PDA

View Full Version : Item Properties

idontknow
08-07-2006, 04:29 PM
I think that the Misc->Item Properties menu should be a full-fledge menu where you can customize just about every item (but only in a limited way)

For now, you can enable/disable sword beams for each sword, set how many HCs are required for swords, change how potions combine & how many hearts recover items refill, and set the number of Hookshot Links. This is a great start. Perhaps there could also be...

1. A magic 'tab' and when you click on it, a list of all items that use magic will appear & next to each item, you can edit how much magic it takes to use those items. (The default values will appear when you first access this menu)

2. In another tab/sub-menu, you could change the max. number of arrows each quiver holds, the max. number of rupees each wallet holds, & the max. number of bombs each bomb bag holds. Again, all default values appear here but you can change 'em.

3. A "projectiles" tab where you can determine the following:
-Speed of magic projectile (so you can make it slower or faster)
-Speed of arrows w/ Small Bow
-Speed of arrows w/ Large Bow
-Speed of Boomerangs
-Distance away from Link that each boomerang can travel, before it returns to Link (can be different for wooden, magic, & fire)
-A check box for each of Link's projectiles that determines whether or not it will grab items for him (Hookshot, arrows, magic, sword beams, b'rangs, etc.)

Plus little tweaks to other items perhaps. What do you think?

{DSG}DarkRaven
08-07-2006, 11:43 PM
I think it would be strange if we didn't have this ability eventually. But it catches me as the sort of thing that'd be nice to have, but not particularly pertinent. I'd be happy to see this in, but it should be a low priority item, for the moment. Opening up all those properties to change could easily bring up engine issues, because there are going to be people who will take values to the extreme. Granted, those issues will probably be very minor, but the point is not user inconvenience, but developer inconvenience. It'd be something more they'd have to try and fix.

Maybe I'm completely wrong about all of this, and it's an easy thing to put in. Good idea, regardless.

Dark Nation
08-08-2006, 08:24 AM
It's coming eventually. Right now, it's sort of a patchwork instead of a full editor.