PDA

View Full Version : Climb Combo Type

ECNM
08-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Yes, obviously, you can already make ladders, ropes, vines and so on to "climb" on. But how about this: a combo type that when Link is on it, he is always facing north, and moves slowly. This way we can imitate entire climbable WALLS along with a simple ladder or such.

Also, to go with it, a quest rule to disable items and sword usage while on a climb combo.

--Edit--
Should this be in the other suggestions forum? If so, please move it.

ShadowTiger
08-07-2006, 04:12 PM
Meh. I love the suggestion. It's been suggested before, but I'm not sure how impossible it is. I know it's just the sort of suggestion that ZC needs more of though. :)

ECNM
08-07-2006, 04:36 PM
I was kind of wondering why no one thought of it before.

_L_
08-09-2006, 04:24 AM
I too approve of this suggestion.

Shoelace
08-09-2006, 04:36 AM
Oh it has be suggested a lot, but it is just they never got to it. I think this and the slash -> next combo has been suggested many times. And I am still awaiting the 2nd one. :(

*b*
08-09-2006, 05:35 AM
To go with this, there should be a new set of Link sprites for each direction of climbing; north, south, east and west

ECNM
08-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Right now, I'd be happy with him just facing north. But hey, why not?

Questwizard88
08-09-2006, 05:07 PM
I'd like to see these too. It could probably be done something like this:

Screen flags: Climb: Only U/D (makes it so you can only go up and down, and Link will always face north regardless.
Climb: Toggle item usage (Toggles item usage while on climb combos. Checking this while the quest rule below is on will just make it so you can use items on them, etc.)

Quest Rule: No item use while climbing (Obvious)