PDA

View Full Version : Next-gen Star Wars game

MacWeirdo42
07-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Oh please oh please OH PLEASE let this game come out on the Wii. Jesus, that would be SO FREAKIN' INCREDIBLE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC3bqyq9QQY

Warlock
07-22-2006, 10:07 PM
Assuming that is meant to be the actual graphics, that's a 360 game clearly (possibly PC). Wii could not handle the lighting effects in that. Granted, with just a slight downgrade it could come close (it's more like first-gen 360).

MacWeirdo42
07-22-2006, 10:46 PM
True, true... I realize those graphics are too much for the Wii (though those might not necessarily be in-game), but come on... The downgrading would be so worth it. The Wii simply cannot go without a lightsaber game, and I'm really hoping Lucasarts feels the same. You could even do force powers by thrusting your hand forward with the nunchuck. Oh, that'd be so bad-ass.

Beldaran
07-22-2006, 10:48 PM
LucasArts has already announced development of Star Wars titles for the Wii.

This video looks awesome though.

Warlock
07-22-2006, 11:06 PM
LucasArts has already announced development of Star Wars titles for the Wii.

This video looks awesome though.

Yeah, I recall seeing "Star Wars Wii" or something on the titles list. Incidentally, that old Star Wars Arcade game (not the *old* old one, but the one with maybe Neo Geo quality graphics) had a lightsabre mechanism that could be adapted to Wii. Basically the game would give you visual prompts and you'd move the joystick in that direction. They could of course make that work quite a bit better with full motion though :)

Spaceship flight controls would be cool with the Wii controller too. Imagine doing a barrel-roll on an X-wing with the Wii controller :D

MacWeirdo42
07-23-2006, 12:36 AM
I refuse to imagine doing a barrel roll, because I've been visiting YTMND far too much lately. That said, I wonder... Could the Wii-mote be effectively used as a joystick? By which I mean holding it like you would a joystick. The problem, of course, would be that it'd offer no feedback, but on the other hand, it might be fun.

Grasshopper
07-23-2006, 01:23 AM
Wasnt that video though just a tech demo they showed off at E3 to show what they could do. I doubt that video in particular is even a game.

Darth Marsden
07-23-2006, 04:11 AM
When I see actual game footage, I'll be exited. For now, this is all just speculation, albiet some very impressive stuff.

Goes to play Jedi Academy

Archibaldo
07-23-2006, 03:14 PM
It looks cool. But I highly doubt that was actualy gameplay. It must just be an intro trailer or something. Even the 360 games can't be that smooth. But I'm sure the game will fall quite close to that though.

Warlock
07-27-2006, 11:36 AM
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/721/721019p1.html

The realistic physics engine they are gonna use sounds awesome. As does the AI (they use an example of using Force Push vs. a Stormtrooper, and he stops it by grabbing on to a railing and grabbing a gun next to him)

MottZilla
07-27-2006, 02:35 PM
It looks and sounds awesome. The real question is if they can really pull it off on modern hardware. All that was prerendered.

Archibaldo, 360 games can easily be that smooth. I don't think that the graphics are really all that much of the problem. I think the physics processing and such would be more of the problem. The graphics themselves weren't all that beyond current technology, but the physics to how they all behaves was. But I suppose we will see.

Warlock
07-27-2006, 03:53 PM
It looks and sounds awesome. The real question is if they can really pull it off on modern hardware. All that was prerendered.

Archibaldo, 360 games can easily be that smooth. I don't think that the graphics are really all that much of the problem. I think the physics processing and such would be more of the problem. The graphics themselves weren't all that beyond current technology, but the physics to how they all behaves was. But I suppose we will see.

Yeah the physics definately has me worried. I *think* 360 and probably PS3 could handle it, but who knows.

Multiplayer tho... I dunno :P

MottZilla
07-28-2006, 02:25 PM
Ya for multiplayer with massive more interaction enviroments makes you want and need faster (low ping, higher bandwidth) internet connections for gaming.

As far as PS3 and 360 differences, the best at 360 and best at PS3 would probably be quite similar.