PDA

View Full Version : Easier-to-use Freeform Combos

Mega Link
07-25-2006, 10:07 AM
In the freeform combo editor there will be a new tab page: movement. In the movement tab there will be 8 combos to select. All for the different directional movements. And a button labelled "Record Movement". Using this, you can record an advanced movement. Once you are done press x to preview it, or z to go back to the editor. And also a check box labelled "loop", a check box labelled "Use diagonal movement", and a check box labelled "eyeball when idle".:cool:

ShadowTiger
07-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Honestly, all I'd rather see for Freeform Combos are two things:

1) An ability to place the Freeform combo as you would a Link Start Point, only you'd have two modes: Snap-To and Normal. Much like how there are different ways to grab images in grab mode, (Press "s" to select them.) you can hold in shift to place it on a snap-to-grid mode, where it'd automatically snap itself to the nearest multiple of 8, in exactly the same way that the Link Start Position placer does. If you're not holding Shift though, it'd just work pixel by pixel, and wherever you release the button or click, that's where the FF Combo would go.

2) A "Go to" button. It'll be a button you can press to place a movement goal (JUST like how you do the above suggestion.) It'd go there from where it's presently placed. It'd then place the angle of travel into the necessary places in the Freeform Combo Dialogue.

Rulehy
07-25-2006, 12:54 PM
So many good ideas!...So hard to keep up with!
I say to make the beta as good as it can.

ShadowTiger
07-25-2006, 01:51 PM
Bugs come first. ;) Nobody wants to use a buggy version.

I mean, ... ... okay. There's making new features, polishing up the new features, and fixing the old ones. The priority goes in reverse. If FF Combos were made easier to use, I'd love it a LOT more than adding a new feature, but I'd also enjoy it if all the bugs were eliminated before even the features we have now are polished up.

bigjoe
07-26-2006, 06:21 PM
I'd like if there were an easy way to make/handle rotation in Freeform Combos. Then you could do cool things like rotating fireballs =D