PDA

View Full Version : WOW I got WOW

The Destroyed
08-06-2006, 05:34 PM
I havent been on in a while, but I have been checking in here. I have a MAJOR question that needs answering quickly..I just bought WOW about 20min ago but, if you install World Of Worcraft on someone elses computer, then install it on your own, can you still play your character on your computer? And what about the fee, I am getting a game pass in a week or so, but do you get charged during the 30 days? The reason I am asking is because im on vacation, and im installing it on my cousins comp.

Here is a question on what do in the game...Does anyone here play? And can you help me start out on my journey? Thanks.

g4conman
08-06-2006, 06:32 PM
You can play it on any computer you install it in with the same account. The first month is free but you have to put a game card or credit card number on your account to play...it will not charge you on a credit card until the first free month has expred. You register your account at www.worldofwarcraft.com. When you get your account up and running I recomend playing on the Silverhand server which i believe is the server everyone on the forums that plays is on. Personaly I play on the Gilneas server and I would be happy to help you with any problems you would encounter while trying to set up an account or with a quest or somehting.

My main on Gilneas is named Terrorbane (Level 56 Night Elf Hunter)

Just PM me or send me an email if you have any questions. =)

The Destroyed
08-06-2006, 09:46 PM
Lol, when it was installing, my Grandpa wanted to play a game of cards on the computer. I told him not to turn the install off, he said ok. I watched some TV, and then he said he was done. When I checked it, he clicked cancel. :( It was on the fourth disc also....So Im gonna try it again right now.

jessethe2nd
08-07-2006, 02:26 AM
I play on gargonnash as Alliance... 48 War, 273 enchanter, 300 skinning- 19 twink rogue, PVP, Engineer 150- 32 hunter, 300 Elemental Leather Working, 213 Skinning- 25 Warlock, 225 Alchemy- 18 mage- 18 druid- 27 pally. If you create a character on Gargonnash alliance side I can hook you up with some decent gear/ enchants. However you should know that the Alliance/ Horde ratio is a bit stacked on the horde side which makes questing in contested areas a bit of a pain... but if you love a challenge ill hook you up.

g4conman
08-07-2006, 11:00 AM
PvP's a bit of a mess on the Alliance side in gilneas. The only thing alliance wins is alterac vally, and the occasional arathie basin win, but nothing else.

The Destroyed
08-07-2006, 06:38 PM
I have recently watched the funeral attack from Serenity Now, and does anyone know what happened to them? I know people were banned, but what else? :D I installed Wow last night, and it seems I need to present a credit card. I am gonna have to ask my mom about that, but she is gonna be mad. It was because I played a game called the Nitto 1320 challenge, and she bought a car for me. Lol, dumb me I pink slipped another one. I lost horridly. XD

g4conman
08-07-2006, 11:24 PM
You dont have to have a credit card, you could just put a game card on, its cheaper and it covers 2 months. It will also save your parents the hassle of dilly dallying with a credit card. =P

Archibaldo
08-08-2006, 01:15 PM
Yeah, it's not the program that has all of your characters on it, it's the account.

Btw, I reccomend rolling Horde. My first character was an undead warlock. It was fun. My second character is a human mage though. And quite frankly, alliance = ez mode. Seriously. Plus all the kids play alliance because they all want to be night elf hunters named Legolas. Don't make a NE hunter, you will be ridiculed for ever.

MottZilla
08-08-2006, 03:35 PM
I have recently watched the funeral attack from Serenity Now, and does anyone know what happened to them? I know people were banned, but what else? :D I installed Wow last night, and it seems I need to present a credit card. I am gonna have to ask my mom about that, but she is gonna be mad. It was because I played a game called the Nitto 1320 challenge, and she bought a car for me. Lol, dumb me I pink slipped another one. I lost horridly. XD

I really hope not. Serenity Now did the coolest thing ever and shouldn't have been punished for playing the game. The people doing their little online funeral deserved to get trashed. It's a game first, not some community chat room.

g4conman
08-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Yeah, it's not the program that has all of your characters on it, it's the account.

Btw, I reccomend rolling Horde. My first character was an undead warlock. It was fun. My second character is a human mage though. And quite frankly, alliance = ez mode. Seriously. Plus all the kids play alliance because they all want to be night elf hunters named Legolas. Don't make a NE hunter, you will be ridiculed for ever.

*Shoots thorium arrow in head* Fluffums have your way with him!

I never lose a duel! Exept to this guy named Femur, and what kind of name is that?

How dare you moch (not sure if i spelled that right) my kind!
(Horde is easy mode, they twink everything!) Warlocks are cheap, they put 2 spells on you and your dead.
Aimed Shot FTW!

jessethe2nd
08-08-2006, 07:02 PM
First of all Arch the difficulty level depends mostly on the server not the faction. However I will say this... the horde racals are way better. Taurens get a 5% health bonus on top of thier already vast store of health and warstomp... UD have will of the forsaken making them immune to fear sleep and charm effects and the ability to eat corpses regenerating there health extremely fast. Your orcs are fun... enrage thus increasing damage, resistent to stun effects and there pets have a 20% damage increase (great for locks and hunters). Then you have your trolls berserk will increase the attack and casting speed and increased damage with bows. Horde will usually have the advantage in battle and unfortuneate thats just the way it is... The alliance are geared for questing where as the horde are geared for all out combat. If your just starting the game go with horde to get the basics and from there if you want a challenge switch to alliance.

DarkDragoonX
08-10-2006, 10:07 AM
...if you want a challenge switch to alliance.

The entire concept of horde having a huge combat advantage because of our racials is a load of crap. Undead have a very powerful racial, I'll admit, but the Night Elves' Shadowmeld is also extremely powerful... even after the nerf. The Orc racials aren't that great, the only really good one being +5 axe skill. The Troll racial kinda sucks, and although the Tauren Warstomp is very nice, the health bonus is pretty minor, amounting to only a couple hundred extra HP. The Gnomes' Escape Artist racial is great, and the Dwarf racial, Stoneform, is also decent. The Humans got shafted with Perception, though, I have to admit.

The racial abilites don't really favor one side or the other very much, with the sole exception of Undead, which admittedly have a ridiculously powerful racial ability.

Still, all bickering over racial abilities aside, the Alliance have it so easy it isn't even funny. Do you have any IDEA how much easier it is to raid with paladins thatn it is to raid with shaman? I'd rather have a paladin by my side that a shaman in PvP, as well (And I've played as both sides). Granted, this is becoming a moot point since the faction-exclusive classes aren't going to be faction-exclusive when the expansion hits, but that really seems like more of a cop-out on Blizzard's sake... more or less admitting "Hey, we can't balance Shaman and Paladins, so we'll just give each faction access to both of them."

jessethe2nd
08-12-2006, 02:15 AM
You missed my point entirely. My arguement was that the horde are racially superior for PVP situations as opposed to the alliance who benefeit from their racials in PVE situations (quests, instances). I currently play both sides on multiple servers and as I said before it comes down to things like server population ratios, economies, and over all skill. I will say that I do like the NE shadowmeld and the gnome intellect boost but other wise the other racials are pretty much extremely circumstancial for PVP where as horde racials caiter to a broad variety of PVP situations and are in general easier to implement in said situation. Now lets close this arguement on an unbiased note by saying each faction has its strengths and its difficulties and it all comes down to sheer circumstance. Fair?

SomaLlama
08-12-2006, 02:52 AM
they're both the same