PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions...

ECNM
08-02-2006, 01:28 AM
Alrighty. I'll be the first to admit I'm a newbie. So I need some help. Well, technically one question isn't really a ZQuest question, but still.

1) About 2.11. If I load my 2.10 quest in 2.11, will the differences be far too great to deal with, or will the stuff work basically the same? I can rework most things. I'm most worried about whether or not the talking to NPCs "trick" will still work.

2) I want to have Link go to a guy who says he'll give him a sword if Link clears his basement of monsters. Is there a way to change what the guy says and change the warp to a duplicate room so no monsters apear after his basement has been cleared of monsters? If I can't change what the guy says, I can work around that. But I'd still like the change the warp. Still having monsters in the guy's basement doesn't make much sense.

Freedom
08-02-2006, 02:13 AM
It's much easier in the 2.11b10b
you have multiple warps and carry over of secrets.

So....
You would set the boss that you kill to enemies trigger secrets and make that trigger a permanent floor trigger to activat the secrets on the "talk" screen to change the warp A type to a warp B type to send you to the new talk room with the new message.
In the boss room under screen dat you fill in the map and screen number that the first talk screen is on.

LinkMaster500
08-02-2006, 03:40 AM
If you are worried about 2.11 issues, just make a backup copy of your 2.10 quest and work your quest in 2.11--that is, if you are not yet finished with the quest. I would suggest this so you don't have to worry as much about bugs that have not yet been worked out. Remember that once you save your quest in 2.11 of ZQuest, you cannot go back to 2.10.

ECNM
08-02-2006, 01:04 PM
Alright. Thanks! Um... Nope, can't think of anything else to type.