PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help

Jeffrotull
07-27-2006, 05:53 PM
I've been working hard on making a Zelda game but I've run into a few minor problems that I can not seem to figure out. I am using 2.11

First, I can not seem to make a hint room in a dungeon like “Go to the next room” in the original Zelda. I selected a guy and gave him a string but it
doesn’t seem to work. Also when I opened up another game I tried to check what options they used and I couldn't figure out which it was. On the same note I would also like to be able to put a guy in a dungeon room that you get an item from, but can’t advance past the room until you take the item.

I was wondering if there was some way to make a room require a certain number of hearts to advance past a room or if there was some way to lose the Triforce so you would have to collect all 8 pieces again in new dungeons.

Lastly my editor crashes when I try to do certain things like import dmaps or edit whistle warps.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rulehy
07-27-2006, 05:57 PM
The level # must be greater than 0 and there needs to be a guy.
Does that help?

Jeffrotull
07-27-2006, 06:33 PM
Hmm.. that makes sense, I made this side quest to get the magic sword and I didn't make it a level. I guess I'll just make a house or something to go in for the sword. Thanks !

Rulehy
07-27-2006, 06:36 PM
Your welcome!
As for when it crashes when you import D-Maps,I think that is a bug.
Ask Dark Nation.

Pineconn
07-27-2006, 09:18 PM
I was wondering if there was some way to make a room require a certain number of hearts to advance past a room or if there was some way to lose the Triforce so you would have to collect all 8 pieces again in new dungeons.

No to both. I suppose you can use some trickery involving the hearts required to get a sword. So if you don't mind giving a sword away, yeah, you can do it. Then you can continue after you get the sword since the guy (and the solid half of the room behind him) will disappear. :shrug: