PDA

View Full Version : Combos?

staggerlee
07-28-2006, 10:59 PM
I've reached level 4 and run into the cave problem. Now, I don't know how to reset the combos. I've reset the bombs and magic but even after reading the help file I'm just confused. But this is interesting. Clicking on the combos gets me a lot of things that I don't know how to use. A little step by step help would be nice. I'd like to learn how to do this. As you can see I'm new to this.

Freedom
07-28-2006, 11:25 PM
You locate the combo you are having problems with on the right side.
You can right click on it on the screen and look a properties, and it will tell you it's combo number.
Then you locate it in combos on the right side and right click on it to make your choices.
if it needs to be walkable the box in the center does this, you click all 4 corners red for no walk or all gray for walkable.
If you need to changes its type, you click on the scroll down box and make your choice there.

Since you didn't say what problem you are having exactly, that's about all I can suggest.

erm2003
07-29-2006, 01:16 AM
Freedom, it's the bug in 2.10 test where you can't get the big key in level 4 because the cave combo isn't set properly. The one tile just needs to be changed to a cave tile and it will work.

staggerlee
07-29-2006, 01:25 AM
Yes that"s the one. But I still don't quite unterstand how to fix it.

Freedom
07-29-2006, 04:40 AM
Do what I said above, find the combo, on the right side, right click on it and name it cave.

erm2000,
I haven't opened that quest since it was released, if you know what his problem is, then instead of correcting me, help him.

erm2003
07-29-2006, 08:54 AM
Sorry, didn't mean to make it sound like that. I did post this info in another thread too. Maybe this will be even more helpful.

http://www.ermock.com/cavebug.jpg

Right-click the right half of the cave in the middle. Change the tile type from Cave walk-down to Stairs (or Stairs [A] if you are using 2.11 beta 10b). Click OK and save and your problem should be fixed.

staggerlee
07-31-2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks erm2003. For a while I didn't realize how to find the map I wanted to correct. After fooling around with the combos and trapping myself in a room, then reinstalling the game I finally started to understand how this is done. BTW I downloaded your quest. What program opens it?

erm2003
07-31-2006, 11:13 PM
Just put the .qst file in your ZC folder and follow the directions here:
http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=59715

This is how you can load any custom quests for ZC. Also check under the quest discussion forums for any help if you get stuck. There is a large thread there for my quest so there may be some tips in there to help you out.

staggerlee
07-31-2006, 11:23 PM
Thanks again. I'll check the thread when I get some time