PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like a moron

that guy
08-06-2006, 08:46 AM
Yeah I hate asking dumb questions but i have been feeling like a moron recently. I haven't been playing long and have just started playing the isle of winds quest and the megaman quest and have found them to be very difficult. Mostly I would just like a few questions answered. Is there anywhere you can go to find help with the quests?

elise
08-06-2006, 09:09 AM
you can look here in this section if the quest already has a thread and if your answere can be find in it or start a thread and ask the question .
be specific with the thing you want to know and mention the quests name in the title .

looking in the archives www.armageddongames.net/archive/index.php/f-30.html is a little easier to find threads back ;)

that guy
08-06-2006, 09:37 AM
thanks for the tip

that guy
08-07-2006, 01:10 PM
Well I could not find my quests mentioned on that list. I was hopeing someone knew how to get the sword in the mega man quest and what i am supposed to do after the first dungeon in the isle of winds quest. please help me.

elise
08-07-2006, 01:28 PM
I don't know anything from mega man but for Isle of the wind go back to links house and you get a raft with the raft you can go to a dock and find level 2
I think that was on the forest island ;)

DarkFlameWolf
08-07-2006, 03:20 PM
Go back to your house in Isle of the Winds, talk to your sister again to get a raft. Talk to the rest of the villagers to get new items. Be sure to come back after level 7 and level 8 to each person in the town to get new things.
Use the raft off the left dock on the island. Make sure you note that at water-rock 'junctions' you can switch raft directions. If you head north, you'll hit desert island, head east from the desert dock to find a shop that sells super bombs. Back track to the dock and head back south to town island, but make a detour west to hit Forest Island where level 2 is located.
Isle of the Winds is all about exploration and not about beating it within a certain amount of time. So take your time and just enjoy it.

Michael729
08-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Ok... regarding the sword in MegaMan Dr. Wily's Revenge... you get it after defeating the first boss, in the power plant. You get to the power plant through the sewers... and you need to bomb into the sewers... in a little red building a few screens south of the town entrance.

Edit: Listen to DarkFlameWolf about exploring... just not regarding Isle of the Winds, but MegaMan Dr. Wily's Revenge and just about every other quest. It will benefit you greatly.

Note: You don't need to do levels 2-7 in order (save for 5... you have to do 5 before level 6) in
Isle of the Winds... just make sure you have an extra key after each level. You'll need 'em.

that guy
08-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Thank you guys for your generous responses.

I did not know that you could change directions on the raft, thank you very much for the tip.

As for mega man; perhaps I have a bugged version of the quest or it may just be my system, but I start the game with no where to go but onto a boat. At this point I am defenseless and the boat is swarming. I found one key card and went into a room that I can only guess I need to kill all the enemies to get out of. The only problem is I have no way of hurting them. Dose anyone have a link to a good version of this quest? or any suggestions as to how I should change/reconfigure my system to make it work.

Michael729
08-08-2006, 01:45 AM
Thank you guys for your generous responses.

I did not know that you could change directions on the raft, thank you very much for the tip.

As for mega man; perhaps I have a bugged version of the quest or it may just be my system, but I start the game with no where to go but onto a boat. At this point I am defenseless and the boat is swarming. I found one key card and went into a room that I can only guess I need to kill all the enemies to get out of. The only problem is I have no way of hurting them. Dose anyone have a link to a good version of this quest? or any suggestions as to how I should change/reconfigure my system to make it work.

You're most likely using the wrong version of ZC. MegaMan: Dr. Wily's Revenge was built using version 1.92 Beta 183, and I believe that was the version it was meant to be played in. I think either that or 1.92 player 184... but I'd go with 1.92 beta 1.83.

that guy
08-11-2006, 01:08 PM
Me again,

Ok so I am thoroughly enjoying this quest but I guess I am not much of a zelda player. I am stuck in the second dungeon. I have traveled all over the map found level four and played in there a while but I can't figure out how to move the light brown blocks. If I just need to keep playing in level four someone please let me know, or if there is something else I have to do please tell me, or just tell me if i have to go explore some moe islands. Anything to help. Thank you in advance.

that guy
08-12-2006, 08:09 AM
Yeah i am a moron. I figured it out.

DarkFlameWolf
08-12-2006, 01:56 PM
after level 1, levels 2 through 7 can be completed in any order and are independent of each other. So if you want to continue playing level 4, all the tools and keys necessary to complete it are there for you. The only exception is level 8, which requires an extra key from each of the first seven dungeons to even complete. So do not be alarmed if you finish each dungeon with an extra key, they all go to level 8.

Petoe
08-13-2006, 04:07 AM
that guy: Have you solved the problem with the Mega Man quest? As the author of the quest it always startles me when someone says he/she found an awful bug because the quest should be bugfree.

Just so that you know, both mine and DarkFlameWolf's quests are made for ZC 1.92 b183 so you should only use that version to play our quests. ;)

But if yopu're playing with the correct version and you happened to find a new weird bug, I can send you an updated version of the quest which hopefully fixes the problem. I just need to know from which room you always start at the ship so I can make the necessary fixes to the quest file.

that guy
08-15-2006, 04:19 PM
Yeah I have been told recently that I should use that version but my PC will not run that version.

I have not gotten that quest to work but have not had a single issue with DFW's quests.

Oh well I will just have to do with out and enjoy the quests I can get to work. It is a real bummer though because your MM quest looks really damn cool.

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply i have been busy.

DarkFlameWolf
08-16-2006, 04:12 PM
is your computer running Windows XP? If so, make a shortcut to the Zelda Classic beta 182, ver. 1.92 and on the command line add these parameters: -windowed -size 552 448
That should window ZC and miraculously make it work on Windows XP.

that guy
08-17-2006, 12:14 PM
I will glady give this a try

thank you

that guy
08-17-2006, 12:22 PM
I spoke a little to soon. Dose anybody know where a good link to the version of ZC that I need can be found? The link to 1.92 183 on the downloads page dose not work for me. It is either broken or I may have my browser configured incorrectly.

erm2003
08-17-2006, 12:28 PM
I spoke a little to soon. Dose anybody know where a good link to the version of ZC that I need can be found? The link to 1.92 183 on the downloads page dose not work for me. It is either broken or I may have my browser configured incorrectly.

I downloaded it and zipped it onto my site for you. Try to download it using the link here:

ZC1.92b183 (http://www.ermock.com/zc192b183.zip)

Let me know if you can get that to work.

that guy
08-18-2006, 12:31 PM
Well I can see that this program will undoubtedly become one of the greatest ever written due to its enormous and exceptionally supportive fan base ( and the great programmers of course). You guys are awesome! Thank you so much for your help and tips. I have it all working perfectly. Thank you again.