PDA

View Full Version : monster flags

bluedeath
07-31-2006, 01:16 PM
could somone tell me wich monsters come out of a monster flag?

erm2003
07-31-2006, 01:48 PM
There are 10 enemy flags, and 10 enemies you can put on the screen. Enemy flag 1 goes with enemy 1 and so on. So set the enemies you want on the screen and then use the flags to place them if you wish. Obviously the flags will force them to appear in that spot every time though.

Freedom
07-31-2006, 02:12 PM
Not all enemies will respond to those flags either, Moldorms, lanmolas, and red leevers, I believe all ignore the starting position flags, and there are probably others.

bluedeath
07-31-2006, 02:48 PM
ok thanks guys

Rulehy
07-31-2006, 08:46 PM
I dont think wall-masters do eather.

Pineconn
07-31-2006, 10:12 PM
Obviously they do not. :p

Just because I felt like it, I went down the list real quick and jotted down the enemies that don't obey the Enemy Flag.

Aquamentus
Fire Shooter (???)
Gleeok
Gohma
Lanmola
Leever (red)
Moldorm
Patra
Rock :p
Wall Master
Wizzrobe (Bat, Red, Wind)
Zora

I'm not totally sure about that. I was debating Digdogger and Manhandla. I'm pretty sure you can place them, though. I'm also not sure if Fire Shooter is not able to be placed, since I never use it.

Love For Fire
08-01-2006, 12:14 AM
You can't place Lanmolas? Never knew that... I've always been trying to get them into certain sections of a room... I thought the flags were working.. maybe it was just coincedence.

Pineconn
08-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Nah, they always appear on the left side of the screen. They really should be... uh, placeable? (Is that a word?) But for now, they are not.

Freedom
08-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Nah, they always appear on the left side of the screen. They really should be... uh, placeable? (Is that a word?) But for now, they are not.

I agree, of all the enemies I have problems with getting trapped somewhere, they are the worst.

ShadowTiger
08-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Indeed. ALL Lanmolas always start on the very central vertical row, (EXACTLY Between the north and south sides, in the middle of the screen.) About ... three or four combospaces away from the left side of the screen. Well, two or three spaces away from the 2-combo-wide dungeon wall. :p

I actually do wonder if those wizrobes appear initially on an enemy spawn flag, then just follow their hardcoded Link-seeking route. Would be interesting to see.

Pineconn
08-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Yup, Freedom, I know exactly what you're talking about. I've had a few problems with the starting locations of Lanmolas.

Obviously, the Aquamentus, Gleeok, Gohma, Rock, Wall Master, and Zora wouldn't really need to be placeable. However, the Lanmola, Moldorm, and Patra should be. For instance, if you walk down into a room with a Patra, you will get hit. If you walk down into a room with some Moldorms, you may get hit, but not every time (depends on which direction it feels like moving in).

That's interesting, ST, about how the Wizzrobes may actually obey the enemy flag, but quickly transport somewhere else directly after "spawning."

Phazite
08-02-2006, 02:51 AM
Fire Shooter (???)
I'm also not sure if Fire Shooter is not able to be placed, since I never use it.
You can place them. There wouldn't be much of a point to having them if you couldn't place them.;)

Pineconn
08-02-2006, 03:25 PM
That would be true... ;) Then I guess it would work like a statue that shoots fire. Maybe I'll look into using it for something.