got the red armor, I saved it, and when I continued my game, it put me in the room I got the red armor in, but Link isn't there and there's nothing I can do except start over, which I really didn't wanna do. Btw, I'm playing on the v2.10.

Tygore
08-11-2006, 05:35 AM
This would go in Quest Announcement/Discussion, since it's a bug of a particular quest (most likely) and not a bug with ZC itself.

erm2003
08-11-2006, 09:21 AM
This is a continue problem with older quests being played in version 2.10 and unfortunately, it's game ending. You have two ways around this. You can download the newest version here (http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&id=84) and try overwriting your old quest file. If you are lucky, you may be able to continue playing your quest with the updates DFW made a couple months ago. If that still doesn't work, you should download ZC 1.92 beta 183 from here (http://zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net/downloads.php#zc) to play this quest in it's proper version.

ShadowTiger
08-11-2006, 11:13 AM
* Moving to Custom Quest Discussion *

This is indeed a bug, but one that's been fixed in even previous versions between 2.10 and 2.11 Beta 11. It likely wouldn't happen in the later versions. It also wouldn't happen if quest authors would place all the Link Start Positions in EVERY ROOM. XD I'm talking to you, DFW. ;) :p

DarkFlameWolf
08-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Meh, my quests are finalized at this point as far as I'm concerned. Just have players be reminded that every single one of my quests is best played using beta 183, ver 1.92 and they'll be right as rain. :D

Pineconn
08-11-2006, 05:36 PM
Yup, I've fallen victim to this bug before in this very quest. Actually, it was in Level A, about a year ago. I had to restart the quest from the beginning. The mistake is that...

a) there is no green flag down, as ST said
b) you aren't using the correct version! If you used the correct version, this bug would not have happened in the first place. :p