PDA

View Full Version : Need help

firedude
08-05-2006, 04:20 PM
Im new to this and I have questions:

When Im playing sometimes Link doesnt moves and he's not suck with a rock or something,he simply doesnt moves and I checked the controls and their fine.Any help?

How do I make links,like a stair take me to a dungeon?
Is there a limit on how many dungeons can I have?
How do I change the graphics?
Is it possible to have more than one overworld?

thanks in advance.:)

The_Amaster
08-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Don't know about your first problem, but the rest...
1.) Place the stairs on the screen. Go to Data->Tile Warp, and set it to the DMap and screen on the DMap you want it to link to. Set the link type to Entrance/Exit.
2.) No, theres no official limit, although you can't have more than 8 triforce pieces.
3.) If you want to use graphics you can do one of two things. A.) Go to www.purezc.com. They have many great graphics packs. All you do is download it, move it into the Zeldaclassic folder, than open ZQuest and go to file->Open->the name of the pack. B.)Alternativly, if you have say a screenshot, or the like, and want to import it, go to Quest->Graphics->Tiles, find some blank tiles, select grab->File->the image.
4.)Yes, you can have as many overwords as you like, as long as they link. For example, my current project features 4, one for each of the corners of Hyrule, cursed with a different season.

firedude
08-05-2006, 07:27 PM
thanks for the help but I still have the "Link not moving" problem.

erm2003
08-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Is Link not moving in your own quest or from other people's quest?

If it's other people's quest this thread may have some answers for you.
http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=92579

If it's your quest, when you open it up, press "w" to see the walkable areas. Make sure you have placed tiles down that you can walk on. Anything that shows up in pink you can't walk through.

Nicholas Steel
08-05-2006, 09:03 PM
If it's your quest, when you open it up, press "w" to see the walkable areas. Make sure you have placed tiles down that you can walk on. Anything that shows up in pink you can't walk through.

open it in z-quest then check the above.

firedude
08-05-2006, 09:05 PM
yeah I knew that,is only in my game and there are no pink squares around Link.

firedude
08-06-2006, 11:50 AM
I kept trying and added some enemies but the enemies past right through Link and Link is not moving,is that a glitch?

lord_jamitossi
08-06-2006, 02:37 PM
Firstly, try not to double-post. You can edit your previous post if need be.
Secondly, yeah, that sounds a bit like a glitch if you ask me.

memnoc
08-06-2006, 07:06 PM
The can't walk thing can be temporarily bypassed press F6 (Quit) and then continue. (May get annoying after a while). You are obviously playing someone else's game? Correct? Also its because your ZC can't run their game, or their game is too old for your ZC. pg711 (I think) 's 'The New Hero' game was too old for my ZC so It froze me, but I though it would work when I updated my ZC, so I did and I started in a wall way far away from the area that you are supposed to start in. So, I used the version I first used on it and did the F6 thing. After a little while and after leaving a certain building I got warped to that same area. The problem is my ZC was too advanced. So there you have it, try to play games that are newer :P (All you ZQMakers better update your quests... :P)