PDA

View Full Version : Screen Flag: Don't display Link's Position on Status Bar Map

_L_
08-11-2006, 01:52 AM
That coloured square on the Status Bar Map representing Link? Well, I'd like an option to disable that on a screen-by-screen basis.

Consider the Lost Woods in Hero of Dreams, which is a side warp maze concocted of a set of rooms which are supposed to be identical-looking* - but you can differentiate between them by observing how Link's position on the map changes.

*Not really, but just go with it.

Shoelace
08-11-2006, 02:02 AM
I like this suggestion because there are a lot of warps to identical-looking screens like for strings where you will see Link's position jump around. That would be cool if you could turn it off.

It would also be cool, if there was a tab on screen flags, where you can put in where Link's postion will be on the map. For example, if you put in 71, that is where Link's postion will be on that screen. If you just leave it alone, it will just take the orginal postion.

Nicholas Steel
08-11-2006, 05:16 AM
just use direct warps shoelace?... that way you don't jump around during a convo.

Mega Link
08-11-2006, 08:54 AM
Or anotherway they could do this (saves a lot of screen data work) is make a new dmap type... Lost Woods! This is the same as the overworld, exept it doesn't display Link's position. :D

erm2003
08-11-2006, 09:30 AM
This is a good idea. A screen flag would definitely be more fitting since there could be many uses of this feature, including but not limited to: direct warps for conversations, custom houses or caves, lost woods areas, etc.

Shoelace
08-11-2006, 02:21 PM
ust use direct warps shoelace?... that way you don't jump around during a convo.

I do use direct warps. Link's postion changes on the mini map because he moves to the idential screen. If you played Hero of Dreams, you will notice that my Link jumps a lot, especially during events (as I have a lot of them). That is why I don't have maps in houses, so you can't see Link jump around because that got annoying. But you do notice the jumping a lot in the overworld.

ShadowTiger
08-11-2006, 03:31 PM
It would also be cool, if there was a tab on screen flags, where you can put in where Link's postion will be on the map. For example, if you put in 71, that is where Link's postion will be on that screen. If you just leave it alone, it will just take the orginal postion.This is such an amazing idea, Shoelace. I was going to suggest a screen flag to just keep Link's Start position solitary, regardless of change, (So no matter where you warp or now, your Position indicator would stay where it is before you warped, and wouldn't be affected by subsequent warps if the screen flag is still on for those new rooms.) This method is so much better because you can tell the player where you are, even without being there. Oh, man, think of the mazes you can make! (If you thought side-warp driven mazes were confusing, just wait until you hit one that merges both side warps and this nasty little trap. >:-D Heheheh.)

ECNM
08-11-2006, 04:22 PM
This would be so much fun! In my current quest, I plan on having the Lost Woods be an entire dungeon(Level 7, to be exact). Which, of course, would be so much better with this.