PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Classic 2.11 Beta 11

Dark Nation
08-06-2006, 11:09 PM
Get it here:

Windows: Zelda Classic 2.11 beta 11 Windows (10+ update) (http://darknation.armageddongames.net/zc/zc211b11w.zip) - If you already have beta 10 or 10b, unzip this into that folder. Or, better yet, copy the folder then unzip this into the copy.
Linux: Not available yet

ZC Beta 11 list:
Lots of stuff (I'll try to compile a complete list later on), but here are the main highlights.
1. Added a longshot (hookshot 2)
2. The hookshot and longshot have customizable maximum lengths and number of chain links.
3. Fairies (stationary and moving) and potions (blue and red) have customizable hp and mp recovery options.
4. Subscreen editor
5. Quest rule to make red potions not turn into blue potions when used (they disappear instead).
6. ZQuest screen grid that can be toggled and the color changed.
7. ZQuest option to turn off Copy/Move/Overwrite Tile Protection.
8. New audio engine for NSF/GBS/GYM/VGM support and SPC support should be better now.
9. Lots of bugs fixed. Check the bug forums for a list.

If you submitted a bug that we "fixed" (check the quarantined bug forums if you can't remember), please test it and post in your bug report thread to let us know if this fixed it.

BACK UP YOUR QUESTS BEFORE YOU USE THIS ON THEM!

idontknow
08-06-2006, 11:19 PM
the link is not working

ShadowTiger
08-06-2006, 11:24 PM
Worked for me. IDK: If you're in Mozilla Firefox, try Ctrl+Clicking on it, or copy the URL to your URL bar and "go there."

If ZQuest's font is messed up, Replace your fonts.dat with this file (http://users.sephiroth.ws/ST/zc/fonts.dat).

Let the bug-testing begin.

*has found a bug already* > <.

EDIT: ... *Notes below post* ... ... Alright, this voids most of this post. :rolleyes: *lol* Eh, good spirits all around.

Dark Nation
08-06-2006, 11:24 PM
Try again. I had to do an emergency reupload (a file was missing from the zip archive).

idontknow
08-06-2006, 11:57 PM
Woah! This subscreen editor looks awesome! (However, confusing too!) I was just messing around with it. I was in the editor & clicked "Edit-->New" and then went to add in a new counter. I was trying to make an arrow counter using the original subscreen type, however, this wouldn't appear. Is it not possible to not add things to the existing template yet?

Questwizard88
08-06-2006, 11:58 PM
All I can say so far is WOW! Wasn't expecting such a good Subscreen Editor, though I do have one question about it. Is it possible to edit the part that shows while you're playing, or am I missing something somewhere?

EDIT: I must really be losing it today... Forget about that question...

jman2050
08-07-2006, 12:06 AM
The subscren editor is he 'special feature' we've been talking about for months btw. It really is a nifty system and should make quest building far more dynamic than before. It's really quite powerful.

It is not, however, the 'revolution' I teased you about earlier. Maybe next beta ;)

idontknow
08-07-2006, 12:20 AM
Well i'm thinkin probably a custom item editor of sorts to go along with the custom subscreen editor. BTW, can a developer please post a thread with a basic tutorial of how to use this, or at the very least, a list of functions for what the various options & buttons do?

Additionally, how do you change the function of the selection icon (for selecting your B item in the game?) And is it now possible to have 2 item selections, 1 for your B-item & 1 for your A-item? It seems like it since there's now Selection 1 & Selection 2 sprites and also since you could put the 'Sword' in the subscreen item box. If so, how?

WindStrike
08-07-2006, 12:28 AM
Excuse me while I go and explore this little subscreen editor you speak of. You developers are gods to me.
Yep, that whole subscreen editor = uber sweetness.
As for all of the other features... those are also great.

Oh thank the heavens... that blasted scroll bug is gone. Makes things so much faster and easier... wow I sound horrible. Better get some sleep, hehehe...

Questions
08-07-2006, 12:51 AM
QUESTION!!

With the Hookshot/Longshot Length how is it based really? By pixel? By Combo?

Limzo
08-07-2006, 03:21 AM
How do I access the subscreen editor?
I'm impatient and too gidy to think straight.

Never mind, I forgot to download, I just coppied.

Nicholas Steel
08-07-2006, 03:50 AM
so... does this require any other file to work? like alleg42.dll? because if it does wouldnt it make sense to also link to a full package aswell? or are beta's released like this to stop computer newbs from using them?

Shoelace
08-07-2006, 03:56 AM
Nice. Awesome. Etc. :P

I am going to mess around with the subscreen thing! Hopefully there is an option for the map to not overwrite the background map, because then I could make awesome maps!

DarkDragon
08-07-2006, 04:20 AM
franpa, yes, you will need the other support files. They haven't changed since the last beta.

*b*
08-07-2006, 05:04 AM
4. Subscreen editor
7. ZQuest option to turn off Copy/Move/Overwrite Tile Protection.

THANK YOU

Item suggestion for the afore mentioned Red Potion option; Red Pot. Full, and Red Pot. Half. Use the Red Pot. Full once, and it becomes Red Pot. Half, then using that will remove it from the inventory

[edit] Now, if we only had an item/weapon positioning editor, which included both left and right directions...

koopa
08-07-2006, 05:28 AM
Some of my contributions:

Mass combo copy. Select a range of combos and press SHIFT-V to copy to all of them. Like this you can quickly make several copies of one combo. If you had several combos selected when you pressed C, it'll make several copies of the whole block until the selection is completely filled.
Mass tile overlay. Select a tile and press C to copy, then select a group and press SHIFT-O to overlay onto all of them at once. Hold CTRL too ot mass underlay.
Insert/Delete combos. On the combo page, press I on a combo to insert a new combo before it. All combos from this one on move one to the right on the combos page, but the actual screens shouldn't be affected. The last combo on the last page gets overwritten. In the same way, press SHIFT-I to delete the durrent combo and move all following ones to the left one place. This trick should help reorganizing combo pages a lot.

Note: Due to the way tiles are handled, mass tile copy is best done this way: Select destination range and press DEL. Select source tile, press C. Select destination range again, and press SHIFT-O. (There's no SHIFT-V to do it directly.) If you copy a range of tiles, zquest will make one copy of them all regardless of how big the selection is when you paste.

Garbage combos
I found and fixed something that might have been causing them. I hope this was it - if it wasn't, remember that my new tricks have a great potential for triggering them. So remember the golden rule and make backups! Do so before you try anything new out, and you should be safe. If you do see any garbage combos (combos randomly appearing, moving, changing ... either in the combo pages or on screens) a report in the bug threads would be nice.

Dark Nation
08-07-2006, 07:49 AM
The hookshot and longshot length are in tiles (currently). Should I make it pixels instead? Right now, if you have the hookshot and its length is set to 3, you won't be able to snag a grab combo that is 3 tiles away unless you are below it (since link can actually walk a 1/2 tile upwards).

As for the arrow counter not showing up, are you just looking in the subscreen editor or in actual game play? I think that the number used in the subscreen editor is the number you have set in the init data (so if you set 17 arrows, the arrow counter should show 17). Also, the True Arrows quest rule may be a factor.

Now, you can't select 2 items. The Selector 1 and 2 are so you can have a foreground and background selection image (for instance, a rotating crystal such as Nayru's Love). Just one of the selection items behind all of your items and the other in front. I think that most (if not all) of the default subscreens have this set up already.

The next beta should have an easier Z3 subscreen (you will be able to set tiles and stuff from the Sprites menu).

I'm working on a tutorial. Most of the stuff is fairly easy. The Magic Gauge Piece and the Life Gauge Piece are quite possibly two of the most complicated things in ZQuest to understand but are easily the most versatile and powerful subscreen parts.

rocksfan13
08-07-2006, 09:15 AM
Just one thing nobody noticed. Nothing stopping it from working. The names are backwards.
The top subscreen is really the bottom and the bottom is really the top.

But, totally wicked! I love it!

Dark Nation
08-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Names are backwards where?

idontknow
08-07-2006, 10:20 AM
Hey since now we can edit counters, can we have a custom counter we can add for "Misc 1" & "Misc 2" items? Each time we pick up that item, it adds to that counter. Then we could have things like Skulltula coins or something.

Eventually something could be implemented, like a shop where you buy things using your misc item, or a screen flag called "If Misc item = [ ], trigger secrets" (you'd check this off & then insert a number in the box)

Questions
08-07-2006, 10:23 AM

*KHUGGLES Idontknow*

EDIT: Another Question. How do I select minitiles on the Subscreen Editor? I can only get the upper left.

rocksfan13
08-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Names are backwards where?
In the subscreen editor.

ECNM
08-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Oh god yay! It has everything I decided I wanted ZQuest to have like, yesterday! I chose the perfect time to start working with ZQuest, didn't I? Also, keep the hookshot length by tiles. That's easier to understand for newbies, like myself.

Questions
08-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Another Question.

In the subcreen editor when working with "Current Items" what does Up/Down/Left/Right select mean?

WindStrike
08-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Hm... I think the whole hookshot length thing should stay the same in tiles, but mayhaps it can have like, 2 extra pixels as a given extra length to reach grab combos regardless of whether you are below (Maybe...), in line with it, or above it?

Heh... that's pretty funny. From version 1.92 to 2.10, there have been quite a few features added. From 2.10 to 2.11, there'll be WAY MORE features added. We all know that, right? Now... look at the number difference...:
2.10 - 1.92 = .18
2.11 - 2.11 = .01
... lol

Questions
08-07-2006, 01:02 PM
Yeah ZC should be at like 3.50 or something lol.

Anyway Questions wants his Questions answered (LMAO!) jman I know you're reading this :P

On a completely different note if the subscreen editor is *NOT* the revolution jman was talking about what could it be then. (and please don't badger him about this anyone.)

ECNM
08-07-2006, 01:12 PM
Big note. I believe you may have forgotten the Bomb Bag in the subscreen editor. I can't find it on the list.

Questions
08-07-2006, 01:16 PM
I don't think that the Bomb Bag is quite done yet. :)

ECNM
08-07-2006, 01:32 PM
Well. That would obviously explain that, wouldn't it?

Also, the revolution could be... an ENEMY EDITOR? Meh. Probably not. But that's all I can think of.

bigjoe
08-07-2006, 01:38 PM
With the subscreen editor in place, an enemy editor would complete ZC, im my opinion.

Maybe the enemy editor is already being worked on, it just hasn't been made visible in the interface yet. Thats what I THOUGHT was going on with the subscreens. They might be using it now to make the newer enemies or something. XD

Mega Link
08-07-2006, 01:39 PM
2.11 - 2.11 = .01
Bring in the calculator! It's 2.11 - 2.10 = .01, NOT

2.11 - 2.11 = .01

Mega Link is right.
See... I was right.

Opps! Sorry for my sarcasim!

erm2003
08-07-2006, 01:40 PM
Hm... I think the whole hookshot length thing should stay the same in tiles, but mayhaps it can have like, 2 extra pixels as a given extra length to reach grab combos regardless of whether you are below (Maybe...), in line with it, or above it?

Agreed. Tiles would be easier I think for everyone to understand.

Heh... that's pretty funny. From version 1.92 to 2.10, there have been quite a few features added. From 2.10 to 2.11, there'll be WAY MORE features added. We all know that, right? Now... look at the number difference...:
2.10 - 1.92 = .18
2.11 - 2.11 = .01
... lol

That's because there was a virus going around a while back called Zelda Classic 2.0 so they had to skip version numbers. Check out old news articles on the ZC mainpage.

EDIT:

Bring in the calculator! It's 2.10 - 2.11 = .01
Actually, it's -.01, you put the 2.10 in the wrong spot. :D

EDIT2: Ha ha, I caught it before you could change it!

Dlbrooks33
08-07-2006, 02:31 PM
I found a whole lot of bugs as soon as i ran it.
1.You can't play midi's when you choose play music.
2.When in the subscreen editor and you set W: and H: to different numbers, they go right back to the way they were the first time.
3.HCP still shoes the item instead of the quarter, half, third and empty.
4.The hammer shoes a whole bunch of jibberish even when you set it to the correct animation in Zquest.
5.Enhanced music still not fixed.
6.when you play mp3's in Zquest the volume is extremely low.
7.Quivers and Bombags aren't saved nor do they show up in the subscreen.

Other than those I like what you did keep up the awesome work ;)
I also see you can save them as 2.10 quests which means we can make a quest with these great features and submit them to PZC and ZC ;).

ECNM
08-07-2006, 02:39 PM
The question is... Will these great features still work?!?! (DUN-DUN-DUUUUN!)

Seriously, will they?

koopa
08-07-2006, 03:11 PM
1.You can't play midi's when you choose play music.

5.Enhanced music still not fixed.

1. Bug confirmed, and DN fixed it I think.
5. Details please.

Dlbrooks33
08-07-2006, 03:52 PM
i mean when you go to enhanced music, when you click load all it shoes is midis and nothing else.

Questions
08-07-2006, 05:46 PM
...EDIT: Another Question. How do I select minitiles on the Subscreen Editor? I can only get the upper left.

Another Question.

In the subcreen editor when working with "Current Items" what does Up/Down/Left/Right select mean?

Can no one answer these Questions?:confused:

ShadowTiger
08-07-2006, 05:53 PM
...EDIT: Another Question. How do I select minitiles on the Subscreen Editor? I can only get the upper left.Exactly. :p minitile. It's 1/4 of a tile.

Second question: You know how when you're selecting items from your subscreen? You'd press Right from the boomerang and it'd go to the bombs... Well, that's pretty much what that is. The Boomerang's "Right" is 1. That's the second item. (Item #1 is 0; the boomerang.) So it goes in order of how many selectable items you have.

Questions
08-07-2006, 05:59 PM
1) But I can only get the upper left. What I need is the upper right. I don't want to waste my tiles :P.

2) I feel stupid now.

ShadowTiger
08-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Okay, make a copy of the tile, then hold Alt, and press left eight times. That'll solve that problem.

billyronald
08-07-2006, 06:08 PM
1) But I can only get the upper left. What I need is the upper right. I don't want to waste my tiles :P.

Here is what to do right click on the upper right of the combo to do it then press ok it worked for me

Dlbrooks33
08-07-2006, 06:12 PM
grabbing from a zgp crashes Zquest :(

ShadowTiger
08-07-2006, 06:19 PM
grabbing from a zgp crashes Zquest :(

1) This has been around for a while. Look around in the bug Reports forum three forums down to see if it's been reported already. If it's unreasonable to look three or four pages down, that's okay. Threads can be locked.

2) To remind everyone, Bugs go in the Bug Report forum. Start a new thread for each bug please.

Nicholas Steel
08-07-2006, 07:03 PM
yes the enhanced music area doesnt show any files except for midi files... however in the dmap editor it has changed so the alternate music does show all supported music files.

Dark Nation
08-07-2006, 10:46 PM
When you do a minitile, click on one of the 4 corners of the minitile with the right mouse button to use that corner.

idontknow
08-07-2006, 10:58 PM
How come a lot of things i try doing in the subscreen editor causes Zquest to freeze or crash?

Also, i know how to make new objects appear in the subscreen editor (edit->new) but how come once they are made, i can't select them? (and therefore can't edit, delete, or move them)

Perhaps i should just wait until the next beta before trying to mess around w/ the subscreen editor.

Takuya
08-08-2006, 10:16 PM
OK. I have good news.

ZC 2.11b11 for Mac OS X (http://knj.randomskk.net/zc/ZC211b11.dmg)

Note: This has some bug fixes that the other builds may not have. Also, please TELL ME IF IT WORKS. It's my first compile/DMG build. Please tell me if it works.

AND FOR GOD'S SAKE BACK UP YOUR QUESTS!

(Yes I know the DMG is called ZC_Template. Deal with it. I'll change it later.)

*b*
08-09-2006, 01:16 AM
How come a lot of things i try doing in the subscreen editor causes Zquest to freeze or crash?

Also, i know how to make new objects appear in the subscreen editor (edit->new) but how come once they are made, i can't select them? (and therefore can't edit, delete, or move them)

Perhaps i should just wait until the next beta before trying to mess around w/ the subscreen editor.
The object you created last should be the only thing selected, so just press the arrows keys (usually the right one) to move it into the window. The positioning of new objects really needs to be fixed

If that dosen't work, press the left and right arrow buttons on the first set of arrows, and it will cycle through all objects on the screen. When you get to the object you want, press the arrow KEYS, and it will move the object you've selected

Radien ZC
08-09-2006, 02:55 AM
Woohoo! I am having much fun with the subscreen editor. :D Now I can tweak my "dummy items" even more, and remove junk that I'm not going to put in my quest without it being obvious!

6.when you play mp3's in Zquest the volume is extremely low.
I think when you set the "SFX" volume in the ZC sound options, it affects Windows' Wave volume.

Not sure how this applies to ZQuest, but I bet it is the same software issue.

Nicholas Steel
08-09-2006, 06:05 AM
yes... but we are hoping that it will be adjustable like in UT2k4 (unreal tournament 2004) in that you can independently adjust the sound FX, music and mp3 music.

idontknow
08-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Freeform combos were really messed with this beta! Let me explain:

-FFC Attribute Change combos: Their tiles now appear, instead of just the glowing pixel. Also, if set as "change next" or change "previous", they will quickly change the FFC that crosses it multiple times.

-Freeform Combos now cannot have negative values (so they can't go left or Up) The - sign gets deleted when you click 'done'.

-Not sure what "Stationary" FFC flag is supposed to do but it appears to do nothing & when you check it off, save your quest, exit zquest & then later load zquest back up & edit the same FFC that you had check this off, it will no longer be checked off. (In other words, this doesn't save)

ShadowTiger
08-09-2006, 02:05 PM
IDK, these are bugs. For next time, please make each bug its own topic in the ZC Open Bugs forum three forums below this one, and mark each one with the gold star bug. It's the best way to organize all these bugs so they actually get fixed, rather than us being able to mention them over and over again, which nobody wants to do. Thank you.

The first two were reported already, but the last one is new. I'd report that if I were you. (Or I can do it. PM me if you want me to do it, but I'm sure you can handle it too.)

possesed-naru
08-10-2006, 06:35 PM
AHHH, okay im so damn confused they posting a bunch of different stuff everywhere and no clue where ot start:mad: :mad:

Okay i try to update everything but i need algero42.dll but..instad cane someone just send a link of the COMPLETEFULLY proper ZC to whatever one where at, because i really don know zc amageddon and eerythng eles is really confusing and i want to get back to making games again...:confused: :confused: :confused:

Black tower quest (persponed) - 60%
Newquest: a somewhat gameboy version of windwaker/oracles/ocarina of time mix...SS coming soon:tongue:

Nicholas Steel
08-10-2006, 10:16 PM
just get zelda classic 2.11 beta 10 (not 10b) and just update it with 2.11 beta 11.

ShadowTiger
08-10-2006, 10:26 PM
lol ang. It wouldn't matter if it was Beta 10 or 10b, as they're technically the same thing in terms of what you'll need for Beta 11. To upgrade to Beta 11 is the same process as upgrading to 10b. Just take the zelda-w.exe and zquest-w.exe from the zip file up there and replace your Beta 10 files with it. Beta 10b and Beta 10 are only different in terms of the two .exe files.

Make a seperate folder for it of course. ;)

Freedom
08-10-2006, 10:53 PM
The 10 comes with the support files, the 10b doesn't.
I think that was his point.

ShadowTiger
08-10-2006, 10:57 PM
... ... .. Um .. .. .. O..kay, .. lol, the more information the better. Here (http://users.sephiroth.ws/ST/zc/ZC211Beta10bFull.zip) is a full compilation of all the latest ZC items, except for the Beta 11 files. Download this into a seperate folder (C:\ZC 211\B11\) then unzip and replace with the Beta 11 files.

possesed-naru
08-11-2006, 01:14 AM
WOW, alot better thank you -^_^-

now i can finish my quests :D

hmm... how do you make ur custom subscreen... O.o i notced a thrad and i looked it up in the editor but couldent see how u could do it... :P

Nicholas Steel
08-11-2006, 05:02 AM
lol ang. It wouldn't matter if it was Beta 10 or 10b, as they're technically the same thing in terms of what you'll need for Beta 11. To upgrade to Beta 11 is the same process as upgrading to 10b. Just take the zelda-w.exe and zquest-w.exe from the zip file up there and replace your Beta 10 files with it. Beta 10b and Beta 10 are only different in terms of the two .exe files.

Make a seperate folder for it of course. ;)

as clarified by freedom... beta 10b is not required and 10b also requires beta 10 thus my statement was (and possible still is) the most quickest and bandwidth freindly at getting it to run.

trip i fall
08-13-2006, 11:01 AM
OK. I have good news.

ZC 2.11b11 for Mac OS X (http://knj.randomskk.net/zc/ZC211b11.dmg)

Note: This has some bug fixes that the other builds may not have. Also, please TELL ME IF IT WORKS. It's my first compile/DMG build. Please tell me if it works.

AND FOR GOD'S SAKE BACK UP YOUR QUESTS!

(Yes I know the DMG is called ZC_Template. Deal with it. I'll change it later.)

It doesn't work. It says: "Verification Failed" When done downloading.

ShadowTiger
08-13-2006, 11:38 AM
He's fixing it right this very moment in #PureZC. Just be patient, I guess. :shrug:

stuffSo, to ... "compromise," ... I've packaged it all into yet another .rar file with everything you could need. If you want the smaller download, download the 1.x MB file in the first post. If you want a ready-to-go and fully functional copy of everything right into its own folder, it's here:

ZC 2.11 Beta 11 Full With Grabber-w.exe (http://users.sephiroth.ws/ST/zc/ZC211B11Full.rar)

Takuya
08-13-2006, 11:56 AM
trip_i_fall it should not say that, give me your OS Version, or try clicking "skip" when it verifies.

Tygore
08-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Another Question.

It has to do with how the selector moves. So, from your item labeled as "1", if the item directly right of it is labeled "2" you would put 2 in the entry for Left.

_L_
08-14-2006, 03:49 AM
trip_i_fall it should not say that, give me your OS Version, or try clicking "skip" when it verifies.
I have exactly the same problem - Disk Copy refuses to verify it. When I turned off verification in Preferences, I got this error when trying again:

"ZC211b11.dmg" failed to mount due to error 95. (no mountable file systems)