PDA

View Full Version : Two Chest Questions

The_Amaster
08-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Ummm.Just wondering...
1.) How do I get those big chests, that take up 4 tiles to work i.e open at the same time.

2.) How do I make it so a chest pops up when the enemies are defeated AND THAN OPENS. I can make it pop up on my own, but getting it to work is another matter.

PS For the record, I'm using 2.11b

Rulehy
08-02-2006, 06:23 PM
Use chest combos. ;)

The_Amaster
08-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Really! How would that work. I mean, would It know it's a large chest, or what?

Rulehy
08-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Did you know there was those combos?
I havent had a ton of experince with 2.11 10b,but I would think
using secret combos and some flags should do it. :D
Look HERE. (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=92320)

Does this help at all?

memnoc
08-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Chests... ShadowTiger I believe helped me with this one. (I just noticed the name of my thread is 'Treasure CHEATS' - typo) Its impossible to make a working treasure chest that appears and works. Trust me I JUST tested it. You just have to make blocks surrounding it so it can't be opened.

How to:

1) Tools>Screen Data> 'Enemies->Secret' (Kill enemies and secret happens - blocks surrounding chest vanish)
2) Tools>Secret Combos>Misc> 'Flag 16-31' (Set flag 16 to the floor tile of your dungeon or overworld)
3) Place flag 16 on the blocks that you want to vanish.

Now that the vanishing blocks are done lets make the chest.

4)Draw closed chest tile, and open chest tile. Create 2 combos.
4.1)Closed chest - Combo Attribute: Treasure Chest (Normal/Locked/Boss - I would start with normal)
4.2)Open chest - Nothing Special :P

5)Now place the closed chest in the middle of the blocks that are to vanish.
6)Place Flag 10 on the chest, and the Item Marker.
7)Set room type to Special Item. (Tools>Room Type> 'Special Item' - Level does not have to be higher than '0'!)
8)Set 'Catch All' (Function under 'Room Type' to the item you wish, DO NOT set Tools>'Item' to the item! It will ruin the chest - The item will be outside the chest. :P)
Edit: 9) (I missed a step OMG) Set undercombo to opened chest. :P

And there you have it! :D Enjoy.

Edit: Ask someone professional like Freedom or Rocksfan## (what are those numbers again? O.o) to help you with big chests, im just a noobie! :P

Edit2: Oh ya its rocksfan13, and you could also ask ShadowTiger.