PDA

View Full Version : Tile combos

zeldafan500
08-04-2006, 11:13 AM
When I make a tile have frames (It changes from 1 tile to another tile) when I see it in the quest when I play it it just changes once and stops. How do I make it keep changing? Example: Lets say 5 and 6 are the tiles. I want them to change from 5 to 6 and back to 5 and then 6 and so on. But it changes from 5 to 6 once and doesn't change again, when I wanted it to change from 5 to 6 and go back to 5 and to 6 again and keep doing that.

ShadowTiger
08-04-2006, 11:30 AM
You mean looping animation? It's pretty easy actually. Hell, it should already be doing it. o.o'

If it ISN'T, that means you're using Combo Cycling. Edit the combo you're trying to animate. Click the "Next" Square, and set it to the very, very first combo on your combo page. That's the upperleft-most combo. Period. Highest possible. Then hit enter. It should turn to a black square, effectively stopping that combo from combo cycling.

If that doesn't work, can you describe the combo? What's it a combo of? What does it look like? What is your intention for it? How many frames of animation does it have, and at what speed?

DeFray
08-04-2006, 11:31 AM
Are you talking about cycling, or animating?

(If you're cycling then you're using the 'Next' box and possibly changing what the combo does; if you're animating then you're just using 'A. Frames' and only the picture changes.)

zeldafan500
08-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Thank you. It works now. And I have another question: How do I make it so you can't go passed a certain place without all of the triforce peices?

erm2003
08-04-2006, 11:53 AM
That would be under Data -> Room Type -> Level 9 Entrance

zeldafan500
08-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Ok, I did that, so what do I do so you cant continue? I tested that and it still lets me go through.

ShadowTiger
08-04-2006, 04:31 PM
Room has a Guy
Room has a string
Dmap Level # set to 9, preferably.
Room type set to L9 Entrance, as erm said.

zeldafan500
08-04-2006, 05:33 PM
I did all that, it still lets me go down the stairs without the complete triforce.

ShadowTiger
08-04-2006, 05:40 PM
... ... Down the stairs? :odd:

You mean, stairs on the far wall? Please take a screenshot of the screen just before you go down the stairs. I feel like there's something you're leaving out of your description of the situation.

zeldafan500
08-04-2006, 05:47 PM
The stairs here: http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k200/shadowcelibi/zelda007.jpg

ShadowTiger
08-04-2006, 06:36 PM
OH! Heh. The guy will disappear when you have all required pieces of the triforce. :p It doesn't apply to individual combos.

You have three choices at this point:

Make the north wall have the stairs built into the wall, like the doorway style stairs.
Make the stair combo you're about to enter be in the space where the message is, rather than down there.
I *THINK* that when you walk onto the screen with all the triforces, the secrets for that screen trigger. I don't remember how they trigger, or what screen flags need to be on etc, but you can probably spawn a stair combo there using secrets.

koopa
08-06-2006, 04:51 AM
The thing to remember about level 9 entrances is, you enter from the bottom and while you haven't got all triforce pieces, you can't walk on the top half of the screen. So your stairs would have to be in the top (unwalkable) half of the screen to restrict you from going there before you get all the triforce.