PDA

View Full Version : 2 suggestions

PureZeldabud
07-25-2006, 01:26 PM
Ok, I've been put off layers in Zelda Classic because of how you use them, choosing a map and a screen for each layer. After using RMXP I decided to suggest this: Why not make it so all layering is done on the 1 screen and you can just use the dots on the radio buttons to change which layer you are editing? It would save map space quite a lot for those who use a lot of layers! Its not that I'm saying there isn't enough maps already, but when I made a lot of maps to test out layering, saving took ages!

My other suggestion is about item aligning: Usually, I forget about the sword, wand flip fix rule and it ends up looking wierd why not allow us just to align items ourselves, basically, a new option in the Weapon/Misc editor 'Align Sprite' which allows us to adjust where the sprite appears when it is used?

Well thats alll I can think of for now

WindStrike
07-25-2006, 01:46 PM
There's something I've wanted for a while... layering all done in one screen. I just never found the words for it which is why I never suggested it. Heck, it's probably been suggested several times before, but whatever. I'm really not sure why some other people want all of those extra maps anyways... oh wait... it's probably for copying purposes. Well... if that's the case, why not just add to the "Edit" controls for a "Copy Layer" control. It would pull up a box for which layer(s) you would want to copy from a screen and then you could just paste at will. If there's a reason I missed for all of the extra maps for layering thing, then I don't have a clue what it is. Because this whole layering on 1 screen rockorz.

Item aligning? I'm pretty sure that it's the same thing as Link Tile Mods. Not entirely sure how ya work it, but if ya look around the beta discussion enough, you'll find it.

ShadowTiger
07-25-2006, 01:47 PM
The first issue has been discussed already. It's actually a lot more useful the way it is now than it would be in RPGMaker2K3. ZC is about illusions. You can place anything on any layer. Just slap it from your combo page right onto that screen and use that screen as whatever layer you'd like AND MORE. In RPGMaker, you set something to be a layer and that's it. That's all it can ever be. I'm not that experienced with RPGMaker, although I've used it enough to know even that little. Of course, seeing as this argument was constructed about ZC's method for layering, I'm sure you know a lot more about RPGMaker than ZC's layering system, as you've seen more potential in RPGMaker than ZC, but ZC's layering system is quite powerful. It's only the tedium that's the issue here, as well as map space, (Which won't be dealt with, so forget about it.) Just look into Combo Aliases (Press "o" three times.) and that should cut your time issues by quite a bit.

I'm no developer, but having all the layers on one screen will cause ZC's size to increase by quite a bit. Remember, you also have to go for efficiency of operation while running, and to have all the layers on all the time would be a waste of space. The way it runs now, it only assigns a layer that you're actually going to use. If each screen had seven screens all its own to use, EVERY SINGLE SCREEN would have seven layers. Think about it. That's a LOT of wasted space.

The second suggestion looks very tempting. To place the sprite relative to Link's sprite. ... Boy. I could sure go for some of that. ;)