PDA

View Full Version : I have a wonderful announcement, everyone!

Masamune
07-27-2006, 01:13 AM
I'm going to Maine all on my own this saturday to "Camp Sunshine". It's a camp for kids for chronically sick kids so they can find some sort of hope or just socialize with other kids who have similar diseases. I'll be going down for kidney and renal failure week since I went there when I was smaller because my kidneys don't fucking work. I was diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome when I was two, and have been steroid dependent for half my life. But I've been in remission for about 5 years now, which is fucking awesome. So I'm volunteering as a counselor for two weeks at this Camp Sunshine. Really excited about this...

I didn't expect anyone to really care. I was just excited and felt the need to share. :O

I'll have pics and such of me and all my kids that I will not be molesting when I get back. Unless a fucking bear eats my camera. It's believable.

biggiy05
07-27-2006, 03:22 AM
Holy shit Masa as a camp counselor!

Joking but that's awesome and sorry to hear about your Nephrotic Syndrome. Being fucked up from day one sucks and I know what it's like but with a few different problems.

Good luck with all of it and have fun.

Beldaran
07-27-2006, 04:09 AM
My kidneys don't fucking work either, which is why I will never be able to fulfill my dream of being an astronaught. FUCK!

haha, but good luck at camp. That sounds fun.

Darth Marsden
07-27-2006, 07:26 AM
I shudder to think what you'll be teaching those kids. Shudder, I tell you.

Have fun.

Prrkitty
07-27-2006, 12:47 PM
You'll like the state of Maine... I was born in Maine :) Have fun and enjoy yourself. What part of Maine will you be in?

Rulehy
07-27-2006, 02:01 PM
Hope you have a good time!

Sorry to hear that!

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Is this at all similar to what Monica went to a few weeks/months ago (Rainbow Camp)? That's cool, Masa. Maybe you should write an article about it? :D

likesallusions
07-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Ooh! I can't wait to see pictures. I've only been to Four Corners, Texas, and maybe Louisiana when I was little...that's all I remember. Stuff.