PDA

View Full Version : combos question?

bluedeath
07-24-2006, 07:44 PM
i need help with combos i wann make 4 torches and gotta light all of them but i wanna light them up 1 at a time but when i light 1 up it triggers all the secret combo flags in the screen what am i doing wrong??:confused:

Rulehy
07-24-2006, 07:54 PM
You could make it so when you light one it warps you to a new screen that
looks the same and repeat until the last one gets lit.:)

Freedom
07-24-2006, 08:00 PM
You have to stack flags, or tier secrets to do this.
You put the lighted torch in the burn position in secret combos, if you want the blue candle or any it's the first position, even though you would need the red candle to light multiple times, it would still work ok.
The the others are placed in secret combos 16, 17, and 18.
when they are all in there click on 18 while holding Ctrl and cosse flag 17, click on 17 and choose 16, click on 16 and choose 4 (burn)
then each time one is lit it will advance the next combo (16, 17, and 18) to flag 4 to be lit.

On your screen place flags 4, 16, 17, and 18 on your unlit torches.
they must be lit in order.

bluedeath
07-25-2006, 08:56 AM
thanks freedom... again

Mega Link
07-25-2006, 09:35 AM
I have the same problem exept with push blocks. Push a block onto one of several triggers, and the shudders open. Should I use a singular flag?

rocksfan13
07-25-2006, 09:58 AM
No. Use the block->shutter screen flag in conjunction with this. Also make sure that the push flag is a push(silent). Otherwise it'll do it to ya then too.

bluedeath
07-25-2006, 10:46 AM
um freedom could u post screenshots to show me what u mean?

Freedom
07-25-2006, 11:05 AM
No, I'm not going to go through making and uploading screenshots and making a tutorial on all of that, follow what it says and play with it and you'll figure it out.

here's how you do four torches to light in a specific order:

1. place the four unlit torch combos on the screen

2. on the first one that you need to light, place a "burn" flag

3. on the second one you need to light, place flag 16, on the third one, place flag 17, and on the fourth, flag 18.

4. set the "burn" secret combo to a lit torch

5. set the secret combo of flag 16, 17, & 18 each to be the regular, unlit torches

6. hold ctrl while clicking on secret combo for flag 16 and then choose the "burn" flag.

7. hold ctrl while clicking on the secret combo for flag 17 and choose the 16th flag ("secret tile 0")

8. hold ctrl while clicking on the secret combo for flag 18 and then choose the 17th flag ("secret tile 1")

--This makes it so that the player can light the four torches in a specific sequence; by burning the first torch, the secret combo of all other torches appear and then thats secret combo's flags become present; when you light torch 1, the secret combo of flag 16, 17, & 18 appear as normal torches over the original normal torches, so they appear unchanged, however flag 16 now changes to the "burn" flag and flag 17 changes to flag 16 & flag 18 changes to flag 17 so that the second torch can be burned. When burned, the 3rd torch can be burned & when that's burned, the fourth & last torch can be burned.

You can also follow the same sequence and add smoke to the torces on layer 3, so when they light they smoke too.

Rulehy
07-25-2006, 08:50 PM
You sure know what your talking about,Freedom!
I didn't even know that you could hold ctrl while clicking on secret combo for
that list!:odd: