PDA

View Full Version : Any woodworkers?

Eckels
07-25-2006, 09:29 PM
Probably not, since the majority of AGN's population is younger, but I figured what the hell.

I do a lot of woodworking myself. Some carving, as I've shown some of you in the past. Lately I've been building a lot of custom doors and windows as well...

Anyways, just curious.

MottZilla
07-26-2006, 12:08 AM
I've thrown some things together before with some help. Mainly building the wooden boxes that I mounted my Arcade Controls on to make an Arcade Stick for a custom Jamma SuperGun System. It was less about the wood working and more about the electrical/wiring really.

moocow
07-26-2006, 08:42 AM
I broke a stick in half and threw it on a fire, once.

rocksfan13
07-26-2006, 08:48 AM
I did some woodwork in the past and used to work for a company that built furniture for high end store names like, Chico's, Yankee Candle, Boscov's and when I left they were working on Disney. So, yeah I've had my hand in it. If I had the tools, i would be still doing it. Just for fun.

elise
07-26-2006, 09:29 AM
My husbands family had for almost hunderd years a furniture shop it all started with making kitchen chairs and tables , wooden banks for in the churches all around that part of the Netherlands , alot of the old tools we still have , it's from the time before the machines took over the job and sometimes my hubby still uses one of them .
I can't tell him anything about wood that he doesn't know better , cause he knows it from his grandpa and his dad and they always said............:D
Maybe your kid will say the same when he is older " I know that because my dad ............" ;)

moocow
07-26-2006, 09:48 AM
My great grandfather did a lot of wood working when he was alive. I still have my old toybox, but there used to be a horse that was on the front of it that he carved himself... no idea where it went, it's depressing. He also did a lot of glass etching, he etched my mom and dad's wedding glasses.

Glitch
07-26-2006, 09:59 AM
I work my wood all the time.

biggiy05
07-26-2006, 11:15 AM
I work my wood all the time.

You mean your twig.

Eckels
07-26-2006, 11:51 AM
toothpicks don't count, glitch.

Glitch
07-26-2006, 12:21 PM
:cry:

koopa
07-26-2006, 02:07 PM
This thread delivers.

Woodwork? Not much - cutting down the old tree in the garden, putting together furniture from packets, cutting the occaisional board to make a shelf, that's all I do in that direction. In school woodwork we made a box. A real wooden box. I've never really done anything artistic with wood, unless you count a bow and arrow as a kid. The only custom door I've ever made was in ZC. I have a friend who was a carpenter, though.

KJAZZ
07-27-2006, 02:31 PM
My dad works with hardwood floors, and I helped him for a couple weeks, a little bit less than a year ago. That's about all I've done.

Oh wait, wait.. we did have to do some woodshop things in Junior High. That was about 6 years ago, or so. :blah:

Rainman
07-27-2006, 04:21 PM
My dads a woodshop teacher so I've picked up a few things a long the way. Nothing to fancy though. I've mostly worked with him on remodelling sections of the house.