PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone recommend any quest that are not insanely hard

pvd
08-04-2006, 04:11 PM
I am playing from the keypad on my computer so some games like Armageddon's quest are waaay too hard.

I am still looking for a challenge more mentally then hard gameplay.

rocksfan13
08-04-2006, 05:04 PM
You might want to try Isle of Winds or TAO of Link.

Those have some mind numbing puzzles in them.

koopa
08-06-2006, 04:44 AM
Darkflamewolf's Isle of the Winds and Hidden Duality are not insanely hard, but not very easy either. Freedom's Link to Tortuga is ok too. Those are the best quests I know of - oh yes, and there's the standard first quest, old, but still worth playing if you haven't done so already.

WindStrike
08-06-2006, 11:46 AM
Try out Shoelace's Hero of Dreams (HoD) as well. To me (aside from alt-tabbing 24-7 to get rid of the midi bug that pops up somewhat often), it's the best quest I've played so far. And yes, it is quite challenging with some awesome puzzles. I've never seen another quest able to mimic its difficulty (starts out around easy-medium level and gradually gets harder regardless of upgrades aquired). Though I have to admit... level 8 was a big jump in difficulty... darn those overly deadly puzzles. It's a good thing Nayru's Love exists (Without out, I highly doubt anyone would have been capable of beating the game (level 8/9 bosses in particular)). I love how you don't have to backtrack so freaking much... unless you completely missed something. Just note that you might want to try out those other quests suggested first (I went ahead and gave up on Link to Tortuga... darn patra 1 in level 2 had hitblocks which I could never understand... Try it out though... just beware of it's difficulty after level 1), as the puzzles and complexes in HoD can get you lost quite easily without a lot of experience from the other quests.

Freedom
08-06-2006, 11:59 AM
(I went ahead and gave up on Link to Tortuga... darn patra 1 in level 2 had hitblocks which I could never understand... Try it out though... just beware of it's difficulty after level 1),

You can get the white sword before going in level 2 and then stand back and hammer that Patra with the flying sword. ;)

ShadowTiger
08-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Mr. Z's quests all tend to have some very, very intricate and well built puzzles. Here (http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&title=&creator=Mr.+Z&version=&sort=added) are a few of them. He has others scattered about his Hosted Quest forum at PureZC, as well as in his signature.

pvd
08-07-2006, 10:22 AM
Thanks for all you help. I am going to download a bunch of these before my next business trip.

elise
08-07-2006, 10:51 AM
I would go for Freedoms Quests ,you need more brain and less fighting skilss ;)