PDA

View Full Version : Wendy's - Great fast food... shitty employer.

punkonjunk1024
07-23-2006, 01:03 AM
Alright, so the pizza hut thing is basically done, since I called in sick and they stopped scheduling me. I'm on the payroll, just not scheduled. I have no fucking idea whats up with that.

I got a job at wendy's, and I get 30ish hours a week.
HOWEVER.
No free food. This is something I grew accustomed to at Pizza hut. The GM is a goddamn stickler about it, too. He got mad at me for drinking soda, which is non-inventory.
He's not particularily fond of me, and it shows. I was hired by the homosexual manager who was since fired, but the GM can't fire me just because he didn't want me hired. He's trying hard, though.
Died my hair pink and silver. My hair is naturally gray, so the silver looks great on me. The pink is in the front, and with just a bit of work, it fits entirely under my cap.
So at work, I only have silvery gray hair.
I was told I have to get the pink out or resign. I'd argue descrimination, but that's stupid and won't go anywhere without a union.

How'd he find out? Someone mentioned it to him. I didn't show it to people at work, someone saw it in the bathroom, and mentioned it to him. "it's the principle of the color, and the statement it makes. I don't care if customers can't see it, I know it's there" blah blah blah.

I've basically decided that working any job thats not a career is completely retarded.

Tonight I'm bleaching my hair AGAIN, 2 nights in a row, and silvering out the whole fucker. Assuming my hair doesn't fall out. And for the record, pink rules hard dick.

end rant.

EDIT:

So the bleach is on my head. 50 volume.
Um. turns out my scalp is bleeding, so this exciting operation may be cut short. SWEET.

Bender
07-23-2006, 01:49 AM
Oh yeah. I've known several people who worked for Wendy's, and they all said the job and company sucked ass. Thanks to those same friends, I no longer order anything complicated for fear of injesting someones body fluids along with my Frescatta. Resteraunts suck to work for. Seems like even if the head manager isn't a dickhead, they transfer him or her and hire someone who is.
As for your GM's attitude problem with your hair color, tell him he must be a sheep-humping fagboy, cuz pink hair is really hot.

Archibaldo
07-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Quit imo. If it's that crappy, it's probably not worth it.
Unless you can get into a union. I don't know if they have one or not, I've never worked in fast food.

Btw, I'm almost positive that the GM can't fire you for having pink hair. Even if you're not in a union, you can take your case to the employment office and possibly take him to court for descrimination. I could see if it was a 5 star restauraunt and you had alot of vulgar tattoos on your arms why they would want to fire you. But a fast food chain? Thats retarded. No one pays attention to the employees there. I assume you're one of the guys taking the orders at the cash? Otherwise theres no way you could be upsetting the customers if you're in the kitchen.

War Lord
07-23-2006, 03:09 PM
It all depends on what's outlined in the company handbook.
If it's in there, they can do what they please.
Handbooks are there to set guidelines and rules, as well as cover asses.

Also, most places, when hiring, somewhere in the paperwork employees sign something saying they can be let go at any time, for any reason, without notice. Companies still like to document a few things though, in case the employee that you let go tries to draw unemployment. They'll still probably get the bs, but it helps to have a few signed documents showing employee X fucked up on this date, and did this, to fight it.

Complaining about hair color though? Either join a band or conform. Welcome to coroporate Ameirca. Anything but the norm is frowned upon.

punkonjunk1024
07-23-2006, 03:23 PM
I asked the first day for a handbook, and was comfronted with the nonexistance of one.

and we don't have a get fired at any time thing that I signed, fortunately. Rodney (the GM) was pretty pissed that I spent 2 hours reading all that shit that he handed me to sign. And it literally was all shit.

KJAZZ
07-24-2006, 06:43 AM
I like Wendy's, I would never want to work there though. Or at any fast food place for that matter. Blech. I would get sick of the food there so fast, just being around it all day..

punkonjunk1024
07-24-2006, 07:07 AM
you know, you'd think so... but wendy's food is amazing. When people actually listen to what we're supposed to do, your fries are never more than 7 minutes old, and your nuggets or strips are never more than 30 minutes old. All burgers are made the second they are ordered, with the meat hot off the grill, and everything assembled on the bun as it's made.
Everything, and I mean everything is made extremely fresh. Even the potatoes are rotated and discarded so they don't get old.

The food is really like an actual, real sit down burger joint, in extremely fast form. It's shocking how well done all of it is, compared to mcdonalds, or some other fast food place.

My hair is silver, and I'm pretty sure that'll go over with the manager. If it doesn't, my hair grows in grey anyhow, so it's damn close to my own natural color.

moocow
07-24-2006, 09:14 AM
Here where I work, the mechanics can have piercings but I can't. I'm also not allowed to dye my hair extreme colors. Yes, this sucks because I'd like to have pink hair as well, and get my tongue pierced, but having money is more important that crazy hair and holes. This is called life. There are very few jobs out there that allow such things so you can either choose to do nothing with your life, join a band like WL said (although, all the people I know who are in bands all have jobs, too), open your own business, or shut up and understand the fact that you're a big boy in the real world now, and that there's things way more important in life than having pink hair at Wendy's.

Beldaran
07-24-2006, 12:28 PM
Since he can't see your hair anyway, just tell him you got rid of the pink. If he tries to make you take off your hat, just say "I do not believe you have the right to make me remove my clothing."

Dechipher
07-24-2006, 01:00 PM
Wendy's sucks. It's overpriced and food is only so so. I'd rather spend 6 bucks at McDonalds and get 6 double cheeseburgers which actually taste good as opposed to one Wendy's burger.

Everyone knows Taco Bell is where it's at anyway.

moocow
07-24-2006, 02:42 PM
Wendy's sucks. It's overpriced and food is only so so. I'd rather spend 6 bucks at McDonalds and get 6 double cheeseburgers which actually taste good as opposed to one Wendy's burger.

I actually hate McDonald's and Burger King so when I want cheap fast food, I go to Wendy's. It's better anyway.

Also, Rally's is where it's at, wtf are you talking about? Glitch can back me up on this one.

Cloral
07-24-2006, 03:21 PM
McDonald's is the worst food ever. Whenever I pass one by I can't believe that they're all still open. "Who eats this shit?" I think.

You have to expect that when you work at a job that is non-skilled, you're not going to be treated very well. They can always fire you and find someone else to fill your place. You'd be surprised how much things turn around when you work in a job that is in-demand. Most people assume that means a college-educated job, but this also applies to the trades and contracting.

punkonjunk1024
07-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Here where I work, the mechanics can have piercings but I can't. I'm also not allowed to dye my hair extreme colors. Yes, this sucks because I'd like to have pink hair as well, and get my tongue pierced, but having money is more important that crazy hair and holes. This is called life. There are very few jobs out there that allow such things so you can either choose to do nothing with your life, join a band like WL said (although, all the people I know who are in bands all have jobs, too), open your own business, or shut up and understand the fact that you're a big boy in the real world now, and that there's things way more important in life than having pink hair at Wendy's.

Shit son, it's not like I implied that I don't understand why. But it's those kids with that kind of thing who end up with the shit jobs, because no one else will hire. When I'm applying for jobs, I wear a suit, and I dye my hair the same color as my facial hair. Now I've got a steady job, so I'm not working as hard at staying presentable.

My ultimate goal is a coffeeshop, because they're pretty lax about everything... and I've got experience. So that'd pretty much be amazing.

never heard of rally's, is it a franchise resturaunt? I don't think we've got any around these parts.

and yeah there is no way mcdonalds ever, ever tastes better than wendy's. Mcdonald's standards are about 2353255675124 times lower, and then they don't listen to those standards, anyhow.

Beldaran
07-24-2006, 05:40 PM
Mcdonald's standards are about 2353255675124 times lower, and then they don't listen to those standards, anyhow.

So... they're like the Microsoft of food.

goKi
07-24-2006, 09:39 PM
I actually hate McDonald's and Burger King so when I want cheap fast food, I go to Wendy's. It's better anyway.

Also, Rally's is where it's at, wtf are you talking about? Glitch can back me up on this one.

Glitch and Goat actually insisted i went to Rally's when i was up there. It's pretty damn awesome.

Dechipher
07-25-2006, 12:07 AM
You know, McDonald's really isn't that bad. Their burgers are a little small but the food is actually kinda nice. It has flavor. Everyone gives them shit but I really like their burgers. The fries and chicken is pretty gross, but BK isn't any better.

Masamune
07-25-2006, 12:53 AM

I watched someone eat 6 of those other day. I could only eat 2. :(

Actually, funny story. The same day we were there, Alex bought so much food, I thought he bought some fries. I was staring off into space and didn't quite notice what he bought. So I took a half eaten thing of fries off the table (thinking they were his) and started eating them. He asks me "when did you buy fries?" I tell him I didn't and then when I realize these motherfuckers are cold. I nearly threw up. :(

punkonjunk1024
07-29-2006, 07:42 PM
so uh, they fucking laid me off.
Not kidding.
I might be able to get a job at another wendy's. This is insane. Rodney, the GM, knew this was happening. He wrote the schedule for 3 days he knew we wouldn't be open for.
Wendy's in oshkosh closed down... because the owner of the lot (Wendy's owned the store, not the lot though... wtf...) was getting pissed that we never paid him. so we got closed down.
He knew it was happening. HE'S already transfered to a new wendy's in illinois. Good thing, too, or I'd cut his face.
Asshole.
So uh, now I'm SOL without a fucking job. Hopefully I'll transfer. But this is insane.
It's damn hard to commute on a fucking moped. I may end up working in appleton.

Feel free to pee on any wendy's you stop into. If I didn't need the job so bad I'd just be like fuck you guys and I'd get unemployment, but I'm pretty sure that's alot less.

erm2003
07-30-2006, 12:21 AM
Oh man. Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully you will find something quick.

Darth Marsden
07-30-2006, 02:32 PM
Bummer. Sucks that you're unemployed, but I'd still claim benefits while you're looking for a new job, 'cause cash is cash.

SUCCESSOR
08-01-2006, 08:21 PM
I worked at Wendy's and loved it. Probably because I got away with so much shit. I could have my nails painted, I could tell the managers to fuck off, I ate whatever the fuck I wanted to, the only requirement to get hired after I was there for a awhile was to be hot and female. Which kicked ass BTW

After the dining room closed we threw ice, frosty, condement packets and raw meat at each other, snapped each other with cleaning towels, played our own music, etc.

Worked there for a year and never once saw anyone fuck with the food. Well if you pissed off the sandwich maker you might get a pile of mustard on you burger.

I miss it despite it's shitty wages.

Dechipher
08-02-2006, 03:38 AM
I worked at Wendy's and loved it. Probably because I got away with so much shit. I could have my nails painted, I could tell the managers to fuck off, I ate whatever the fuck I wanted to, the only requirement to get hired after I was there for a awhile was to be hot and female. Which kicked ass BTW

After the dining room closed we threw ice, frosty, condement packets and raw meat at each other, snapped each other with cleaning towels, played our own music, etc.

Worked there for a year and never once saw anyone fuck with the food. Well if you pissed off the sandwich maker you might get a pile of mustard on you burger.

I miss it despite it's shitty wages.

The Taco Bell I work at has that potential, except we're in a small town and we get written up and shit for the most inane things. The owner gets called about so much shit. For instance, I got a complaint the other day for some bitch's order being wrong. I told her what was in the sack as I was handing it to her, ain't my fucking fault the bitch doesn't know the difference between a taco and an enchirito. Anyway, the email mentioned that I and several coworkers were leaning and joking around for the whole "15" minutes she was in the drive-thru. First off, if you're there for 15 minutes, we're gonna fuckin know. It ain't that hard to hide when the clock goes up to 999. Not only that, I was training a new employee. We're the order takers and money takers and drink makers, we don't touch food. So really, us standing there or not don't do shit for your food. Regardless, the managers get their asses chewed out which means we get ours, but they just basically let us know not to fuck up and that the owner keeps getting more and more pissed. Fuck customers.
Anyway, Taco Bell here is a fun place, all the shitty people quit after a few weeks, so you usually have a pretty good crew working. I went in to work tonight to help close cause some bitch quit tonight on account of she sucks at life and will never amount to anything other than crackwhore and I mean that, I mean I ain't got a problem with the bitch she's just she sucks. Most of what I'm saying isn't too clearcut or coherent or whatever, but I'm a wee bit tired which isn't an excuse but I'm fuckin rambling so I'm gonna go.

punkonjunk1024
08-02-2006, 06:24 PM
Just curious, did you work at a WHG taco bell? All the t-bells in wi, and a few others in the country are owned by WHG... and if it is, that might explain the experience.
WHG sucks. I got written up for being 6 minutes late to work once, at pizzahut, and if I wouldn't have been, the manager could have got in trouble for letting something like that slide. Uhg.
I've been really late since, but that was the first time I was late, and it was raining, and I drive a stupid moped... so...