PDA

View Full Version : Star wars quest

zeldafan500
08-08-2006, 12:46 PM
I'm making a star wars quest. Heres some screenshots. The first one is inside a spaceship, and the second one is link getting a lightsaber. http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k200/shadowcelibi/zelda008.jpg http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k200/shadowcelibi/zelda009.jpg

zeldafan500
08-09-2006, 09:13 PM
Wht Does No One Ever Reply To Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zeldafan500
08-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Creeps! You all disgust me.

erm2003
08-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Your thread has only been up for 1 day. Not everyone is on here all the time so don't expect your thread to be responded to that quick. The way you respond to that and blatantly violate the rules of this forum really don't attract people to want to help you out. Offending people is probably not a great way to grab attention either.

That being said, I guess I don't understand why you are still using Link with a Star Wars quest. Maybe you plan on changing the Link tiles, but you haven't mentioned that so I don't know. I am going to tell you that many people aren't too interested in playing quests that base themselves off of the original Zelda graphics unless you make some major adjustments, and that doesn't mean just re-coloring. My only quest that has been completed uses these graphics and probably hasn't received enough attention because of it. It’s a good tileset to use when learning the program, but I know just by looking at the screen shots you won’t get much attention based on the looks of other quests that are in development.

The idea itself is good. I know there was a group of designers that wanted to create a Star Wars quest and I don’t know if that is still continuing or if that died down. You may want to see if there are tiles available that you can use to beef up the graphics a bit.

Keep on trying and as you learn ZQuest more you will start to get much better in your design.

Qun Mang
08-10-2006, 05:29 PM
The lightsaber should not be red. Crimson (red) represents a Sith saber. Green or blue would be good color choices.

zeldafan500
08-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Oh, I never knew that the colors of the light sabers resembled witch side you were on.

that guy
08-15-2006, 04:23 PM
Then as politely as I can say it you should probably do some more research into the star wars galaxy before you make a quest that is meant to emulate it.

zeldafan500
08-17-2006, 10:22 AM
I know alot about starwars. (though I have only seen 1 movie) I think I'm going to make the main character yoda instead of link.

erm2003
08-17-2006, 12:22 PM
I know alot about starwars. (though I have only seen 1 movie) I think I'm going to make the main character yoda instead of link.

Then you better watch the other 5 before you consider making a quest on the series. Star Wars is one of those things you don't want to mess up because then everyone will let you know about it.

that guy
08-18-2006, 12:32 PM
I agree

that guy
08-18-2006, 12:34 PM
And if you really like the series and want to learn the full story, don't just watch the movies, read more of the books as well. They are chock full of stuff that you will never find in the movies.

Zelda_Warrior
08-19-2006, 12:40 AM
erm2003 if your referring to 'a group of developers making a starwars quest' as me or the one on purezc, i discountinued mine due to lack of support, graphics were a major problem for me and I decided to scrap it

erm2003
08-19-2006, 09:07 AM
erm2003 if your referring to 'a group of developers making a starwars quest' as me or the one on purezc, i discountinued mine due to lack of support, graphics were a major problem for me and I decided to scrap it

That's what I thought. It's too bad the support went down because you guys did get quite a few things going and I do remember seeing some tiles that you guys were ripping in the thread. It would have been nice to see something come out of all that.