PDA

View Full Version : New Quest Rule - Temporary Candle Light

Dark Nation
08-01-2006, 01:12 PM
With this quest rule on, dark rooms are only lit up while candle fire (or wand/book fire or Din's Fire) is on the screen. When the fire dies, the room goes dark.

Dark Nation
08-01-2006, 01:12 PM
Good idea! Done.

ShadowTiger
08-01-2006, 02:15 PM
The fun part of doing a Spit-take (http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:gjr4GC-I7ii4gM:www.geocities.com/jlynn_flash/give_me_a_spit_take_skit.jpg) is wiping off your monitor afterwards, particularly knowing that it was caused by something this sweet. Good one DN. :p

What about fire combos though? Yes, what if you had a combo denotated as "Fire" that would also act as a flame? You could have it combo cycle out to a non-fire combo and have the room go dark again. You could also have it damage you. Then you could have your Fire(Safe) combos that would act exactly the same way, but wouldn't damage you. Thoughts?

EDIT: Typos. :sweat: "do dark again?" Ugh...

So: New Combos:

Fire (1/2 Damage)
Fire (1 Damage)
Fire (2 Damage)
Fire (Lose M.Shield) - (Yes, a fire that would cause you to take 1 damage and burn up your magic shield.) ... (Yes, I'm sadistic.)
Fire (Harmless)

Dark Nation
08-01-2006, 02:41 PM
Hrmmm... Interesting ideas...

Freedom
08-01-2006, 03:13 PM
How about one that stays lit too, so if you go in a room and light a torch it is still burning when you come back and the room is no longer a dark room.

Dark Nation
08-01-2006, 03:21 PM
That could be done but it would require the use of a secret, as it were (you couldn't trigger anything else on the screen).

ShadowTiger
08-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Well with the use of the singular flags, you could light a single lamp, it'd turn into a Fire combo, and the room would stay lit.

.. right? o.o' I don't have that much experience with them yet. :sweat:

EDIT: ... I see what you're talking about. Pondering right now.

Freedom
08-01-2006, 05:24 PM
That could be done but it would require the use of a secret, as it were (you couldn't trigger anything else on the screen).

lighting the torch would be a secret, then you can tier some secret combos for more secrets, then as is when you came back the room would still be lit. ;)
that might be best as not a quest rule, but a screen flag though.

beefster09
08-03-2006, 12:20 PM
then you could have a crackling sfx just for fun, when fire is on the screen.

Mega Link
08-06-2006, 03:12 PM
...You could have it combo cycle out to a non-fire combo...
That made me think of a idea!
In the combo editor you could have a box labelled "Animation Repeats". That would determen how many times it repeats the animation sequence before cycling to the next combo.

ShadowTiger
08-06-2006, 04:07 PM
You know, I do like that idea. :p Of course, you could just repeat the animation in the tiles pages and rewrite the animation frames accordingly, but that takes up very, very precious tiles page space.

* ShadowTiger Approves * <-- Means little to nothing in the grand scheme of things

ECNM
08-07-2006, 02:33 PM
Along with this idea would go a Lantern item. As long as you have it equipped, you can see in a dark room. But, now your "B" button does absolutely nothing. The Lantern using up magic would of course, be optional...

Also, Screen Data could have a entry for how many Fire combos have to be present to make the room not dark.