PDA

View Full Version : I made some trees.

lord_jamitossi
08-05-2006, 01:43 PM
I havn't ZQuested in a while. I was seeing if I still have my old style, and I think I do. Just need a bit of practice and I'll be on my way to making some pretty nice tiles.

Now, which is better, with or without bark texture?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/lord_jamitossi/trees.gif

They use 4 greens and 4 browns. If you like them, you can use them I guess, but you'll have to recolour them; I use my own palette most of the time.

I'm about to rip them into the old palette I had, I like that one better (shot in my sig).

Interesting trivia : I refer to Zelda Classic as ZC, pronounced Zee-Cee, but to ZQuest as Zed-Quest. I guess iI'm accepting both pronounciations of the letter Z.

(edit : if it takes a while to load, just wait, it's on its way. Or refresh. Or something. Yeah.)

zeldafan500
08-05-2006, 02:18 PM
The bark texture looks pretty good. Though the one without texture matches the rest of the game tiles more. It sorta sticks out too much if some tiles have super-great detail and some are average. And maybe you could see the midi in my topic? No ones replyed to it for 2 days.

lord_jamitossi
08-05-2006, 08:33 PM
I fixed them up a bit and put them into my old palette (which is acutally of high quality it turns out); what you said is true. They look a lot better with bark in my tileset, but in pure they look better without.

I need more opinions than this, though. No one ever replies in D.E.

memnoc
08-06-2006, 07:21 PM
You should use both, because they look pretty close, and most people don't take time to examine EVERY tile, so one could be used for burning and the other not. (Bark most likely isn't burning because of its 'strength' [it has more protection because its bark is more 'shown, or given to it'] you could use my idea.) Tell me what you think?

Cepat
08-07-2006, 08:24 AM
The trees in your signature look better lord_jamitossi...it's just those trees remind of candy floss stuck on a tree bark :D

lord_jamitossi
08-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Yes, these are more to compliment the others I've made. I can't have a quest with only 2 kinds of trees in it, can I?
Also, these turn out to be incredibly useful to be used with the others because they have only a 1-tile trunk, so they can fill the little holes between the others.

Arth99
08-24-2006, 07:25 AM
Yups. I think it looks better with bark with other tiles. They don't have to be perfect :D