PDA

View Full Version : how to... arrow counter?

Freedom
08-10-2006, 05:30 PM
Working on a "custom" subscreen I wanted to add the quiver and arrow system.

got the quiver in, got the mini arrow tile in below the bombs (block) etc.

got the X before the count number.

So how do I get an actual counter?

I added a counter (single not block) but it says 99 all the time and once placed in position it won't let me edit it, so I have to cancel the screen to not save the counter that I can't edit.
I set it as one digit and tried both 0 and 1.

*b*
08-10-2006, 06:03 PM
Working on a "custom" subscreen I wanted to add the quiver and arrow system.

got the quiver in, got the mini arrow tile in below the bombs (block) etc.

got the X before the count number.

So how do I get an actual counter?

I added a counter (single not block) but it says 99 all the time and once placed in position it won't let me edit it, so I have to cancel the screen to not save the counter that I can't edit.
I set it as one digit and tried both 0 and 1.
I think the counter values are dependant on the init. data value; The amount you start off with. If you don't start with any, I think it shows 99 by default. Don't worry, it'll work in the game

Freedom
08-10-2006, 06:10 PM
You were right, only took me 4 hours to figure all of that out, get everything set up, and get it working.
Finally got it working right before I read your post. ;)

What's a good maximum number of arrows to carry, would that be 30 the size of the large quiver?

ECNM
08-10-2006, 07:44 PM
I'd personally go with 30, although I have no clue how the Quivers work, 30-40 arrows should be safe.

Freedom
08-10-2006, 08:45 PM
I was wondering what the total you could carry in LTTP was, I don't remember any more, I should have been more specific. ;)

ShadowTiger
08-10-2006, 09:17 PM
99 is. Went 0 / 30 / 60 / 99.

Personally though, I'd say 20 is a good number for a reasonable quest. They do fully two hit points of damage, sail across all terrain types, you need no maximum health status to fire one, and apparently, and it won't waste a single rupee. (When true arrows are on, obviously.) 20 is more than enough arrows for a puzzle, and a good number for combat.

Nicholas Steel
08-10-2006, 10:13 PM
yep in LTTP you could have a maximum of 99 bombs and arrows i think. (the arrows are definatly maxed at 99.)

Freedom
08-10-2006, 10:49 PM
I don't think 20 would be enough.
Are any enemies set to drop arrows yet?

erm2003
08-11-2006, 12:27 AM
The maximum arrows in LttP was 70 and bombs was 50. It was the most you could get from the Great Fairy upgrades. However in later games, such as Minish Cap, you can hold up to 99 of each in increments similar to what ST suggested.

Nicholas Steel
08-11-2006, 04:59 AM
oooh musta been only rememberin' when i used game genie cheats to set them over 999 each.... lol.