PDA

View Full Version : What Happened To Vg Music?!

Superstrider
07-27-2006, 07:37 PM
I tried to get on www.vgmusic.com, but I keep getting an error message. First my computer does a search for it despite the fact that I typed it in the address bar, and whenever I click on a link to it, I get an error message... It's like it doesn't even exist anymore... Can someone tell me what's wrong with it?

erm2003
07-27-2006, 07:39 PM
It was just up a couple days ago. Maybe they are just having a server issue?

Master Ghaleon
07-27-2006, 07:50 PM
Im having the same trouble. Im trying to find some old game music but it seems the only links left, turn me there which the server is down.

Jester Kat
07-27-2006, 08:12 PM
It's not April 1st is it?

Pineconn
07-27-2006, 08:47 PM
No. :)

Well, I bookmarked a page a while ago and it works...

GBA G-R (http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/gba/index-gr.html) ( <- Okay, never mind, this probably won't work...)

With that link you can still go through the music listings for other consoles. I don't know why you can't view other pages, like FAQ's and the main page. :shrug:

rocksfan13
07-27-2006, 08:49 PM
That link doesn't work for me either. Anyone else seeing this? Or is it just me?
Are you using IE or Firefox or Opera Pineconn?

Pineconn
07-27-2006, 09:10 PM
AOL. :)

Lemme check to see if it works in IE real quick... I don't have Firefox, and I've never even heard of Opera....

EDIT: Nope, doesn't work on IE for me. Odd...

Rulehy
07-27-2006, 10:16 PM
Hmm.That link doesn't work.
The site must be down.:(

Pineconn
07-27-2006, 10:34 PM
Hm... that is odd that it works for me but not for you. I recently deleted my temp. internet files and cookies, so it's not just loading previous scripts...

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-27-2006, 11:16 PM
It's entirely possible, as Rulehy suggests, that the site is down. Perhaps they're having trouble paying their server bill. It is the end of the month, after all. All of you midi-obsessed nerds have brought the site to it's knees until the first of August. I hope you're happy.:rolleyes:

Pineconn
07-27-2006, 11:34 PM
I am. :)

Nicholas Steel
07-28-2006, 12:55 AM
its current status would be offline... the "The connection was reset" message means that something is wrong with that sites server.

Jester Kat
07-28-2006, 03:01 AM
The website seems to be ok now. But they don't say what happend, altho I think only the news page was down.

Aegix Drakan
07-28-2006, 08:10 AM
you were looking for music for your RPG, right?

I already told you, I can give you a literal TON of sonic MIDIs. It came with a game I bought.

just say the word, and they're yours.

erm2003
07-28-2006, 11:02 AM
They did post some news about the downtime on the main news page now.

Posted by Powerlord on 07/28/06 02:42 AM

Blame DrZaius for the title.

The site was down longer than expected because of
1. A mistake I made while editing a file. Oops, bad llama.
2. This bug that turned the server into Frankensystem (It's alive... Alive!).
3. The database also didn't want to read its DB backups... because some quotes were missing. Silly DB software.

At least I managed to fix the site speed issue while waiting for a new copy of the database backup to upload.

Anyway, the site and forums are back up. Forum uploading and avatar uploading is turned back on.

new-files uploading is still off until we have more time to test it and reactivate staff accounts. I'm tired and going to pass out for 8 or more hours, before doing more site work.