PDA

View Full Version : Copying/Pasting/Deleting/Selecting Subscreens

CJC
08-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Okay, this one's important so don't lose me here.

Firstly, implementing custom subscreens is virtually impossible right now. The only option you can select from 'Master Subscreen' other than the pre-made ones is custom, and then it only uses the first subscreens labeled 'Top Subscreen (Triforce), Top Subscreen (Dungeon Map), Bottom Subscreen (Magic), and Bottom Subscreen (No Magic)'.

This is a royal pain in the rear, as it makes starting from scratch completely pointless.

So I propose one of these two ideas to put into the next beta.

Add a 'C' and 'V' hotkey function to copy subscreens and paste them over others. Also enable the deletion of subscreens.

or

Alter the Master Subscreen selection to have multiple pulldowns:

The first being Top Subscreen (Triforce)
The second being Top Subscreen (Dungeon Map)
The third being Bottom Subscreen (Magic)
And the last being Bottom Subscreen (No Magic)

These lists would include all the staff-created subscreens, as well as any subscreen layout present in the 'Subscreens' section of the program.

And that's all I've got. It's a problem, so I'd hope there would be something that could fix it.

ECNM
08-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Oh god, I want this feature. This problem encouraged me to combine the Triforce and Dungeon Map subscreens so that I wouldn't have to set everything up again.

Questwizard88
08-09-2006, 05:03 PM
There's no doubt that this is needed. I'd like to see both ways implemented, since we'll need the four separate dropdowns, and we'll also need copy, paste, and delete functions.

CJC
08-09-2006, 07:52 PM
Well, I've just noticed that subscreen types are selectable by dmap, so the second half of my suggestion is really already in the program.

Still, having a copy/paste function is going to be important anyway.