PDA

View Full Version : Push Large objects rule

rocksfan13
07-28-2006, 12:15 PM
How about a push large objects rule. It would enble the player to move big objects that have a combo type Large Object(Push).

I know some quests have had players puch large statues like in Hero of Dreams and The Castle Haunt series where the player had to move a big staue (that was at least 4 tiles square in size) th access something.

Having a rule like this or combo would allow the whole oject to move instead of the corner or spot that has the push flag. Placing the push flag anywhere on a large object (push) combo set would allow the object to flow together instead of waiting until the single object triggers the secret that makes it look like it was moved.

Thoughts?

ShadowTiger
07-28-2006, 01:28 PM
An interesting proposition. The way I would go about doing it is to make a "group" flag. Make a copy of every single one of the push block flags, and add a "G" in front of it or something. When you have multiple "G" type flags next to each other of the same type, those blocks can move as one. Push one, and all four of them move in the same direction. If something is blocking even one of them, you can't move them.

However, that only works if they're next to each other when they're in their original position. If you move them next to each other, it wouldn't make a difference. They'd still be seperate. If two blocks with the "g" flag were touching each other when you first entered the screen though, THOSE would be moved as one.

Pineconn
07-28-2006, 03:31 PM
That's an interesting way to do it, but what if you want multiple large objects in one room that are touching? It will recognize two 2x2 blocks as a giant 4x2 object. You know, like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/blox.png

Then I suppose there could be Push (G) 2 and Push (G) 3 flags... :sweat: That would be too many, though...

EDIT: I suppose there could be a new thing, like big combos. Perhaps in the combo editor there could be a drop down menu with "1x1", "1x2", "2x1", "2x2", etc. It would increase the number of tiles that would make up the combo, respectively. Then a flag attached to only one of the tiles on the screen of this "big combo" would apply to the entire big combo... What about that? :shrug:

CrystalBlade
07-28-2006, 09:31 PM
You could have a push combo that recognizes other push combos like it that are next to it, and treats all of them as one combo... does anyone understand what I mean?

EDIT: Also, I like Pineconn's idea of a "Large Object" flag so you can use every combo with it and not just push combos... and even a "Large Object" combo to combine with flags.