PDA

View Full Version : Strings font and color

firefly
08-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Ver: 2.11 beta 11

Be able to change the font and the color of a string.
I mean, it would be amazing if you'd be able to make a guy say this:

http://www.zelda.a22.biz/zeldaclassic/hylian.gif

Don't you agree?

ECNM
08-07-2006, 02:24 PM
Aye, and a font shadow option would be nice, too.

That gives me an idea for a "speech translator item". Like, have a font and an alternate font, and have certain Guys use the alternate font, unless you have a translation item.

Shoelace
08-07-2006, 02:52 PM
I always wanted this. But I would want to be able to change the font throughout the string. So it can have the feel that the Wind Waker had. Little words when they were whispering and big letters when they yell. And also do the thing they do in Ocarina of time. Make the important words Red. So when I make my strings I could give bigger clues with colors. :P

ECNM
08-07-2006, 02:58 PM
Oooo, that'd be nice. I always put the character who is speaking's name first. Having that be green or red would be ultra-nice.

ShadowTiger
08-07-2006, 03:50 PM
Honestly, the only thing I've ever wanted for in terms of strings, is a button that, while editing a string, allows you to make a new string, send you into that string so you're editing that new string, and link the string you were just working on to the string you're working on now. (Now that you've made this new string and switched to it via that button.)

It'd make things just so much easier. > <.

I'm not really sure, but in terms of strings, the font would still have to be a monospace font. I mean, think of how it's done in ZQuest. You only get so many characters per string. If the font was smaller, the font's visual aspects would change, but you'd still have x amounts of characters per string.